Rambos is offline Registered User

Time to play would you make this trade?

With the recent B.S rumors coming out that SJ wanting out and or a new deal... which I'm not buying. Got me thinking if we could trade him this year what deal would put the Rams is a position to win this year and for the next decade.

Here is the trade: hate it, like it. Just trying to kill time until Thursday!

The Vikes draft Trent Richardson at 3 and trade him on draft day to the Rams for SJ and draft picks. Our #33 this year and our highest first RD next year.

This year the Rams add two top ten talents to the roster. They have locked up Richardson ( SJ replacement) and as the draft unfolds we are guarantee to get.

Blackmon, Kalil or Claiborne.

Bradford
    , Blackmon and Richardson... Aikman, Irvin and Emmit. This would give the Rams it's own version of the big three. These three would play together for years and we would no longer be in need of playmakers.

Adding Richardson and Kalil give us our LT to protect Bradford for ten years, improves our O-line depth. We would be set at RB and LT for the long haul.

Adding Richardson and Claiborne take our secondary to the next level allowing our you DE to get after it! Richardson is an elite back that will continue the great tradition of the Ram backs that came before him.

I'm not sure I would make this trade would you?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Time to play would you make this trade?

Why would the Vikings want SJAX with Peterson on the roster? I'm not sure I make the trade either, but I really don't see the Vikings doing it.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford, Blackmon and Richardson... Aikman, Irvin and Emmit. This would give the Rams it's own version of the big three. These three would play together for years and we would no longer be in need of playmakers.
    Sounds good; but Aikman/Irvin/Emmitt wouldn't be Aikman/Irvin/Emmitt had they not also had Tuinei/Newton/Stepnoski/Allen/Williams. I'm just not sure we can match that with Saffold/???/Wells/Dahl/Smith.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BarronWade is offline Registered User

i wouldnt make that trade; im not trading any 1st rounder next year because the redskins might sux and we might end up with another top 10 pick

ALso the Vikings would become pure idiots to do that cuz Jax contract + AP contract+ Gehart's potential as a #3 somethings gotta give

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Why would the Vikings want SJAX with Peterson on the roster? I'm not sure I make the trade either, but I really don't see the Vikings doing it.
    I would say they would not, unless they feel he won't make it back... Just trying to kill the day... but if they would, would you make the trade?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Sounds good; but Aikman/Irvin/Emmitt wouldn't be Aikman/Irvin/Emmitt had they not also had Tuinei/Newton/Stepnoski/Allen/Williams. I'm just not sure we can match that with Saffold/???/Wells/Dahl/Smith.
    I agree... we still would have to add more pieces... We still have two number ones in 2014 and need to keep building. I like Saffold, Dahl and Wells. But we still have holes on that line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I would say they would not, unless they feel he won't make it back... Just trying to kill the day... but if they would, would you make the trade?
    No, I wouldn't actually. In the short term we just tread water chaning SJAX for Trich, so no real gain with the additional high pick, and we lose a 2nd and another 1st to do it.

No, I wouldn't actually. In the short term we just tread water chaning SJAX for Trich, so no real gain with the additional high pick, and we lose a 2nd and another 1st to do it.
    We get to two first round picks 4 and 6 this year vs spreading the picks over two years. we lose SJ and a second to do it.

We get to two first round picks 4 and 6 this year vs spreading the picks over two years. we lose SJ and a second to do it.
    Right, I accounted for that, but the pick is in essence a wash because it doesn't upgrade a position, it's just used to replace the player we traded to get it. So we don't add talent to the roster, we just add a younger version of the talent we already have, which may or may not be an upgrade, so I'm going to count it as a wash.

Therefore we get the 4th pick this year, but we have to use it on an area that we didn't need to upgrade if not for the fact we traded our guy to get that pick. So at the end of the day we end up with a feature back, Blackmon/Kalil/Claiborne, and two less premium picks. Without the trade we have a feature back, Blackmon/Kalil/Claiborne, and keep our premium picks. That's why I wouldn't make the trade.

We don't just lose SJ and a second, you included our highest 1st rounder next year. I'd consider it without the 1st round loss last year, but I don't see Trich as an upgrade of Sjax RIGHT NOW, and therefore it doesn't make us better. We basically give away draft picks to stay where we are, that makes no sense. We have a couple of years to get a new RB, why give up two premium picks to do it now?

Right, I accounted for that, but the pick is in essence a wash because it doesn't upgrade a position, it's just used to replace the player we traded to get it. So we don't add talent to the roster, we just add a younger version of the talent we already have, which may or may not be an upgrade, so I'm going to count it as a wash.

Therefore we get the 4th pick this year, but we have to use it on an area that we didn't need to upgrade if not for the fact we traded our guy to get that pick. So at the end of the day we end up with a feature back, Blackmon/Kalil/Claiborne, and two less premium picks. Without the trade we have a feature back, Blackmon/Kalil/Claiborne, and keep our premium picks. That's why I wouldn't make the trade.

We don't just lose SJ and a second, you included our highest 1st rounder next year. I'd consider it without the 1st round loss last year, but I don't see Trich as an upgrade of Sjax RIGHT NOW, and therefore it doesn't make us better. We basically give away draft picks to stay where we are, that makes no sense. We have a couple of years to get a new RB, why give up two premium picks to do it now?
    This is working I'm killing time.... what is does is it gets us long term players at the same time... SJ has two years at best in him and we will need his replacement. Trent is an elite back so i see the value, but I can see how you don't.

SJ will fade quick IMO this year or next... I would say maybe we can get his replacement with a later pick so why give up those picks for Trent.

Not sure I would do it either.

This is working I'm killing time.... what is does is it gets us long term players at the same time... SJ has two years at best in him and we will need his replacement. Trent is an elite back so i see the value, but I can see how you don't.

SJ will fade quick IMO this year or next... I would say maybe we can get his replacement with a later pick so why give up those picks for Trent.

Not sure I would do it either.
    I do agree we need his replacement soon, I just think giving up two premium picks for it is too much. You can generally find good RBs later. Heck, SJ was a late first rounder. I like how you were trying to get creative though.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Not a fan of any trade that would require us to give up future 1st rounders unless the Lions wanted to give us Suh and Megatron.

We are simply just not in that kind of position.