• 1 Post By THOLTFAN81
  • 1 Post By xkidflowx
  • 1 Post By HUbison
  • 1 Post By RAMarkable

Thread: THoltfan81s FINAL Mock Draft

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

THoltfan81s FINAL Mock Draft

One week away folks. Here is my final Rams Mock Draft:

With the sixth overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State.

Rams nation rejoices, with the exception of that writer for Turfshowtimes who tries to get a new article out everyday talking down Justin Blackmons skill-set. Rams get the #1 WR in the class, and the guy I would have wanted at the second overall pick. This man comes in and dominates from DAY ONE. I see Pro bowls in his future. Once again, a franchise WR dons #81.

With the thirty-third overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St Louis Rams select: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama.

I understand the worries, but I think this will be the steal of the draft. A top 15 talent at the top of round two, Fisher and Snead high five in excitement. He was bought in for a pre-draft visit as a way to gauge his character, and I am guessing they liked what they saw. He made a few mistakes smoking pot, but if you can find me five players in his shoes that don't I'll just say they havent been caught yet. In terms of the kids, Antonio Cromartie has had a fairly productive career including pro-bowls with much more kids than Mr. Jenkins. Lock-down corner. Welcome.

With the thirty-ninth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St Louis Rams select: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin.

Couple of weeks ago it would've been a near lock that Zeitler would be here at this spot, but there are more and more prognosticators that think he has a legit shot at being a first round pick. I ignore them and go with my gut. Said to be a mauler who will be a starter from day one, Fisher shores up the O-Line for his first year as head coach. Saffold/Zeitler/Wells/Dahl/Smith. Big things are in store for this revamped O-Line.

With the sixth-fifth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select: Alameda Ta'Amu, DT, Washington.

Alameda recently went on record saying the Rams would take him with one of their second round picks. Our response "Nah, Alameda, we will snag you with our third though." Alameda starts from day one next to Kendall Langford in a rotation with Trevor Laws. I think he could be a big time sleeper. He is a big boy to clog up the middle, and has unreached potential. Has drawn Haloti Ngata comparisons, though I think it is better to reserve such lofty expectations for a second-third round prospect.

With the ninty-sixth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St Louis Rams select: Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego State.

Rams had luck with the last SD State RB they drafted, though I can't seem to remember his name. Think it rhymed with Darshall Saulk? Anyways, Hilman has potential to develop into a nice runner. He broke a few of the aforementioned Saulk's records. Contrary to popular belief, I don't think SJax is breaking down. He is still 29, and very productive. I think drafting a RB before this spot would be a mistake. I think Hillman should be the #1 RB left when we pick, but if not then we should go with whatever runner is #1 on their board in this spot.

With the one-hundred-seventy-first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St Louis Rams select: Danny Trevathan, OLB, Kentucky.

A popular pick among Clanramers, I have boughten into the hype. I would love this pick. A very productive college player, he will come in and compete for a job from day one. I hope the Rams add a Rocky McIntosh or another OLB via Free Agency after the draft, but we shall see. Trevathan has sleeper written all over him if he keeps up the hard work.

With the two-hundred-ninth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St Louis Rams select: Brian Stahovich, P, San Diego State.

Rams need a punter, we worked him out, he's the top punter left. This is as much as I want to discuss about the selection of a Punter.

With the two-hundred-fifty-second pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the St Louis Rams select: Ronald Leary, OG, Memphis.

Will he make it to this pick? Probably not. But I mean this is the compensatory pick after all so I didn't feel like doing much analysis. I think there is atleast a chance he makes it here, and would be a solid pick for depth. Rams conducted a workout with him, and obviously like him.

Thanks for reading. Will appreciate comments, though I am sure many will disagree with my Janoris Jenkins pick among others

Go Rams. One more week folks, and we will have at a minimum eight new Rams. Lets go.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: THoltfan81s FINAL Mock Draft

I like it. Not sure about Jenkins since CB isnt the biggest of needs, but if we're willing to take Claiborne at #6, i suppose its only fitting we'd take a top 15 CB talent at #33. I have no real issues with this mock and like the players you chose. Nicely done man

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Just not feeling the Jenkins pick there. Otherwise, I like it.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Pretty decent draft, I wouldn't argue with it too much. One correction tho, the Rams traded for, but did not draft that star RB whose name rhyms with Darshall Saulk.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I like it. Not sure about Jenkins since CB isnt the biggest of needs, but if we're willing to take Claiborne at #6, i suppose its only fitting we'd take a top 15 CB talent at #33. I have no real issues with this mock and like the players you chose. Nicely done man
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Just not feeling the Jenkins pick there. Otherwise, I like it.
    Thanks for the input gents.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Pretty decent draft, I wouldn't argue with it too much. One correction tho, the Rams traded for, but did not draft that star RB whose name rhyms with Darshall Saulk.
    Correct my bad haha, just when filling out the mock everything kinda blends together but thanks for the reminder bro.

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

I love janoris Jenkins ... He's definitely a steal in. the 2nd
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I'll take it, but a couple of risky picks there in Jenkins (character) and Ta'amu (work ethic). Blackmon and Zeitler appear safe enough, but your first 3 rounds are very boom-or-bust with the other two.

Love the Trevathan pick. I truly believe he is the steal of the 3rd day.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Great job, THolt. If the Rams draft came to this I would be pretty happy; though I would have more than a little odjeda (Italian word for anxious) over the Jenkins pick.

FYI dept. We did not actually draft Darshall Saulk but got him in a trade with Indianapolis.

And is "boughten" actually a word? But no matter we all get what you are trying to say!

WHAT SAY YE?
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Actually we didn't draft Faulk, we traded for him, but nevertheless this draft is highly unlikely.