Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Time of the year again. Rockin Mock Draft v1.0

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Time of the year again. Rockin Mock Draft v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Oh believe me, I'm very high on Burfict and Hightower as an MLB in the 3-4. Pair them up with JLau, and you get the instinctive, smart technician who is all over the field, and then you get the huge aggressive thumper who will crush anyone and everyone.

I don't think you can go wrong with them or Miller, but to me, our offense needs way more help than our defense.

A productive offense with a subpar defense will win more games than a subpar offense with a productive defense.

We already have a decent defense, we just need to develop an offense that will actually average more than one TD a game.

Miller + Blackmon + Fleener would give our offense a whole new dimension and identity, and it excited me to think about.

However, thinking about Burfict just crushing fullbacks and centers while JLau sneaks in behind also satisfies me.
    In my opinion, I dont warrant taking an RB that high when he will only have 6-8 touches a game. I also think its too early for us to take a TE in my opinion. I do love the idea of helping the offense though. I'd probably go with Blackmon, Defensive pick like CB or MLB or DT, and then LaMichael James. I think we should take a compliment right now, not necessarily a replacement. I'd go re-sign Caddy so he can step in if SJAX gets injured, with James being the main back up getting about 6 touches a game.

punahou is offline Registered User

Hmmmm

no to another TE

not sure about Long/Quinn haveing to learn 'new' positions

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    In my opinion, I dont warrant taking an RB that high when he will only have 6-8 touches a game. I also think its too early for us to take a TE in my opinion. I do love the idea of helping the offense though. I'd probably go with Blackmon, Defensive pick like CB or MLB or DT, and then LaMichael James. I think we should take a compliment right now, not necessarily a replacement. I'd go re-sign Caddy so he can step in if SJAX gets injured, with James being the main back up getting about 6 touches a game.
    Miller would get more than 6 touches a game. IMO, he could step up and actually take more than half the snaps.

As of right now, we need to find a replacement. A compliment is fine, but a compliment won't develop into the future franchise back that we will need a couple years. As people can see, Jackson is slowing down, and he is not the power back he once was.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12