View Poll Results: Who do you want in the first round?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

0 0%
  • LaRon Landry, S, LSU

3 7.89%
  • Lawrence Timmons, OLB, FSU

3 7.89%
  • Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville

20 52.63%
  • Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

0 0%
  • Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

1 2.63%
  • Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

1 2.63%
  • Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi

6 15.79%
  • Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State

1 2.63%
  • DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State

0 0%
  • Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame

0 0%
  • Someone else (who?)

3 7.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which of these players would you want with the first pick?

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Which of these players would you want with the first pick?

my top 2 choses are Amobi Okoye and Patrick Willis, but i chosed Amobi Okoye, we need someone to stop the run! and Jimmy cannot do it.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I choose Timmons but would love Willis also. Okoye is just to small right now & we need beef on the front line.

keith m. klink Guest

if we had to be stuck at 13, it would be willis, but if we can't get a differance maker on the line , branch - adams - anderson , i would prefer a trade downand grab abiamiri- de or the next great wr for this team in bowe -wr or meachum-wr , and grab some extra picks and just stack the rest of the day with solid defense prospects and hope to grab a de and dt in free agency. that might be my possition, that nobody is going to like.

Drew is offline Registered User

I wouldn`t rule out a trade down again this year seems like we could go down a few places like last year and still get the player we would have picked with our original pick!

i say trade down to 18th and pick Timmons,Charles Johnson, Carricker,Okoye whoever the BPA is!

keith m. klink Guest

let's just trade down and grab some more bodies,and find some talent in the next 2-3 rounds. we know teams will want this spot again, the high middle of the round is always moving.

BigDaddyPace is offline Registered User

Re: Which of these players would you want in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPace View Post
    We CANNOT win with Kennedy on the interior. Okoye
    I take that back, Okoye is only 285 lbs. Get Willis.

jquarando is offline Registered User

Lightbulb Re: Which of these players would you want with the first pick?

Im going to have to agree with Ramarkable. Lets take a look at what Ginn would bring to the table.

1) Unbelievable speed which would give the rams a deep threat if Kevin Curtis leaves and I also would like to mention that Kevin is 28 years old and if he loses a step hes done for. Although I hate to say that cause I love the hell out of him.

2) Return ability which is something the Rams definitly need. Just imagine how cool it would be if the rams didnt start out at their own 20 every drive.

3) Just look at the offensive talent the Rams have drafted over the years(Pace,Holt) as opposed to the crap they have drafted on defense(Kennedy,Archuleta). The rams spending a first round pick on a defensive player is like the browns trying to draft a qb. We should just stick to what we know and what we know is offense.

I would also like to add that we need someone who can contribute on defense yesterday. In 2 or 3 years our almighty offense will be older than it already is, which is why using our cap money to buy the right defensive players for the now and use the draft for the future. That is how things are supposed to work.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post

3) Just look at the offensive talent the Rams have drafted over the years(Pace,Holt) as opposed to the crap they have drafted on defense(Kennedy,Archuleta). The rams spending a first round pick on a defensive player is like the browns trying to draft a qb. We should just stick to what we know and what we know is offense.

Can't agree with that "logic"? ... If there is a defensive guy there at #13 that tops the Rams board, then the Rams should grab him. The notion that we shouldn't take a player because we gambled and lost previously on a first rounder doesn't hold water. You have to go with the guy you think is the best value -- if the Rams don't feel there is enough value when it is their turn to pick at 13 then they will try and trade down.

It is hard to predict anything now before the players have a chance to further showcase their skills at the combine, but if Teddy Boy runs as fast as everyone thinks he will, it is more than likely he won't be around at #13.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Can't agree with that "logic"? ... If there is a defensive guy there at #13 that tops the Rams board, then the Rams should grab him. The notion that we shouldn't take a player because we gambled and lost previously on a first rounder doesn't hold water. You have to go with the guy you think is the best value -- if the Rams don't feel there is enough value when it is their turn to pick at 13 then they will try and trade down.
    Exactly. I see absolutely no logic in the line of thinking that says we should avoid drafting a certain position because we've had bad luck drafting it in the past. You don't turn yourself off to new prospects at a specific position simply because of a bad track record. If you evaluate the prospects and a player at that position grades out highly on your board, you don't pass him up because a guy you drafted five years ago at that position didn't work out.

It is hard to predict anything now before the players have a chance to further showcase their skills at the combine, but if Teddy Boy runs as fast as everyone thinks he will, it is more than likely he won't be around at #13.
    There's a lot of speculation that Ginn will choose not to run at the combine and will instead wait for his Pro Day, where he'll put up faster and somewhat less credible times.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Though I have not done a study (I might some day if I have the time) to evaluate which position (other than QB) is least likely to produce as a rookie, I'd be willing to bet that WR is at the top of the list. While there are exceptions, most first round WRs don't light it up as rookies. In fact, often the best rookie WRs are taken after the first round.

On the flip side, the positions I think are most likely to make an immediate impact are DE and LB.

Stlskaterprep696 is offline Registered User

maybe its not just who we get

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: Which of these players would you want in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Easy... Lawrence Timmons
    Wow I don't wannt know what I was thinkin when I wrote this, sorry, now I would take okoye
    Built RAM tough

I couldnt agree with you more. Ive been living in Columbus for a couple years now watching Ginn and I cannot believe that he would slip out of the top 10. The only thing that may hold him back is, from what i can tell, not nearly as smart as Sir Isaac Bruce and Reverend Torry Holt. And I forgot to mention(I grew up in cleveland) Teddy was the one of the top prospects coming out of Highschool at the DB position. That adds another dimension to his game if the rams got the chance to draft him. Im not saying we would use him there, im just saying this guy is a freak.

I dont mean to be rude but by your logic if a player tops the Rams board then they should grab him. With that said that means D.Lewis, Archuleta, Picket, Robert Thomas, and Jimmy K all topped the Rams board when it was time to pick in the first round. There is no doubt in my mind that they did but think about it, the rams simply just dont know how to evaluate defensive talent(maybe at the DE position, wistrom and K.carter but thats about it, those other guys were horrible), or they dont know how to evaluate it correctly enough to waste a prime first round pick on a sure miss.Track records speak for themselves. Some teams just dont have the front office personel to evaluate players, when to draft certain players, and their teams true needs.Once again I would like the rams to stick to what they know and what they know is offense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12