View Poll Results: Three years from now, which of these would surprise you the least?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Oher has become the best OT from this draft.

7 13.21%
  • Neither Sanchez nor Stafford is the best QB in the class.

14 26.42%
  • The best WR in the draft ends up being someone other than Crabtree or Maclin.

11 20.75%
  • The best defensive player from the draft is Rey Maualuga.

4 7.55%
  • The best offensive player from the draft is Chris Wells.

5 9.43%
  • Ron Brace ends up being a better player than B.J. Raji.

5 9.43%
  • Ramses Barden is the star of the draft class.

7 13.21%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which of these anti-conventional wisdom outcomes could you see happening?

In three years, many of the players who are viewed as the best prospects will have become busts, while many lower choices will prove to be stars.

Which of these anti-conventional wisdom outcomes would surprise you the least?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Which of these anti-conventional wisdom outcomes could you see happening?

just because of previous drafts, i wouldnt be surprised about the Sanchez/Stafford not being the best QB thing

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Of the choices available, I'll go with the QB choice. Three years from now, Freeman might be the best of the bunch.........maybe.

However, I'll throw in my own choice. Three years from now, Conner Barwin will be considered the best defensive player in this draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i went for WR other than Crabtree & Maclin...mainly due to the depth of talent at the position this year...it is to me a lot like the OT situation....the 5th prospect picked at the position could end up being the best without it being too much of a shock!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I went for Rey Maualuga being the best defender, as that really wouldn't surprise me, as it's very possible he could just rack up the tackles given the right system.

Both of the QB and WR ones were very tempting as well, as there's no guarentees on any of them. I just don't see a better QB anywhere though(Pat White?), and doubt that Crabtree will bust out. But hey, it's all a crapshoot!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I went with Oher potentially being the best tackle in this class. I don't think that will be the case, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. The same goes for Maualuga. He could be the next Ray Lewis or the next Lavar Arrington.

jbell15 Guest

I went with Oher, because of physical talent.
    If you look at it in terms of potential, it goes:
    Andre Smith
    Michael Oher
    Jason Smith
    Eugene Monroe
    So if Andre Smith goes to cincy, he will have problems and Oher could easily be the best OT.
    Yet another reason advocate a trade down, or drafting Curry.

DistantRam Guest

Blast and botheration! I selected the wrong option by mistake. Is there any way of changing your vote?

Oher will be the best OT in the class, in my opinion.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I have to say Oher. There are two things the combine and Pro Day's can't measure: hunger and heart. This guy has both. Is that enough? We shall see.

Good poll though.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I think Chris wells is a beast. Guys like him with that tough physical running syle along with his speed are hard to find. IF he can stay healthy I think he will be verry similar to Michael Turner.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

I wouldn't be very surprised if sanchez and stafford were not the best QBs...hell, Rhett Brohmar might be.

But i would be even less surprised if Ramses Barden was a star. The kid is huge and he caught a TD in every game last year! that's ridiculous! The Rams didn't even score a TD in every game last year. IMO Barden will be sensational and i hope will be a member of the Rams(es Bardens)

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I chose Oher.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I went Oher. I have yet to find a more compelling story than that of "Big Mike". If you would have asked me a four months ago, Michael Oher would have been my pick at numero deuce. However, now I think he's built like Pace but will play and think like Barron. Thats why the draft is so compelling, you never know what your gonna get, even after you get them.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Tough Choice here. I ended up picking Chris Wells. Not only could he be a goal line threat and score plenty of touchdowns, but the guy had breakaway runs at Ohio St. as well. If he's able to transition his game well into the pro's and stay healthy, It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up becoming the best offensive player of this class.

Warner4prez Guest

It's Barden. He will be an absolute steal for any team that ends up with him. It may not be right off the bat in his rookie year, but once he earns his playing time, lights out gang.