Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    thillis's Avatar
    thillis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    thillis' First Mock Draft

    This draft is assuming we sign Cortland Finnegan, Jason Jones, Brandon Lloyd and Darien Stewart.

    I think the Rams trade out of the #2 spot with the Cleveland Browns. Cleveland will be looking for a franchise QB and they seem pretty enamored with RG3. The Browns give up their two first round picks (#4 and #22).

    1-4. Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    The Rams desperately need an offensive playmaker at the wideout position. Justin Blackmon is considered the best WR prospect in the draft. The receiving unit will be in good shape with him as a #1, Lloyd as a #2, and Salas at slot.

    1-22. Lamar Miller, RB, Miami
    Steven Jackson is still going to be the number one back. However, it is time to start thinking about his replacement. In a run heavy offense, Fisher is going to want his "guy." I think Millar would be good to share the work load with Jackson. Also, Millar has solid hands for a RB, which gives us some versatility.

    2-33. Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State
    Jason Smith's contract is just too high, his concussions have kept him sideline, and let's face it he has performed poorly. I say draft Sanders for the RT and just consider Smith a Devaney bust. Zebrie Sanders is the best OT available at this spot and a good player overall.

    3-66.
    Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
    Rams opt to keep repairing a very weak line. Outside of Harvey Dahl the Guard position is very weak. Jacob Bell has not impressed for the most part. The Wisconsin line has manhandled other teams defensive fronts this season. The Rams will be happy with Zeitler.

    4-96. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
    Jason Brown is going make a massive hit on the Salary Cap, especially for someone who was benched. I expect the Rams to cut him. Michael Brewster will be the Ram's solution at Center.

    Rounds 6-7


    I don't know much about the players expected to go late in the draft. I think Fisher should try to work his magic and make a big hit at OLB. The Rams should also consider depth at DT and Safety.

    Thanks for reading!


  2. #2
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    not bad man. im not as high on Miller as most people and i think he'll slip into the late 1st round. I rather get Polk out of Washington personally. but if this draft happened i would be fine with it. nice job. love how we grab lots of O-line help. still need to find and OLB somewhere though.

    also: welcome to the ClanRam man.


  3. #3
    thillis's Avatar
    thillis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    I still have a bad taste in my mouth from taking so many linemen with high picks, which is why I went with play makers. IMO, good linemen, especially at center and guard can be taken in the middle rounds. OLB was my only concern as well with this draft as well.

  4. #4
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by thillis View Post
    I still have a bad taste in my mouth from taking so many linemen with high picks, which is why I went with play makers. IMO, good linemen, especially at center and guard can be taken in the middle rounds. OLB was my only concern as well with this draft as well.
    ditto man, i cant stand taking another linemen early in the draft, just kills us at getting playmakers. and i agree with you 100% on good centers and guards being available in the middle rounds.


  5. #5
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    Lamar Miller > Chris Polk

    Chris Polk is strictly a between the tackles runner. He doesn't have great speed, elusiveness, vision, or moves. He's a tough runner, but that's about it.


    Good mock. I feel that Miller can be taken with the 2nd round pick though. We could get someone like Vontaze Burfict or Devon Still instead.

    If Lloyd ends up not coming back, I wouldn't mind going with ANOTHER WR with the other 1st round pick. Jeffery or Floyd will probably be available.
    Last edited by RockinRam; -01-14-2012 at 08:52 PM.

  6. #6
    thillis's Avatar
    thillis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    I completely agree that if Lloyd is not resigned they should stack up on WR's, namely Floyd or Jeffrey. I still feel the Browns trade is the best one to make, as opposed to the Redskins.

    I disagree that Miller gets past round one. I think the Broncos take him if he gets past 22. Mcgahee is old and Moreno just can't handle a full workload.

  7. #7
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    if Lloyd leaves, i say we use our 2nd pick on kendell wright. hes a playmaker if i ever saw one. lots of teams actually consider him the best wr in the draft.


  8. #8
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by thillis View Post
    I completely agree that if Lloyd is not resigned they should stack up on WR's, namely Floyd or Jeffrey. I still feel the Browns trade is the best one to make, as opposed to the Redskins.

    I disagree that Miller gets past round one. I think the Broncos take him if he gets past 22. Mcgahee is old and Moreno just can't handle a full workload.
    sorry, for some reason i thought you were taking miller in the 2nd, it wasnt registering in my mind he was our 2nd 1st round pick takin from the browns. i think you have it right he'll be takin around that time.


  9. #9
    thillis's Avatar
    thillis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    He isn't my favorite running back in the draft (That's Richardson) but if he was there at #33 that would be a steal. Also, I would be all for Kendal Wright if Lloyd leaves at #33. Blackmon/Wright/Salas.

    My reason for taking Miller is that #22 seems reasonable for what is considered a solid RB prospect as opposed to spending a high pick on Richardson or a RB in next year if we have a top ten pick ( I hope we don't pick that high again). As we discussed before I do not want to see them take a first round pick on the O-Line even at #22.

    Secondly, we do need another back. I would hate having to spend a 2 or 3 on what would be a 3rd down back. The Rams don't have the depth for that, a Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, etc... is a luxury and the Rams are struggling to just have starters. If you spend a pick they need to be starters or people who can play step up when another player is injured or retires.

  10. #10
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: thillis' First Mock Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by thillis View Post
    He isn't my favorite running back in the draft (That's Richardson) but if he was there at #33 that would be a steal. Also, I would be all for Kendal Wright if Lloyd leaves at #33. Blackmon/Wright/Salas.

    My reason for taking Miller is that #22 seems reasonable for what is considered a solid RB prospect as opposed to spending a high pick on Richardson or a RB in next year if we have a top ten pick ( I hope we don't pick that high again). As we discussed before I do not want to see them take a first round pick on the O-Line even at #22.

    Secondly, we do need another back. I would hate having to spend a 2 or 3 on what would be a 3rd down back. The Rams don't have the depth for that, a Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, etc... is a luxury and the Rams are struggling to just have starters. If you spend a pick they need to be starters or people who can play step up when another player is injured or retires.
    couldnt agree more man. agree 100%


Similar Threads

  1. Football Gameplan's Mock Draft Video - Final Mock
    By EmDiggy in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: -04-11-2011, 08:32 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: -03-21-2010, 07:43 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: -01-04-2007, 09:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •