Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

From the Texans MB

A series of quotes from Texas fans from www.texanstalk.com

"Man, I am so angry. I have been so excited about getting Bush since we lost to the *****(in my mind, it was a no brainer)

There has been a lot of talk about Williams filling a bigger need for us than Bush. I totally don't agree one bit. I think our biggest need is to help out David Carr, and Bush would definitely do that as well as take some pressure off of Johnson and new WR Moulds.

Also, I read a quote from Kubiak that said we weren't going to be able to outgun the Colts, even with Bush. That maybe might be true, but how is Williams going to help? I am not impressed with him from what I've seen. 10 of his sacks last year came in 3 games against horrible teams. He only has sacks in 16 of his 36 games total in college.
    Sure, he did have an awesome draft combine, but from everything I have seen his play at NC State, I haven't been impressed.

Not only that, this is going to kill ticket sales. I was so excited about getting a Bush jersey and going to games and watch him do the amazing stuff that he does.
    I don't think very many people want to go watch an overrated DE, especially knowing we could have had so much better.

I keep wishing that maybe this isn't real and there's someway the Texans can still draft Bush tomorrow, but I know that isn't possible. "

"That was some smokescreen! I was shocked to hear on 610 and confirmed in the chronic that it happened. That changes the draft"

"This SUCKS. I am PISSED!!!!!!!!!!

What the hell, man? They're giving a DE a GUARANTEED TWENTY TWO MILLION DOLLARS!! Bush only wanted 24.6. WTF?!? "

"This is BS. WTF are they thinking."

"God, and they're showing the Rose Bowl on ESPN Classic right now, too.

I can't express how angry I am right now. If you don't want Bush or Young, you freaking TRADE DOWN. Even for a crappy offer. YOU TRADE THE F DOWN. "

"He Screws us over every freaking year. "

" have to go drink. This is too much to take."

"I think I'm going to buy Reggie Bush and Vince Young jerseys, regardless of where they go, and wear one of them to EVERY SINGLE GAME THIS YEAR. "

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: From the Texans MB

I have to say i would be pissed to.

I am a particular fan of the last one.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Texans wiffed big-time.

1) They could've signed Bush 3 months from now.

2) They could've signed Brickshaw (OT)

3) They could've moved back a pick or 2 and selected Brickshaw.

4) They could've worked harder at dealing the pick and focused on getting more players for their team.

Mario wasn't worthy of the very first pick IMO.

I lived in North Carolina when Julius Peppers played at UNC. Mario Williams does NOT, no-way-no how, have the physical tools of Peppers.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

This was written 4 days ago.

... ..: There's no way Williams goes No. 1
    Michael Rosenberg / Special to FOXSports.com
    Posted: 4 days ago

Yeah, so the Houston Texans might use the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft on Mario Williams.

OK.
    How would they announce it? Would they just drop it into their big "Hey everybody, we're doubling ticket prices and cutting the size of beer cups in half!" press conference? Would Charley Casserly hold up a Reggie Bush Texans jersey, then scream "Just kidding!" and then hold up a Vince Young Texans jersey, then scream "Gotcha AGAIN!" and then hold up a Williams jersey? And while he did it, would he be wearing a bulletproof vest?

Casserly has had a run of failure as Houston's general manager — a job he somehow earned with a run of mediocrity as the Redskins' general manager. But would even he try this?

I can't believe the Texans are serious about drafting Mario Williams, the defensive end from North Carolina State. It seems pretty obvious that Houston just wants to drive Bush's asking price down. And if so, this is the lamest negotiating ploy of all-time.

Excerpt.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5...0813162&ATT=23

It was, and if the Houston texans though they could teach the most exciting prospect in football in recent memory a lesson by signing a lesser talent to 2.5 million dollars less? Come on. He's going to get pretty similar figures no matter where he lands in the top 4 picks.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Texans wiffed big-time.

1) They could've signed Bush 3 months from now.

2) They could've signed Brickshaw (OT)

3) They could've moved back a pick or 2 and selected Brickshaw.

4) They could've worked harder at dealing the pick and focused on getting more players for their team.

Mario wasn't worthy of the very first pick IMO.

I lived in North Carolina when Julius Peppers played at UNC. Mario Williams does NOT, no-way-no how, have the physical tools of Peppers.
    I'm not sure they could have done all that. I would be very surprised if they hadn't shopped the pick at whatever time they decided Bush wasn't their man. If this decision was strictly about the money, then yeah, it was a big mistake. But maybe, just maybe the scouts saw some things about Bush that made them question whether he was really that extraordinary. Don't get me wrong--he's better than Dominique Davis, but is the difference between them that huge? This isn't what I would have done, but it might not be as bad a decision as it looks like. If Kubiak is looking for a one-cut runner for a system like what he ran in Denver, that's probably not the best situation to utilize Bush's talents.

As far as D'Brickashaw is concerned, maybe they thought the possibilities at OT were better in round 2 than for premiere pass rushers. If we just take Bush out of the equation, the choice might be Ferguson/Kiwanuka or Ferguson/Hali vs. M.Williams/Winston or M.Williams/McNeill.