• 6th round

0 0%
  • 7th round/Never

2 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Tim Tebow

After today, I think its a lot harder to doubt Tebow. He's obviously made a lot of progress in his throwing motion, due in part to his will to succeed. But its not like I'm surprised. He's Tim Tebow.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    After today, I think its a lot harder to doubt Tebow. He's obviously made a lot of progress in his throwing motion, due in part to his will to succeed. But its not like I'm surprised. He's Tim Tebow.

Why wouldn't you doubt a QB that has waited until a month before the draft to learn how to throw properly?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow has completed his first public workout with his new throwing motion, hoping to impress NFL general managers, coaches and scouts.

Tebow threw dozens of passes to former teammates Riley Cooper, Aaron Hernandez and David Nelson during a 30-minute workout.

Carolina Panthers coach John Fox, Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin and Tampa Bay Buccaneers Raheem Morris were in attendance. So were Jacksonville Jaguars general manager Gene Smith and Browns president Mike Holmgren.

About 3,000 fans showed up despite light rain. They cheered loudly as Tebow walked onto Florida Field for the first time since his home finale in November and applauded every completion.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
    Doesnt look like spags or billy even cared enough to show up, rofl.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Florida QB Tim Tebow reportedly showed unimpressive arm strength with his new throwing motion at Wednesday's Pro Day.
    Some observers have called the new technique "mechanical," in that it has reduced Tebow's looping motion, but now involves a pause in the delivery. SI.com's Tony Pauline reports that Tebow's accuracy was good, but he didn't throw tight spirals and wasn't able to deliver the ball with all his might.
    report from rotoworld
    very interesting. even with the new mechanics it could change nothing about where he gets drafted

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Dude, stop the propaganda. The reviews of Tebow's performance have been very mixed, so its no harder to doubt him now than it was yesterday.

And what is with this "he's Tim Tebow" stuff. Are you really that much of an image/hero worshiper that you can't see the obvious flaws in his game.

When will he be drafted? Who knows? Probably higher than he should.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

from the video i watched it took him just as long to get rid of the ball, he still occasionally drooped it too low, and the ball came out wobbly a lot. Not to mention the lack of strength he threw with due to the new throwing motion. I'm just wondering how long it last until it all unravels on him in a game time situation.

The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Dude, stop the propaganda. The reviews of Tebow's performance have been very mixed, so its no harder to doubt him now than it was yesterday.

And what is with this "he's Tim Tebow" stuff. Are you really that much of an image/hero worshiper that you can't see the obvious flaws in his game.

When will he be drafted? Who knows? Probably higher than he should.
    Ya well I saw your thread. To you Tim Tebow is a joke.

So lets agree to disagree. To you the cup is half empty, to me it's half full. You choose to focus on tangibles, I choose to focus on intangibles.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Tim Tebow will succeed in the NFL.

Not sure at what position, but I'll be stunned if he doesn't have a place in the league.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If he falls to the 5th round I want us to pick him.

rams_man13 is offline Registered User

If I had to guess, he'll go to the Pats in round 3 after they trade one of their 2nds for more picks.

He just seems like the type of player they would draft.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Tim Tebow can succeed only if he's well treated properly, changing his throwing mechanics is a way of progress but he's going to need more if he wants to boom in the NFL. Overall, I wish the man luck, loved to see the guy play with the Gators and I think he's going to be a 4th round pick.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I heard that one scout said "If he wasnt wearing a Gators helmet he wouldnt be anything more than a sixth or seventh round pick"

shower beers is offline Registered User

Also to note in his new release is the hesitation in delivery. Right now, he stops for a split second, presumably because he has to fight his body's urge to throw one way, and deliver it the new way. That's just not going to cut it in the NFL. He's fighting muscle memory right now, and he's not going to erase some 8 odd years (including high school and college) of throwing a certain way, in a month.

This is not to say he can't eventually do it. But he will almost certainly have to sit and develop for a year or more. I think a team with the luxury of a solid starting quarterback could take a chance on him developing.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I dont doubt Tebow any more now then I did before, I agree with Chad Henne "he isnt a NFL quarterback". Now he has a Charles Barkley like hitch in his delivery. Let someone else take this guy the Rams don't have 4 years to wait and see if this guy develops.
    Just Fix It

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

This guy should just give up. No matter how much he improves there will also be a flaw in his game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast