THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

THOLTFAN81's Mock Draft 2.0

With the first overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select:

Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Oklahoma
    While I am all about us trading for Michael Vick, I just foresee this as the year that we finally obtain our FRANCHISE quarterback, and quarterback of the future. Bradford can make all the passes, and I love the size he reported in at the combine 6'4 236. Gained 15 pounds of solid muscle. That really impressed me, all comes down to his pro day now.

With the thirty third overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select:

Dan Williams, Defensive Tackle, Tennessee
    This guy is really athletic, great run defender, great tackler, just an all around great player. He's no Suh...but I will certainly be happy to get him.

With the sixty fifth overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select:

Mike Williams, Wide Receiver, Syracuse
    I would go absolutely crazy if we are lucky to get him in Round three. Really glad to read earlier that we are one of two teams to interview him so far, and he has been practicing some with Sam Bradford. Great size, great hands, great speed. This guy has it all...only thing holding him back are the question marks surrounding his character.

With the ninety sixth overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select:

Dorin Dickerson, Tight End, Pittsburgh
    Watched this guy at the combine today and loved what I saw. Nice height, good hands, and 4.4 speed. Seems to me like this guy could be a great possession receiver in the NFL.

With the one hundred twenty seventh overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select:

Thaddeus Gibson, Linebacker, Ohio State
    Rangy, physical defender who has the ability to make tackles sideline to sideline … converted linebacker who delivered quite an impact in 2008 … plenty of big-play potential

With the one hundred forty ninth overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft the St. Louis Rams select:

Crezdon Butler, Cornerback, Clemson
    Great corner, good height. I really like this kid and think he could become something in the NFL.

6th round- Special Teams/Defense depth

7th round- Special Teams/Defense depth

7th round- Special Teams/Defense depth
    Last edited by THOLTFAN81; -02-27-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: forgot to add

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: THOLTFAN81's Mock Draft 2.0

I think I have a better chance of being drafted than Dan Williams does slipping to the second round. I'm also not sure Mike Williams is going to fit the character profile this team is looking for. Other than that, not bad. Still prefer Suh first, but Bradford is a legit possibility.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm also not sure Mike Williams is going to fit the character profile this team is looking for.
    From yahoo sports article regarding Mike Williams:
    He said he has scheduled a meeting with the Baltimore Ravens, but has yet to meet with the Buffalo Bills. He has also met with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the St. Louis Rams.
    So clearly there is some interest. I am definitely a fan of grabbing this guy.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Dont take it the wrong way but NO!

The rams run a 4-3 D and they need there DTs to get a pass rush so we need a pass rushing DT. Ryan is good at getting penetration in the run game

Mike Williams is not a 4 pillar guy. And you did touch on the interview Williams had with the Rams but judging by the way he addressed the press i think he interviewed his way completely off the rams draft board.

What's the difference between Dorin Dickerson and Dan fells? Both fast TE that shine at times but nowhere near consistent.

And we dont need a 3-4 LB/DE hybrid we run a 4-3

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    From yahoo sports article regarding Mike Williams:

So clearly there is some interest. I am definitely a fan of grabbing this guy.
    Except I didn't say they weren't or wouldn't be interested. I simply said I'm not sure Williams fits their character profile this team is looking for. In order to determine if he does, they're probably going to want to meet with him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!