Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram

Thread: Thought on a trade down: Rams must predict potential trade teams win/loss next year.

FestusRam is online now Registered User

Thought on a trade down: Rams must predict potential trade teams win/loss next year.

Many reports have been that a deal, whether its with the browns, skins, or another suitor, will involved 2013 picks as well.If this is the case we need to research the current situation and shape of each team. While its much to early to have a solid predictions, you can have some sort of a foundation. The team we trade withs record will be crucial for next years draft. Look how much were reportedly being offered to swap 2 and 4 spots away! With that said, if deals are similar i think the idea of taking the teams in a much weaker state could be a tipping pointFor example lets say Redskins offer(excluding 2012 picks in both cases) 2013 1st and 2ndThe browns of 2013 1st and 2ndRedskins 8-8Browns 5-11If we trade to the Skins, we may of lost several spots.While acquiring RG3 will undoubtedlygive a team more potential, the Rams staff needs to decide who will have the worst year. Cam Newton blazed the stage his rookie year and the team was still mediocre. I expect this to happen to RG3 and his team. If i had to choose, i'd say take the Browns deal. Were guaranteed Blackmon and the Browns wouldnt be as good as the Skins with RG3, IMO.
    Last edited by FestusRam; -03-01-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Thought on a trade down: Rams must predict potential trade teams win/loss next ye

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Many reports have been that a deal, whether its with the browns, skins, or another suitor, will involved 2013 picks as well.If this is the case we need to research the current situation and shape of each team. While its much to early to have a solid predictions, you can have some sort of a foundation. The team we trade withs record will be crucial for next years draft. Look how much were reportedly being offered to swap 2 and 4 spots away! With that said, if deals are similar i think the idea of taking the teams in a much weaker state could be a tipping pointFor example lets say Redskins offer(excluding 2012 picks in both cases) 2013 1st and 2ndThe browns of 2013 1st and 2ndRedskins 8-8Browns 5-11If we trade to the Skins, we may of lost several spots.While acquiring RG3 will undoubtedlygive a team more potential, the Rams staff needs to decide who will have the worst year. Cam Newton blazed the stage his rookie year and the team was still mediocre. I expect this to happen to RG3 and his team. If i had to choose, i'd say take the Browns deal. Were guaranteed Blackmon and the Browns wouldnt be as good as the Skins with RG3, IMO.
    Another major factor to look at is the division. Brown face the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens. Those are 3 playoff teams. Skins face the cowpokes, eagles and Giants. The skins have an easier time winning against there division then the Browns do.

I agree with your thoughts, as i have been thinking about that as well. Im sure the Rams FO and coaches and everyone there is looking at every aspect that comes with a trade with team A, B, C and so on.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Thought on a trade down: Rams must predict potential trade teams win/loss next ye

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Another major factor to look at is the division. Brown face the Bengals, Steelers and Ravens. Those are 3 playoff teams. Skins face the cowpokes, eagles and Giants. The skins have an easier time winning against there division then the Browns do.
    Further to that point, I'm sure strength of schedule will be considered. The browns could go 5-11 playing division opponents who could all go minimum 9-7, likely higher. The redskins could go 5-11 with an easier SOS.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Further to that point, I'm sure strength of schedule will be considered. The browns could go 5-11 playing division opponents who could all go minimum 9-7, likely higher. The redskins could go 5-11 with an easier SOS.
    true, but the skins could go higher as well. Its a crap shoot. But id put my money on the Browns doing worse and not making the playoffs over the Skins.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't expect either of those teams to do very well next year. Neither team has had a winning season since 2007. The Redskins have had slightly better records, but I don't think they have the weapons on offense to make a big leap forward in 2012.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

I hope Rams trade with Browns (2012 RD 1-#4, RD 2-#37 and 2013 RD1 and RD3).

I would also like Rams to trade down again from #4 slot. To a team needing to move ahead of Bucs. and Redskins. I would not want to trade past Eagles at #15.

It is my feeling Rams need to fix O-line first. Keep Bradford upright. OT Jonathon Martin or OT Mike Adams. Some reason not a fan of OT Riely Reif.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shan the Ram Man View Post
    I hope Rams trade with Browns (2012 RD 1-#4, RD 2-#37 and 2013 RD1 and RD3).

I would also like Rams to trade down again from #4 slot. To a team needing to move ahead of Bucs. and Redskins. I would not want to trade past Eagles at #15.

It is my feeling Rams need to fix O-line first. Keep Bradford upright. OT Jonathon Martin or OT Mike Adams. Some reason not a fan of OT Riely Reif.
    No way can we pass up the opportunity to get Blackmon or Claiborne if we are sitting at 1.4, with the bonus picks we'd already have.