throwback week

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Tidbit on Dorsey's Injury Concerns

Teams are closely examining LSU defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, who spent a lot of time undergoing tests at the hospital in Indianapolis during the scouting combine.

Dorsey is expected to be one of the top picks in the draft. It turns out Dorsey has several injuries that team doctors are concerned about and not just the tibia he fractured in 2006.

Dorsey played through the injuries and was a beast last season. But teams are worried about his right leg, back, knee and ankle.

Thus, it is looking more and more like Virginia defensive end Chris Long will be the first defensive lineman selected.
    From the Houston Chronicle.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Tidbit on Dorsey's Injury Concerns

He now is on my 10 foot pole list.

smizzhfx Guest

Is a Alan Branch-esque post-combine slide out of the question here?

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

What is that supposed to mean? Its just saying that he suffered other injuries in college that doctors want to check out as well. If he is going in for all those tests, would they just check and clear the tibia injury? Of course not. They are going to look at the other injuries he sustained at LSU to see if he is fully healed from those. Man, talk about going overboard with this now.

Wolf Guest

Quite a shame.

Also, to quote Nick from his post-combine article on the Rams official site:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    What a Scout Says: “Easily the most dominant player in the draft. We’re not worried about the health questions because he played through it and continued to play well in college.”
    It is just a pre-caution to run screens and checks on all Top 5 picks because of the money invested. Even more so for Dorsey because of his history of injuries, but people acting like these injuries are critical until proven so don't know what they are talking about. I expect him to have a monster pro day and shut up all the doubters.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    Also, to quote Nick from his post-combine article on the Rams official site:
    You do realize I'm not Nick Wagoner, right? Different Nick. I don't write for the Rams' official site.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    but people acting like these injuries are critical until proven so don't know what they are talking about.
    I'm not sure if anyone is acting as if they're critical, but they will continue to be a concern until medical exams give him a completely clean bill of health. And you have to wonder if that's going to happen, because he didn't leave the combine with the case closed on this one.

Rambos is offline Registered User

You do realize I'm not Nick Wagoner, right? Different Nick. I don't write for the Rams' official site.
    Your not!

LOL! I thought you were the same Nick this whole time. Wow, do I feel dumb or what? That is a compliment to you, and I don't mean to gush, because you write with the same professionalism and knowledge as Wagoner does. Silly me!

I understand what you are saying, but to the people above who posted "won't touch him with a 10-foot pole" are the same people who got bitten by Adrian Peterson last season. He definitely didn't answer the questions, but he didn't leave anyone in doubt either.

Mooselini Guest

The last sentence has always been that way. I didnt think Dorsey would be selected in the first 4 rounds in my opinion.

Its a shame hes hurt. He's got a bright future ahead of him.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

you know i've always wondered if you were Nick Wagoner. The differnce between AP and Dorsey is AP went crazy at the combine. A collarbone injury that happend the same year he was drafted isn't as serious as a lingering tibia injury from 2006. Do I think he will face an Alan Branch slide, hell no. Do I think he will face an AP slide, that is verry possible

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    you know i've always wondered if you were Nick Wagoner. The differnce between AP and Dorsey is AP went crazy at the combine. A collarbone injury that happend the same year he was drafted isn't as serious as a lingering tibia injury from 2006. Do I think he will face an Alan Branch slide, hell no. Do I think he will face an AP slide, that is verry possible
    Bingo. There's a difference between him and AP as well, AP couldn't play. Dorsey showed himself to have tremendous toughness and ability to play hurt which helps him stay a high pick. The issues will come up if team doctors think that he has an increased possibility of having a career ending injury. He'd still be a top five kind of pick, as he certainly seems to be the next coming for Warren Sapp, if not for Sedrick Ellis. I definitely feel that Ellis, with his monster post season so far will overtake Dorsey because of his injury concerns and Dorsey could possibly even slip as low as Cinci. He will not drop any further than that, as Cincinnati can't pass up a guy like him.

LinkBacks (?)