Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: TFY: Pre-Combine Notes 6.0
TFY: Pre-Combine Notes 6.0
Pre-Combine Notes 6.0
TFY Draft Insider
Two weeks from Saturday the offensive linemen take the field of Lucas Oil Stadium as the workouts for the 2013 NFL combine officially begin. Until then we will fill you on how the preparation is going for many of the invitees as well as the latest word on free agency. Update Feb 18th- Justin Hunter blowing up training….Werner- not so much…
- Word is Justin Hunter/WR/Tennessee has shown freakish athleticism in combine training and is getting rave reviews. He’s expected to test great this coming Sunday.
- Another pass catcher who’s getting a lot of love is Vance McDonald/TE/Rice. The quarterback’s at the IMG facility in Bradenton, Florida where McDonald is preparing for the combine have spoken highly of his skills.
- Its ironic but everyone we’ve spoken to say Tyler Eifert/TE/Notre Dame has not looked anything special during training. That said most expect Eifert to run in the low 4.6-range at the combine and could break into the upper 4.5’s.
- Eifert’s Notre Dame teammate Manti Te’o is really not expected to test all that well on Monday, which should come as no surprise.
- I’m told Bjoern Werner/DE/Florida State has not looked like a super athlete in training the past few weeks and many are not expecting a great workout at the combine from the Seminoles pass rusher. That does not surprise me. On film Werner does not display great speed in pursuit and is more of a short (10-yard) burst defender. Its part of the reason why I never considered Werner to be 3-4 outside linebacker material.
- Despite the fact DeAndre Hopkins/WR/Clemson has looked terrific catching the ball he’s unlikely to break the 4.5-second barrier on Sunday and won’t be graded as a first round pick.
- I’ve been a bit miffed by the lack of talk surrounding Logan Ryan/CB/Rutgers. He’s been ranked as one of my top cornerbacks all season. I’m told there is concern about his speed and Ryan’s forty time next Tuesday is important. Sources close to the situation tell me Ryan will run in the 4.5-area but will turn in some of the fastest shuttle times of any defensive back. Right now we hear teams grade the Rutgers junior as a 2nd/3rd round pick.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson/CB/UConn is all over draft boards. Some teams have him ranked as a potential late 1st round choice while others as a mid-3rd round selection.
Re: TFY: Pre-Combine Notes 6.0
I was kind of hoping that Vance McDonald would fly under the radar a bit and possibly be available for the Rams in round 3, but I think he's going to really show up at the combine and will have teams looking at him earlier.
Conversely, I like seeing that Hopkins may be available in round 2 when the Rams pick. I would definitely be happy with that pick.
Re: TFY: Pre-Combine Notes 6.0
Hey Nick, I was wondering something. Do you see Te'o as something like a Dat Nguyen type player? Not big enough, not fast enough, but still just a pretty decent to good all around NFL caliber player?
I am not a ND fan by any stretch of the imagination, but besides that bowl game, he just always seemed to be in the right place, at the right time...This space for rent...
By Nick in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 0Last Post: -02-10-2012, 11:21 PM
By Bralidore(RAMMODE) in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 11Last Post: -02-25-2010, 02:35 PM
By RockyRam in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 13Last Post: -02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
By Nick in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 16Last Post: -02-24-2006, 02:26 AM
By RamJackson39 in forum DRAFT & FAReplies: 1Last Post: -02-22-2006, 11:30 PM