Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Three possible trade partners (per the Trade Value Chart)

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Three possible trade partners (per the Trade Value Chart)

I took a look at the current draft order in conjunction with the Trade Value Chart (TVC) and found three plausible trade partners (assuming the draft order were to remain the same). I considered two factors: (1) TVC values w/in 100 points of the TVC value of the Rams current pick (No. 3 overall: 2,200 points), and (2) logical basis for both teams to consider the trade.

Here are three I came up with:

Miami Dolphins
    Miami would give the Rams the 9th (1,400), 40th (500) and 72nd (230) picks in the draft (Total TVC Value 2,130) for the Rams' pick. Miami's motive would be to have a shot at either RG3 or Barkley as their QB of the future. The Rams would likely lose their chance at drafting Blackmon or Kalil, but could use the 9th pick for a quality OT (Martin) or WR (Floyd, Jeffrey), while picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Washington Redskins
    Washington would give the Rams the 7th (1,500), 42nd (480) and 73rd (225) picks in the draft (Total TVC value 2,205) for the Rams' pick. The motivations would be the same as with the Dolphins trade: the Redskins get a QB, the Rams get more picks to build with.

Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia would give the Rams the 11th pick (1,250), and their two second round picks, No. 43 (460) and 44 (450) (Total TVC Value 2,160). The Eagles could select a QB of the future (assuming their not sold on Vince Young as Vick's successor), and also could have interest in an OT (Kalil). The Rams would drop in the first, but would have three second round picks to build with.

So...

Do you like any of these trades?

Do you think the other teams would like them?

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

Re: Three possible trade partners (per the Trade Value Chart)

How about the Cleveland Browns? They haven't had a QB worth a spit since Bernie Kosar and they aren't going anywhere fast with Colt McCoy.

Factor in that they have TWO first round picks and they just might be the trading partner we are looking for.

I truly believe that Mike Holmgren will absolutely do anything to get a franchise QB this offseason. He is in his third year and has got to be sick and tired of watching the Jake Delhomme and Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace's of this league run his team into the ground.

WHAT SAY YE?
    jkramsfan and THOLTFAN81 like this.

richtree is offline Registered User

I like the idea of the Eagles because we could possible get a CB in the deal ...Asante?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind dropping back. All 3 seem like reasonable deals. If we dropped back I'd very much consider taking Michael Floyd, Jonathon Martin, Morris Claiborne, Dre' Kirkpatrick, and Trent Richardson.

I guess we will see what happens.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    How about the Cleveland Browns? They haven't had a QB worth a spit since Bernie Kosar and they aren't going anywhere fast with Colt McCoy.

Factor in that they have TWO first round picks and they just might be the trading partner we are looking for.

I truly believe that Mike Holmgren will absolutely do anything to get a franchise QB this offseason. He is in his third year and has got to be sick and tired of watching the Jake Delhomme and Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace's of this league run his team into the ground.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Right now, the Browns have the 5th pick in the draft. I seriously doubt that they would give up another first round pick to move up two spots.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    I like the idea of the Eagles because we could possible get a CB in the deal ...Asante?
    Love that idea of getting Asante in the deal.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Love that idea of getting Asante in the deal.
    Whats up with people and Asante? The guys trash. Do you guys watch football or just follow stats? Samuel and the rest of his secondary have allowed the most TD's for years.. Why do you think they payed Nnamdi $80 million and traded for DRC and then shopped Asante..when no-one bit (teams actually have a clue and watch film) they had to keep him.

The guy gets burnt more than any CB in the league. Sure he'll get you 6 picks a year, he'll also allow 15 TD's that year.

I wouldn't trade a 4th for Samuel. Guys beyond trash. Justin King > Asante Samuel

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Whats up with people and Asante? The guys trash. Do you guys watch football or just follow stats? Samuel and the rest of his secondary have allowed the most TD's for years.. Why do you think they payed Nnamdi $80 million and traded for DRC and then shopped Asante..when no-one bit (teams actually have a clue and watch film) they had to keep him.

The guy gets burnt more than any CB in the league. Sure he'll get you 6 picks a year, he'll also allow 15 TD's that year.

I wouldn't trade a 4th for Samuel. Guys beyond trash. Justin King > Asante Samuel
    I completely agree with everything you said but the bolded part...Justin King is Asante Samuel without the picks but yes i think samuel plays too aggressive for his talent level we are going to always have to have a Safety playing behind him the guy cannot cover he can only make picks.

However i don't think we should think about a trade down scenario this draft has 2 cant miss prospects (luck and Khalil) and 2 top tier playmakers (Blackmon and Claiborne) our team needs playmakers so we cannot leave the draft without one of those 2...I actually think we should trade back inside the bottom of the 1st and pick up one of better inside lineman like David Decastro or Cordy Glenn

EDIT: Also there is a big drop off from Blackmon to Floyd/Jeffey

Floyd has had his share of injuries in college and i dont think i can go through another injury prone WR i would compare him to Danario Alexander...When alexander is healthy (rarely) we have seen what he can do but it only happens 2-3 times a year. I just dont know about jeffery with his weight gain i need to see him in his draft process...but both these guys cannot say they are as consistant as blackmon this guy just cannot stop catching TD passes
    Last edited by BarronWade; -12-22-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Well Matt Barkley just made it a little more difficult, by staying at SC. Now we'll need Minnesota to win one of it's two remaining games. We'll see how dedicated they are.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Well Matt Barkley just made it a little more difficult, by staying at SC. Now we'll need Minnesota to win one of it's two remaining games. We'll see how dedicated they are.
    You know, I wonder if Barkley staying at USC might help the Rams. It makes RG3 and Landry Jones that much more valuable to teams in desperate need of a QB. One of their options stayed in school, so the battle for the others might just benefit us.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    You know, I wonder if Barkley staying at USC might help the Rams. It makes RG3 and Landry Jones that much more valuable to teams in desperate need of a QB. One of their options stayed in school, so the battle for the others might just benefit us.

I hadn't thought of it that way, you may be right. I was thinking it would take the Barkley suitors out of the running, but who knows it may just work out better for us.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    I hadn't thought of it that way, you may be right. I was thinking it would take the Barkley suitors out of the running, but who knows it may just work out better for us.
    Could work out both ways. Lets hope come draft day RG3 and Jones stock is high.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think RG3 draft stock will rise, after he lights up the combine with his speed... and looking at what Cam just did. he stock will be white hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think RG3 draft stock will rise, after he lights up the combine with his speed... and looking at what Cam just did. he stock will be white hot.
    Agreed, and I believe he's faster than Cam, and a better passer than Cam was coming out of college.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Great thread AV and interesting to see the trade values you indicate. I'd take these options to fill in picks in rounds 2 & 3 which is where teams like the Patriots have made their drafts of late. As much as I hate to lose the chance at Blackmon, adding other quality players can hasten our road back to the playoffs. I would add that QB's aren't the only ones teams may trade-up for. What about Trent Richardson? Cleveland has their sights on him, but what about another team like Cincy who has multiple round 1 picks making a move for him as Cedric Benson is close to retiring. Think about Cincy's offense with Dalton, Green, Gresham and Richardson, scary if you ask me.

Go Rams!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast