throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Three possible trade partners (per the Trade Value Chart)

Harry S. Truman Guest

Re: Three possible trade partners (per the Trade Value Chart)

Samuel is garbage. I have no interest in seeing the Rams get him as part of a trade package.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

I could see Wash making that move forsure. They need a QB badly, and Synder is known to try and make big moves.

I'd love it for us. We could get Floyd, or possibly even Blackmon still(though I think Jac would take him). An extra 2nd and 3rd would be huge for our rebuilding project.
    Last edited by md8; -01-01-2012 at 04:30 PM.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Philly has a franchise LT in Jason Peters I don't see them trading up for another LT. Phily trading up for their QB of the future when they have Vick and are fine with Kafka as backup doesn't make alot of sense either when they have huge holes at LB and Safety

Pat Shurmur has already made some comments about RGIII I could see them giving uo their second and later picks for RGIII Colt McCoy doesn't look like the franchise guy.

When it comes to most likely trading partners 1. Redskins 2. Dolphins 3. Browns.

How likely is a trade in general? They know we have a our franchise guy so does Minnesota, Tampa, and probably the Jaguars. They would save some picks by justing hopping ahead of cleveland at 4. If there is huge bidding war then they woud trade up with us.

Rawr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Could work out both ways. Lets hope come draft day RG3 and Jones stock is high.
    As a Sooner fan, I've heard that Landry hasn't made up his mind yet, but is likely to stay. That makes our pick look even better.

svh01 is offline Registered User

If we make a trade with Cleveland for both of their 1st rounders knowing we have the 33rd or 34th pick as well, would it be worth taking Blackmon and maybe a Jeffery or Floyd later in the 1st if available?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Note: this thread was started when the Rams had the 3rd pick, so the TVC #s have changed a bit.

Still, the potential trade partners remain pretty much the same.

richtree is offline Registered User

Redskins seem to have best value to offer....

The second item to consider is the Trade After the Trade....

For example, if we trade down to pick 7 or whatever -- we still get a top 10 talent, and then have the ability to trade both 2nd round picks to move up again for another high first rounder (if we want)...

The possibilities are endless and all start with filling the voids in free agency.

I really think the Rams are going to be aggressive and make big moves all off-season and on draft day.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

richtree, I agree with your point about the Redskins. I also favor that scenario as it still keeps us ahead of Jacksonville (who likely wants Blackmon).

We may have to consider that Cleveland will want to trade with us as they worry about another team trading ahead of them to grab RGIII. They don't seem assured the McCoy is their franchise QB as Shurmur refused to state that he was next year's starting QB. I also see Holmgren locking in on a guy he thinks will give him what he wants and then making the moves to get him.

Stay tuned the fun is only beginning. Go Rams!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I think with the new collective bargaining agreement and rookie slotting / cap, the trade value chart has been thrown out. Top of the 1st round picks are even MORE valuable than ever before.

Sam Bradford's contract was over $50 million.
    Cam Newton's was <$25 million.

I don't think you can make trades hoping to get a particular player. That's the trap of drafting to fill a need, not getting the best value. You recognize you are getting more than you are giving up and you take the trade or you keep it.

I think one thing people need to look at is the Patriots. They traded guys 2-3 years ago for a 1st round pick and have been trading that pick ever since. Every year they trade one of their 1st round picks this year for one next year and in exchange they get an additional 2nd rounder this year. They do it all the time. That's how you trade and build a squad full of depth. This year they have the 30th and 31st picks and the 16th and 31st in the 2nd round. I'll bet if you go back and look it up, somehow you can link one of them to the Seymour trade. This year they'll trade at least one of them, a first rounder and maybe a 2nd and move back in the draft for more picks next year.
    Last edited by RebelYell; -01-05-2012 at 04:40 PM.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I think at this point trading with CLE and hoping we land Blackmon at 5 looks like the best option. We need elite players to help bradford not more mediocre players.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Only thing good about Asante is his ability to jump routes sometimes. But then again he does that way too many times and gets screwed over. If we do trade with eagles with corner possibilities. I would do it only for DRC. Asante is getting older and isnt a good OVERALL Cornerback.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I took a look at the current draft order in conjunction with the Trade Value Chart (TVC) and found three plausible trade partners (assuming the draft order were to remain the same). I considered two factors: (1) TVC values w/in 100 points of the TVC value of the Rams current pick (No. 3 overall: 2,200 points), and (2) logical basis for both teams to consider the trade.

Here are three I came up with:

Miami Dolphins
    Miami would give the Rams the 9th (1,400), 40th (500) and 72nd (230) picks in the draft (Total TVC Value 2,130) for the Rams' pick. Miami's motive would be to have a shot at either RG3 or Barkley as their QB of the future. The Rams would likely lose their chance at drafting Blackmon or Kalil, but could use the 9th pick for a quality OT (Martin) or WR (Floyd, Jeffrey), while picking up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Washington Redskins
    Washington would give the Rams the 7th (1,500), 42nd (480) and 73rd (225) picks in the draft (Total TVC value 2,205) for the Rams' pick. The motivations would be the same as with the Dolphins trade: the Redskins get a QB, the Rams get more picks to build with.

Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia would give the Rams the 11th pick (1,250), and their two second round picks, No. 43 (460) and 44 (450) (Total TVC Value 2,160). The Eagles could select a QB of the future (assuming their not sold on Vince Young as Vick's successor), and also could have interest in an OT (Kalil). The Rams would drop in the first, but would have three second round picks to build with.

So...

Do you like any of these trades?

Do you think the other teams would like them?
    Give me the Dolphins first and the Skins second. I'm very interested in trading to the lower part of the top 10 where we can do exactly as you mentioned, look at Jeffery or Floyd while picking up a bundle. I'd see if we could talk either of them(Skins more likely) into this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st.

Skins are probably more likely anyway, just because of their glaring need for a QB. Miami might decide to try to stick it out with the Matt Moore/Chad Henne show for one more season based on what happened in the second half.

The reasons I'd go for the other receivers is because we have a bunch of 5'10"-6' guys, but didn't have a good tall target like Fitzy or Megatron... or Lloyd(with his hands) nor will we now because I'm certain that Lloyd is going to New England. Hopefully he has a pro bowl year and we get a 4th or 3rd for him in compensatory. Jeffery is 6'4", and Floyd is 6'3".
    I believe!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12