View Poll Results: Timmy!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • With our first pick, he can change this team's fortunes.

1 3.57%
  • I'd take him in the 2nd, he can learn behind Marc to become the eventual starter.

5 17.86%
  • Too risky to take with our top two, but if he is still there in the 3rd-5th he's worth a shot.

15 53.57%
  • Don't draft him, he will not be a good NFL QB.

7 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timmy

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Timmy

What does everyone think about Tim Tebow? I know his game doesn't translate well to the NFL, but this kid is a leader. Just wondering when you guys would be willing to take him in the draft.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Timmy

Hell, I'd take him if he was in the 4th round, but we all know that's not going to happen.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

itsguud is offline Registered User

We have needs greater right now... OL, LB...SS, the list is too great to draft a high QB

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

If he comes out & is there in the second, I would take him. I know a lot of people are down on him but he reminds me a lot of Steve Young, a smart scrambling QB.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

He does not have an NFL arm. He completes a lot of passes to wide open receivers, allowing him to float the ball in a way that just won't work in the NFL. He's no Steve Young. At best, he's Vince Young (who is keeping the bench nice and warm in Tennessee).

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    If he comes out & is there in the second, I would take him. I know a lot of people are down on him but he reminds me a lot of Steve Young, a smart scrambling QB.
    He reminds me of another guy the same things were said about, Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    He reminds me of another guy the same things were said about, Alex Smith.
    Both coached by Urban Meyer.

Mooselini Guest

I would take him in the 6th round of the draft...at the earliest.

Keep him out of my team. He's a great COLLEGE QB. I don't want to risk it. Alex Smith was a laughing stock.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Unless we are planning on running the wildcat 24/7 he shouldn't be drafted earlier than th3 5th on this team

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Unless we are planning on running the wildcat 24/7 he shouldn't be drafted earlier than th3 5th on this team

We can pick up Beanie Wells with our first round pick, Tebow with the second round pick, and run a crazy wildcat formation with Jackson and Wells in the backfield. Instant Championship.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think he's an NFL QB, when it's all said and done. So no, I wouldn't draft him. Being a leader means little when you don't have a position to lead from in the pros. Consider that Mel Kiper currently has him ranked as his #2 junior tight end.

Signs seem to point to him staying in school right now, but anything can happen after the BCS championship game. I think he'd be wise to stay and find a way to help his stock as a passer, if that's where he wants to play. Might be hard to do within that offense though; as we can see with Alex Smith, QBs don't seem to translate well from under Urban Meyer's watch.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

I honestly don't know about this guy. We desperatly need a guy like him on our team. A guy that is willing to put the team on his shoulders and carry them where they need to go. I haven't seen a player with a heart as big as his in a while. I love his mobility and his ability to pick up those short yards, but I don't know about his arm. That said, I saw him throw some great passes against bama that had some real zip on them. Would I draft his heart, legs, and head first overall, most definitely; would I draft his arm in the first couple rounds, I just don't know.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Let me copy & paste something what I wrote in my past post:

Tim Tebow:
    Now you all know I love this guy, maybe its because his family are missionaries, and he does a great deal of ministry (and I'm a minister as well), but there is something to say about a guy that will lead your team & will them to win (ex. Big Ben), you have to have a leader at the QB position, and although I admit that he needs to work on taking the snap from under center, he will be a star at the next level. He's strong, athletic, and he can make all the throws even under pressure. He doesn't make excuses for his mistakes, rather he works on getting better (sounds like Kurt Warner).

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Let me copy & paste something what I wrote in my past post:

Tim Tebow:
    Now you all know I love this guy, maybe its because his family are missionaries, and he does a great deal of ministry (and I'm a minister as well), but there is something to say about a guy that will lead your team & will them to win (ex. Big Ben), you have to have a leader at the QB position, and although I admit that he needs to work on taking the snap from under center, he will be a star at the next level. He's strong, athletic, and he can make all the throws even under pressure. He doesn't make excuses for his mistakes, rather he works on getting better (sounds like Kurt Warner).
    *Note: This was against Alabama's defense who has been literally embarassing everyone they've played this year. The passes he threw were perfect this week, and his vision is spectacular(he doesn't miss guys when they are open). Now I do see the point about the offense I mean who wouldn't be good with this much talent, but then again HE WON THIS GAME WITHOUT PERCY! And in all actually, everyone said that he and not Tebow was the cog that made things go.

Mel Kiper recently stated that he thinks Tebow has a future in the NFL...

as a TE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast