Thread: Third Round MLB

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Third Round MLB

if all goes somewhat according to plan, the rams will take an OT first round (whether it be Smith or Monroe) and more than likely Laurunitis will be off the board in the second round. Thus, in the third round I would hope for a MLB choice if not attained in the second. What are your opinions on this one:

Strengths:
    Extremely tough...Super aggressive...Tremendous instincts...Decent timed speed...Reliable tackler...Excellent football IQ and is like an extra coach on the field...Reads and reacts quickly...Works through traffic well...Good awareness and is adequate in coverage...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has a non-stop motor...True leader...Fantastic work ethic...A terrific special teamer...Has a ton of experience...Productive.

Weaknesses:
    Just average height and bulk with short arms and small hands...Not a great athlete...Range is somewhat limited...Has some trouble shedding blocks...Will get engulfed by massive offensive linemen...Lacks fluid hips...Marginal change of direction skills...Isn't much of a pass rusher.

-taken from draftcountdown.com

I personally think the pros greatly outweigh the cons in the prospect and due to a knee injury he may be available in the third.

This prospect is Jason Phillips from TCU.

I think he should be the pick if available in the third round because unlike other MLBs in the draft, his production remained consistent and he played with a fearless rampage throughout his career.

What does everyone else think? Is round three a MLB choice or do you see greater priorities?

jbell15 is offline Registered User

Re: Third Round MLB

If we get a wr in round two, i would go with a MLB in round three.
    If we get a DT in round two, i would go with a WR in round three.
    I think that, even with the addition of Robinson, we need another WR to develop. I think that phillips is a very good option, especially if he can play three downs. I DON'T want to draft a mlb who can't cover on passing downs.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If we're going to go MLB in the third round, I would rather grab Jaspar Brinkley.

If Phillips was available in the fourth, I would consider him, although Mckillop, Joseph, and Holtzclaw sound more appealing. If he slips to the fifth, and no one else worth consideration is available, I would take him.

flying t-bird is offline Registered User

I am a big fan of Mountain west football. i think that phillips would be a great 3rd rounder because of our need for a mlb. TCU had a great defense last year and i think phillips will have a solid if not exceptional nfl career

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by timsum1283 View Post
    if all goes somewhat according to plan, the rams will take an OT first round (whether it be Smith or Monroe) and more than likely Laurunitis will be off the board in the second round. Thus, in the third round I would hope for a MLB choice if not attained in the second. What are your opinions on this one:

Strengths:
    Extremely tough...Super aggressive...Tremendous instincts...Decent timed speed...Reliable tackler...Excellent football IQ and is like an extra coach on the field...Reads and reacts quickly...Works through traffic well...Good awareness and is adequate in coverage...Does a nice job in pursuit...Has a non-stop motor...True leader...Fantastic work ethic...A terrific special teamer...Has a ton of experience...Productive.

Weaknesses:
    Just average height and bulk with short arms and small hands...Not a great athlete...Range is somewhat limited...Has some trouble shedding blocks...Will get engulfed by massive offensive linemen...Lacks fluid hips...Marginal change of direction skills...Isn't much of a pass rusher.

-taken from draftcountdown.com

I personally think the pros greatly outweigh the cons in the prospect and due to a knee injury he may be available in the third.

This prospect is Jason Phillips from TCU.

I think he should be the pick if available in the third round because unlike other MLBs in the draft, his production remained consistent and he played with a fearless rampage throughout his career.

What does everyone else think? Is round three a MLB choice or do you see greater priorities?
    WHO'S PLAN??????

OT not the only need