Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The thought of the dog killer's name on this forum makes me sick ...

Is there anyway we can get "Vick" to show up censored like we do with the *****?

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: The thought of the dog killer's name on this forum makes me sick ...

Won't happen, but it'd be nice.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

you guys are awful sensitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A-Web is offline Registered User

As funny as it is that people consider some of these words "taboo", I find it rather freaking annoying that people designate words into ***** on this forum. It has at times, and will in the future just make everyone wonder "WTF am I reading?".

I have several times just wondered what the heck someone wrote because of this auto censorship. It is annoying, and in all honesty, quite childish and unnecessary. When I have to come up with wierd ways to write the 4nine3RS, just to get the name in the page without censors, I have to say it is complete BS.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I am posting in a Michael Vick thread.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Maybe Leonard Little's name should be asterisked too.

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Not even remotely the same thing FM.

If you do not see the difference between someone who made a horrible mistake with disastrous results, (and who incidentally got off way lighter than he should have), and someone who repeatedly took pleasure in torturing another sentinent being, and in different ways, (and who was probably punished more severely than he should have been), then all I can say is this.

The guy's got serious problems, and should be asterisked.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Yea, you know, that Michael Vick, he just kept making the same mistake over and over and over again ...

And would still be making it today had he not been caught ...

But it's just dogs right?

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Yea, you know, that Michael Vick, he just kept making the same mistake over and over and over again ...

Yeah well he got caught, made a public apology, did his time, didnt make any mistakes when he was in the slammer, and is now trying to put his life back in order. If you would prefer he pay the price even more then that to me doesnt make you any better.

He's not a murderer, rapist, or a member of a terrorist organization. He got involved in a group who mistreats animals and was used as an example because he is a celebrity that gambling greed got a hold of.

Just look at the NFL, they used this guy to sell tickets with big TV ratings and also told him that he needs to be a roll model for our children, sell the NFL to our wonderful viewers, then makes a mistake and BAAAM!!! dropped him like a rock. Even that owner of the Atlanta Falcons. He was sooo happy when they were winning, walking down to the field during games with his big grin loving MICHAEL VICK for everything that he is doing...BAAAM!!! dropped him like a rock also. The NFL showed no support at all for this guy whatsoever. They left him out to dry like he was a piece of crap. But at the same time the NFL got their coverage during Mikes downfall. Even his friends, and teammates, what a bunch of fakes. MICHAEL VICK!!!was all alone with the exception of his family and his blood sucking attourney's. And for that i am rooting for him to make a full recovery back in to the NFL and to be given the chance to wreak havoc on the Atlanta Falcons every single time they play.

Get used to his name being printed everywhere bud. Bause if MICHAEL VICK makes it big again,the NFL will be all over his back and they'll push everything aside like they always do.

dont hate MICHAEL VICK for what he did because i think he learned from his mistake. But do hate the NFL for what they did to MICHAEL VICK because i know they'll do it again and again and again. I've said it before and i'll say it once more...I'm not a fan of the NFL, I'm a fan of the St. Louis Rams.

. ---------->

_____ :-)

That is the point going over Guam Rammer's head ...

My post had nothing to do with Vick repaying his dues. He should be able to re-enter society and work that is his right ...

However, the thought of him sickens me, and the thought of him playing for the Rams almost makes me want to vomit ...

My post was for those comparing Vick to Leonard Little ...

Little made a huge mistake, he was drinking and driving. That is something many on this board have done at some time in their lives, some more than others ...

The difference between us and Little, is he ACCIDENTALLY killed somebody. To my knowledge, he hasn't followed up by killing others in a drunken rage ...

Vick killed innocent animals OVER and OVER and OVER again, and would have done so probably for a long time if he hadn't been caught. Seriously, what is a multi-millionaire football player doing getting involved in a dog fighting ring that generates chump change? He's simply an idiot and a sick human being, nothing more ...

Will he dog fight again? Probably not. Is he a different person? Judging by some of his encounters with the judges, doubtful. Most people don't change, and I definitely don't see an athlete of this caliber doing so. Let him back in the limelight and it won't take him long to think he's invincible again ...

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Michael Vick is not part of the Rams' organization, so I moved this thread to NFL Talk [edit: I'll actually move this again to the FA/Draft forum since Vick isn't even in the NFL]. The only reason Vick has been brought up seriously amongst Rams fans is because one writer said "they should not be taken out of consideration as a landing place" for Vick, which is pretty weak. Unless any team has said straight-up that they will not take Vick, you could say the same thing for them.

Just like the speculation on the Rams being sold or Favre going to the Vikings: Borrrring... let me know when something actually happens.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    As funny as it is that people consider some of these words "taboo", I find it rather freaking annoying that people designate words into ***** on this forum. It has at times, and will in the future just make everyone wonder "WTF am I reading?".

I have several times just wondered what the heck someone wrote because of this auto censorship. It is annoying, and in all honesty, quite childish and unnecessary. When I have to come up with wierd ways to write the 4nine3RS, just to get the name in the page without censors, I have to say it is complete BS.
    BTW, although I know the question about Vick's name being censored was tongue-in-cheek... there are many other players we'd have to go through first. We'd have to censor any talk about Rae Carruth, O.J. Simpson, Mark Chmura, Donté Stallworth, Travis Henry, Matt Jones, Ryan Leaf, Nate Newton, etc. etc.

The Forty-Niners are the only non-cuss word censored on this forum as far as I know, and it was meant as a joke. If you don't like it, stop talking about them.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

I'm not saying 'it's just dogs', though I do think a human life is worth more than a dogs, yeah, I'd expect most human beings of sane mind to think the same.

Don't make excuses for Little, oh it was an accident, there is nothing accidental about getting behind the wheel of a car when drunk, that's a conscious choice, and it had a fatal consequence. Now Little has served the punishment and been allowed to get on with his life, and that's all good, whether I thought the sentence was light or not. Vick too, has done his time, and deserves a chance to work again, and how much he gets paid for that work is irrelavent.

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMcNasty View Post
    I'm not saying 'it's just dogs', though I do think a human life is worth more than a dogs, yeah, I'd expect most human beings of sane mind to think the same.

Don't make excuses for Little, oh it was an accident, there is nothing accidental about getting behind the wheel of a car when drunk, that's a conscious choice, and it had a fatal consequence. Now Little has served the punishment and been allowed to get on with his life, and that's all good, whether I thought the sentence was light or not. Vick too, has done his time, and deserves a chance to work again, and how much he gets paid for that work is irrelavent.
    So, anybody on this forum, or anywhere else, who has gotten behind the wheel drunk and was lucky enough NOT to kill someone is a better person than Little?

Because Little killed someone, and the majority of those who drive drunk do not, does not make them ANY better ....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

So, anybody on this forum, or anywhere else, who has gotten behind the wheel drunk and was lucky enough NOT to kill someone is a better person than Little?

Because Little killed someone, and the majority of those who drive drunk do not, does not make them ANY better ....
    If I put myself in Leonard Little's shoes? I'd be carrying around what I "accidently" did for the rest of my life. Now I can't speak for Little but I do know how most people including myself would be internally tortured by such a devastating loss. Both of a human life and all the people it has affected because of my stupidity.

I don't think Michael Vick is carrying around any remorse for the dogs that have been put to rest by him or his buddies. I'm guessing the dogs were just numbers in their minds. I am an animal lover and just can't fathom the cruelty the dogs had to deal with until their ultimate demise.

Bottom line is that both men are guilty as charged I just don't know if it's a fair comparison?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast