Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Thomas: DT Jones leaves St. Louis, heads to Seattle

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: DL Jones close to signing deal with Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Just so everyone knows.....

Jones is looking to move back to DE....
    Yeah thats a typo being reported around the web. Its claiming he played DT last year after playing his whole career as a DE, and wants to move back to DE...

Whereas his whole career he was a DT, before playing DE last year, not having as much success, and wanting to move back to DT.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    That sounds like good news for us

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SLSG View Post
    I have a feeling after the Rams sign him, they will be looking at one of the 1st round DT's at the draft. A run stuffing DT is a HUGE need. Cox, Poe or Brockers. After a trade down though.
    Depending on how the pro days go, we might not be able to go much further down to get our choice between those three. Poe blew up the combine and Brockers has had the potential meter topping out for scouts. Any of the three could be legitimate targets at #6 depending on the rest of FA.
    I believe!

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

don't lol but I heard Hansworth is been talking to fisher , I could believe it , but the only coach that made him the 100mil dollar player was Fisher , He never liked the 3-4 D he was always best in the 4-3 , your thoughts ??? lol

If he played like he did while with fisher in Tenn he would be be a great run killer ???

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OldRamsfan View Post
    don't lol but I heard Hansworth is been talking to fisher , I could believe it , but the only coach that made him the 100mil dollar player was Fisher , He never liked the 3-4 D he was always best in the 4-3 , your thoughts ??? lol

If he played like he did while with fisher in Tenn he would be be a great run killer ???
    I wouldnt mind if we got Haynesworth for the cheap.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I would only sign Haynesworth on the cheap, and as a depth player. He should not be viewed as a starter. If he turns into one, great, but his recent years haven't shown much.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I gotta' be honest. For every good move involving the Rams over the past couple of months, there have also been an equal number of alarming moves, developments and speculations. We get Gregg Williams, a respected defensive coach. We then find out he's in potentially big trouble for running a bounty system at previous stops. This immediately casts us in a bad light for hiring the guy and potentially compromises our defense for the coming season. We cut Bartell- a productive player if healthy and a good citizen. We sign Cortland Finnegan- a decent player (but hardly the re-incarnate of Ronnie Lott as some would have you believe) and a guy of questionable ethics on the football field. Rumors about Moss (He'll do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in SF- you can bet the farm on it), rumors about Haynesworth (The guy has worn out his welcome in several spots and New England couldn't do anything with him- why would we bother??).

I want us to be a physical, tough team that is respected. I DO NOT want us to be a team of cheap shot artists with a target on our backs (and Sam's back) from opposing players and referees. I want us to be successful. I DO NOT want us to win with players I can't feel good about rooting for. I want us to upgrade our roster with good draft picks and a couple of free agents who can help us. I DO NOT want to hear about us being linked to every moron, malcontent and ***hole that becomes available because he's had problems elsewhere just because we need talent. That isn't how you build a winner.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    there have also been an equal number of alarming moves, developments and speculations.
    Sorry to disagree but my "Pro" list is way, way longer than my "Con" list at this point... but then maybe it's because I don't count rumors. : )

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I gotta' be honest. For every good move involving the Rams over the past couple of months, there have also been an equal number of alarming moves, developments and speculations. We get Gregg Williams, a respected defensive coach. We then find out he's in potentially big trouble for running a bounty system at previous stops. This immediately casts us in a bad light for hiring the guy and potentially compromises our defense for the coming season. We cut Bartell- a productive player if healthy and a good citizen. We sign Cortland Finnegan- a decent player (but hardly the re-incarnate of Ronnie Lott as some would have you believe) and a guy of questionable ethics on the football field. Rumors about Moss (He'll do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in SF- you can bet the farm on it), rumors about Haynesworth (The guy has worn out his welcome in several spots and New England couldn't do anything with him- why would we bother??).

I want us to be a physical, tough team that is respected. I DO NOT want us to be a team of cheap shot artists with a target on our backs (and Sam's back) from opposing players and referees. I want us to be successful. I DO NOT want us to win with players I can't feel good about rooting for. I want us to upgrade our roster with good draft picks and a couple of free agents who can help us. I DO NOT want to hear about us being linked to every moron, malcontent and ***hole that becomes available because he's had problems elsewhere just because we need talent. That isn't how you build a winner.
    Hiring Greg Williams doesnt put us in a bad light, i haven't read anywhere saying bad about the Rams because of his hire. All iv'e seen is the Saints, Skins and Bill's being put in a bad light.OK, you say Bartell is a good citizen, is Finnegan not? Just because he gets inside wr's minds and creates penalties at times doesn't mean he has questionable ethics. W went out and got the best FA CB on the market. If Fisher believes Haynesworth can be beneficial to the team then im going to trust his judgment.

I can see not liking Haynesworth but not rooting for players brought in because of past concerns isn't the way to go. Were not linked to every ***hole available. Im sure Fishead plan to use the draft to build this team, hence the huge haul we got for trading our #2.

I'm going to root for Finnegan because he's a good cb and i want him to do good, if we brought Haynesorth in i'd root for Fisher to bring the old player back out of him.

I do see your points, and don't think much good came from the williams scandal, but it hasnt really effected us. He might be suspended but will return.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Balzer: Rams may complete deal with DT Jones tonight

Although Finnegan may not be a 4 pillars guy I still love the signing. Our teams needs an identity. "Nasty Defense", I like! Not to mention he should be able to help the rest of our defensive players adjust and understand what coach Fisher expects from them.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

PacFish is offline Registered User

If we can get Haynesworth for the vet minimum then brilliant. Give him an incentive based deal and if he stinks it out we can get rid. If he returns to the dominant force he was under Fisher at Tennessee then we would have an absolute bargain. Roll the dice I say.

I like the Finnegan pickup. We badly needed help in the secondary. Feel for Bartell but he's too big of a risk to bring back on the salary he was on after that injury last season, hopefully we can bring him back on the cheap. I worry about Fletcher. He's now blown out both knees (I think it's both, could well be the same one twice) so there are major question marks over him as well. Still need another CB for me to be happy.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

We cut Bartell- a productive player if healthy and a good citizen. We sign Cortland Finnegan- a decent player (but hardly the re-incarnate of Ronnie Lott as some would have you believe) and a guy of questionable ethics on the football field.
    Your post seems to suggest that Cortland Finnegan isn't a good citizen. I don't remember hearing any bad things about Finnegan off the field, and in fact have only heard good things.

The guy plays hard on the field, and gets some penalties. But that doesn't make him a bad person.

Also, Bartell productive? I've had the same amount of interceptions for the Rams as Bartell has had for the Rams over the past three years. Zero.
    Nick likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think you are reaching a bit here... Cortland Finnegan is one of the best CB in the NFL and was the best available CB in FA... for a guy that wants to win now I'm kind of surprised you don't like this addition. If you ripped him for be overrated and a bit to small to match up in the west I might get that. But to say he's not Ronnie Lott, well he's closer to being Lott then Bartell. he's got the swagger that's for sure.

As far Gregg Williams the Rams hired one of the best DC in the NFL, and if we had a clue about what was going on I'm sure the Rams would have taken a pass. Lets see what the leagues does to Williams and then see how the Rams respond to it in regards to Williams. I fall in the minority on this Bounty I think it's wrong no doubt but I also think it's being blown out of proportion. I just can't buy that a professional football player would try and hurt another player for a bounty of $1500 bucks or whatever the pool was.. I think it was something that most teams do and that is a side pool of cash for making plays... the Saints made a huge miscalculation on including if a player that is knock out of a game as a result of a big hit. Why would any player risk a fine of $25000 to win a side pool for $1500 just does not add up. Don't get me wrong I'm not thrilled this has happen or was going on and I'm not happy the Rams are being mentioned period but we have done nothing wrong.

The Rams have stunk for a long time with players we all like, times are surely changing there will be more players cut that we all like before we get out of camp.
    tomahawk247 and berg8309 like this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think you are reaching a bit here... Cortland Finnegan is one of the best CB in the NFL and was the best available CB in FA... for a guy that wants to win now I'm kind of surprised you don't like this addition. If you ripped him for be overrated and a bit to small to match up in the west I might get that. But to say he's not Ronnie Lott, well he's closer to being Lott then Bartell. he's got the swagger that's for sure.

As far Gregg Williams the Rams hired one of the best DC in the NFL, and if we had a clue about what was going on I'm sure the Rams would have taken a pass. Lets see what the leagues does to Williams and then see how the Rams respond to it in regards to Williams. I fall in the minority on this Bounty I think it's wrong no doubt but I also think it's being blown out of proportion. I just can't buy that a professional football player would try and hurt another player for a bounty of $1500 bucks or whatever the pool was.. I think it was something that most teams do and that is a side pool of cash for making plays... the Saints made a huge miscalculation on including if a player that is knock out of a game as a result of a big hit. Why would any player risk a fine of $25000 to win a side pool for $1500 just does not add up. Don't get me wrong I'm not thrilled this has happen or was going on and I'm not happy the Rams are being mentioned period but we have done nothing wrong.

The Rams have stunk for a long time with players we all like, times are surely changing there will be more players cut that we all like before we get out of camp.
    Well said. You know when the St. Louis Blues were sitting last in the league on a consistent basis, fans would get outraged every time a player was moved, especially ones that had been there a while. Simple fact of the matter is, those players were part of the reason the Blues were in last place. Sometimes you just need to turn the roster over.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher has confirmed that the Rams are negotiating with DT Jason Jones and hope to have a deal done soon.

https://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/sta...60696073748480
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast