Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: THolt Mock Off-Season 1.0

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: THolt Mock Off-Season 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    We could debate this all day lol... I agree with you LT is an important position... But im going to ask you a question because i am truly confused about this:

Okay so other than is 2011 penalties his biggest problem was the bull rush and we said he needed to add bulk but he is listed at 6-5 323 and he had 27 reps at the combine; the reps are not great but they are average so in terms of size here is the difference
    Saffold: 6-5 323
    Khalil: 6-7 295

Obviously these numbers are going to change come combine day but right now given his size numbers what makes you think Kalil will be better vs. the bull rush than Saffold? Because i just do not understand how Kalil is being ranked so high given his size under 300.

Jake Long was 6-7 and 315 pounds (20 pound difference) at the 2008 combine

Also you cant say because a person is good at 1 position he will be good at another. Personally i would keep Saffold on the left side no matter what and i want Dahl to play RT; RT is more important than guard and Dahl played well at RT.

I dont think its a question of WR vs. LT as bigger need its playmaker/game changer vs. LT...Our D is good enough to keep the game close till the 4th we just need that player that will win it for us.
    Im not debating the merits of either Kalil or Saffold in my thread. As was speaking hypothetically, I said, as "IF Kalil was the real deal at LT." Which in turn could help the Rams in upgrading their RT position. With Rodger Saffold moving to RT. This is just one of the many scenarios the Rams could consider on draft day. The same could be said about Blackmon improving, the depth in the receivers on the team. I think your right we could go on all day LOL

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Im not debating the merits of either Kalil or Saffold in my thread. As was speaking hypothetically, I said, as "IF Kalil was the real deal at LT." Which in turn could help the Rams in upgrading their RT position. With Rodger Saffold moving to RT. This is just one of the many scenarios the Rams could consider on draft day. The same could be said about Blackmon improving, the depth in the receivers on the team. I think your right we could go on all day LOL
    With this post i guess we can agree that we want to see an improved offensive roster no doubt about it
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    This off-season will be predicated on the fact that DMarco Farrs reporting is correct and we will have roughly 33 million in cap space when FA rolls around, and I will tell who I think we will lose/restructure to get to that point.

Before we can get to Free Agency we must cut/restructure:

Notable Cuts:
    Ron Bartell, CB
    Jason Smith, OT
    Fred Robbins, DT

Restructure/Resign:
    Sam Bradford, QB
    Chris Long, DE

Re-sign:
    Tony Wragge, G/C - Vet Min
    Darian Stewart, SS, RFA tender
    Donnie Jones, P, 1m
    Danny Amendola, WR, Minimum coming off bad injury
    Kellen Clemens, BQB, Vet Min
    Chris Chamberlain, OLB, Min

For those wondering I am of the belief that Jason Brown will stay and start next season at LG/C. If Fisher and Co. don't think he can start then he will be waived, because you don't pay a backup that much money and it would create even more cap room. But I say he stays & starts.

Now to the new additions:

Free Agency:
    Marques Colston, WR, Formerly of the New Orleans Saints

The gauntlet has been thrown in the Fishnead (thanks Hub) era. This man is a beast and the essence of consistency. Gives Sam Bradford an amazing option, and doesn't strong arm them in the draft. He's an incredibly physical, sure-handed receiver and a polished route runner. When he's available, he brings another dimension to the Saints offense that none of their other talented weapons possess. 6-4 225, an ideal target for any QB.
    Predicted contract: 4 years 32 million; 8 Mill/Yr

Cortland Finnegan, CB, Formerly of the Tennessee Titans

Jeff Fisher brings back his former field general. This signing IMO is one of the most inevitable of the off-season for any team if Finnegan hits the open market, and I love it. I have always had an admiration for Finnegan, and think that he is flat out better than Bartell skill-wise. Nonetheless that he is younger, and less injury prone. Finnegan has been a top 10 corner for much of his career. Finnegan knows the system, and immediately comes in and helps younger CBs Bradley Fletcher, and Jerome Murphy learn.
    Predicted Contract: 5 years 50 million; 10 Mill/Yr

Jason Jones, DT, Formerly of the Tennessee Titans

When healthy, Jason Jones is one of the league's better interior pass rushers. He has an explosive first step in getting upfield and disrupting a quarterback's ability to step up into a clean pocket. However, last year the Titans moved him out to defensive end, where he struggled to match his productivity from years past. Fisher knows where to play this guy, and how he can thrive. I think this will go down as one of the steals of the off-season.
    Predicted Contract: 4 years 14 million; 3.5 Mill/Yr

There will be other minimum depth signings, but I thought I would highlight the "Big Three."

Draft Time:
    *Trade* Washington gives the St Louis Rams the 1.6, 2.7, 4.7, 2012 1st, 2012 3rd.
    Bottomline with this trade, this is a make or break year for Mike Shannahan, and without a franchise quarterback again, the Skins will struggle, and Shannahan will be out of a job once again. I foresee them making the most aggressive push for RGIII.

Picks 1-5: Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, Matt Kalil, Justin Blackmon, and Morris Claiborne.

With the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa.

Not the sexiest pick, but the best for the long-term future of the franchise given the moves made in free agency. Mike Mayocks #1 rated tackle, Reiff is 6 foot 6 inches, 300 pounds and started all but two games in his college career after redshirting in 2008. He is considered a solid run and pass blocker.

With the thirty-third pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina

I am very excited to see this guy compete at the combine, as I think he is going to dominate it, but then the other part of me isn't because I think it will be precisely that that moves him up draft boards. This guy is a no brainer pick with us. He is quick and has good coverage skills. He instantly becomes the best OLB we have had in St Louis in a long time. He will find an ole pal in 2011 first rounder Robert Quinn. He has first round talent.

With the thirty-ninth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

Sanu comes with a glowing recommendation from new QB coach Frank Cignetti. Cignetti used Sanu like a mad man at Rutgers. Sanu played RB, and QB in the wildcat while also obviously wide receiver. Sanu has ideal size 6-2 218. In my opinion he is going to grow and only get better as his NFL career moves on, and I think he has the potential to be one the best wide receiver to come out of this class. He has #1 WR ability. Paired with Colston, he won't have the pressures of immediately being the #1 WR on the offense, and can learn from a player with good character, and great success. Another plus on Sanus game, he is considered to be one of the best blocking WRs in the draft.

With the sixty-sixth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St. Louis Rams select: Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington

As of right now I think Ta'amu will be here when we pick, but things could change with a strong combine. He looked great in the senior bowl, and I think he could come in here and immediately be our run stuffing DT we need. He looks like a guy who also has a great motor for his size (6-3 341 lbs)

With the ninty-sixth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Chris Polk, RB, Washington

This will be the steal of the draft. Book it. His stock is slipping because of speed questions, but all concerns of mine were answered while watching him absolutely shred Baylor on the ground. If Washington stopped a nosebleed, Polk would have walked away with MVP honors during that game and not RGIII. Polk steps into an ideal situation here in St Louis. He gets to learn from one of the best of all-time, while building up his skill-set to step in in 2 or so years.

With the one-hundred-second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the St Louis Rams select: Ben Jones, OC, Georgia

Currently the #2 rated center behind only Peter Konz, Jones will step in and immediately become our starting center. He has good size at 6-3, 304. If he is off the board at this selection, I would have us consider another starting OC, Michael Brewster from Ohio St. But Jones is my guy. Drops back well pass blocking and always picks up the blitz up the middle, and apparently makes great line calls before the play.

Rounds 6 & 7 depth.

2012 St Louis Rams Depth Chart:
    QB- Sam Bradford/Kellen Clemens
    RB- Steven Jackson/Chris Polk
    FB- Draft Pick or Min signing
    WR- Marques Colston/Mohamed Sanu/Danny Amendola/Greg Salas/Danario Alexander
    TE- Lance Kendricks/Michael Hooman
    LT- Riley Reiff
    LG- Jason Brown
    C- Ben Jones
    RG- Harvey Dahl
    RT- Rodger Saffold
    LE- Robert Quinn/James Hall
    DT- Alameda Ta'amu/Justin Bannan/James Hall
    DT- Jason Jones/Justin Bannan/James Hall
    RE- Chris Long/James Hall
    SLB- Zach Brown
    MLB- James Laurinaitis
    WLB- Chris Chamberlain
    CB- Cortland Finnegan/Bradley Fletcher/Jerome Murphy/Josh Gordy
    FS- Quinten Mikell/Craig Dahl
    SS- Darian Stewart/Craig Dahl

Please provide thoughts. I think this is an outside the box way to look at the off-season, and something I think if the cap number is attainable, has a very good chance of happening.

Thanks for reading
    I like the way you spread the wealth within the draft, and a big effort is put into improving the physicality of the team. Free agent WR works for me too, although their not overly enticing players, for the money.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12