Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Thomas: DT Jones leaves St. Louis, heads to Seattle

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Update: League source says DT Jones will leave STL for scheduled trip to SEA

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Terry McCormick is a Titans beat writer, and is citing a source that says Jones will in fact leave St. Louis and make his scheduled trip to Seattle.

https://twitter.com/#!/terrymc13/sta...48917780631552
    Bummer... the draft is deep with DT... that being said I really wanted this deal to get done.. it still might.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: League source says DT Jones will leave St. Louis to make scheduled trip to Seattl

Jones is the player I most wanted the Rams to target in Free Agency. If he goes to Seattle I'll look forward to seeing him mauled by Harvey Dahl twice a year.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: League source says DT Jones will leave St. Louis to make scheduled trip to Seattl

The interesting thing about this is that the Seahawks run a 3-4, which means Jones would be a DE, whereas he'd be a DT in a 4-3 for the Rams.

So, apart from money, which is obviously a motivating factor, his choice may be maded based upon his preferred system/position.

richtree is offline Registered User

yeah, I think he won't want to play 3-4 DE either...hopefully he will just use them to push price up a few nickels....

Winston's second stop is the Lou I believe !

Rambos is offline Registered User

Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1

DL Jason Jones having fun tonight in Stl: dinner w/new Rams CB & former Titans teammate Cortland Finnegan. But Jones still may visit Seattle

Close him Cortland!

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Jim Thomas ‏ @jthom1

DL Jason Jones having fun tonight in Stl: dinner w/new Rams CB & former Titans teammate Cortland Finnegan. But Jones still may visit Seattle

Close him Cortland!

Lock it down so Winston is next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Lock it down so Winston is next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Courtland you are not a CB tonight, tonight you ARE A SALESMAN!! CLOSE HIM TONIGHT!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I've read the Seahawks still incorporate a fair share of one-gap assignments in that hybrid defense, so Jones could fit in better than one may initially think.

With Mebane on the nose and Bryant as the strong side 5-tech defensive end, Jones could fit into that weak side DE/DT role that Alan Branch (I believe) currently occupies, with Clemons rushing from the edge.

Having said that, I think the Rams would have to get the advantage when it comes to defensive scheme due to the more traditional 4-3 that they're going to run under Fisher, and it sounds like Jones's preference is to play defensive tackle.

It'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall of his meeting with Seattle (if he makes it; I'm glad to hear he's still in St. Louis enjoying a night with Cortland, hopefully Finnegan doesn't allow him to get to the airport) to see how Carroll pitches Jones's role in the defense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I've read the Seahawks still incorporate a fair share of one-gap assignments in that hybrid defense, so Jones could fit in better than one may initially think.
    Yep. They play both 4-3 and 3-4 depending on the situation. Jones may like the idea of playing in a fluid situation like that where he has multiple duties.

Jones has officially left St. Louis and is on his way to Seattle, according to Jim Thomas. And to think this was nearly a done deal Tuesday night.

https://twitter.com/#!/jthom1/status/180325431801679872

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Balzer: Rams may complete deal with DT Jones tonight

NFL Free Agents: Rams Expect Jason Jones' Decision By Monday
    By Ryan V Bibber S/B

Free agent defensive tackle Jason Jones left St. Louis on Thursday morning. His next destination: Seattle, where he will visit with the Seahawks. Jones left town without an agreement with the Rams, but is was not for a lack of trying on the Rams' part.

Cortland Finnegan, who the Rams signed earlier in the week, took Jones out to eat on Wednesday night, trying to convince his former teammate in Tennessee to follow him to St. Louis, where Finnegan promised something special was happening.

"There's just such an upswing in things we can do here and you have the building blocks and the pieces and I'd love to see this thing take off," Finnegan said. "That's where I'm at, that's what I told him [Jones] and he knows that."

Finngan's sincerity was part of a two-pronged effort, as the Rams continued dialog with Jones' agent. General manager Les Snead said that Jones was expected to make a decision soon.

"We're still talking with his representation," Snead said. "He will leave here and go make a decision and from there we should know relatively soon, at least probably through the weekend or into Monday."

Jones was said to still be mulling an offer from the Titans as well.
    Last edited by eldfan; -03-15-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    :ramlogo:

ShaneFalco Guest

Re: Thomas: DT Jones leaves St. Louis, heads to Seattle

Fisher is a great coach, he really is changing this franchise back to winning ways. I believe he will do everything within the realm of reasonable to get him!

RuffRams is offline Registered User

I wonder if Jason is already a Ram and he is just going to the Seahawks camp to get some insider info

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I wonder if Jason is already a Ram and he is just going to the Seahawks camp to get some insider info
    You know, I would not be surprised if Cortland Finnegan helped hatch this scheme with Jones during their dinner before Jones left for Seattle.
    RuffRams likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

You know, I would not be surprised if Cortland Finnegan helped hatch this scheme with Jones during their dinner before Jones left for Seattle.
    Exactly, and I'm sure Fisher "knows" nothing about it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234