Thread: Toby Gerhart

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Toby Gerhart

How soon does someone snatch him up in the draft? He will almost surely get the heisman after last night performance with 200+ yards and 3 td's. The dude is in simple terms, a monster. Very steven jackson esque. I dont think we will take him but it is nice to dream.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Toby Gerhart

I watched him play last night against Notre Dame, and this guy is a tough runner. But, he kind of reminds me of Brian Leonard because they are both physical runners, not very fast, hard-working athletes.

If Gerhart is available in the second round, I might consider grabbing him, but with so many needs, I don't know.

I see our draft going like this
    round 1: BPA, we need a surefire good player here someone at low risk of failure, hard to guess who it will be.
    round 2: Qb, bulger position with rams in question and we need a qb of the future
    round 3-7: BPA, I dont think spags is worrying about filling the holes in the team as much as he just wants some players who have alot of talent and potential.

Edit: one of the few things i think we wont take a hard look at this offseasn is a rb, does that mean we wont take another rb? No, but it will be a stretch to take gerhart no matter how good he is.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Its more of a likely chance we get more of a speedy guy later in the draft, maybe rounds 3-5, like Dexter McCluster from Ole Miss.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    How soon does someone snatch him up in the draft? He will almost surely get the heisman after last night performance with 200+ yards and 3 td's. The dude is in simple terms, a monster. Very steven jackson esque. I dont think we will take him but it is nice to dream.
    I don't see a whole lot of Steven Jackson in him. Gerhart is much more of a power runner. A lot of people assume Jackson is as well because of his size, and while he does have power in his arsenal, I think he's more of an all-around back. I don't see Jackson's versatility in Gerhart.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    But, he kind of reminds me of Brian Leonard because they are both physical runners, not very fast, hard-working athletes.
    This comparison is a bit better. I wouldn't be surprised if Toby had a similar path to Leonard, as in he may get overdrafted because of his toughness and production but doesn't find a great fit in the NFL and becomes more of a situational player.

I see our draft going like this
    round 1: BPA, we need a surefire good player here someone at low risk of failure, hard to guess who it will be.
    round 2: Qb, bulger position with rams in question and we need a qb of the future
    round 3-7: BPA, I dont think spags is worrying about filling the holes in the team as much as he just wants some players who have alot of talent and potential.
    Why not just say BPA in every round? Why QB specifically for the second round?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Why not just say BPA in every round? Why QB specifically for the second round?
    I see the 1st round as to early for a qb and the 3rd as to late, 2nd seems like the perfect round IMO. Other then that its all BPA.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I see the 1st round as to early for a qb and the 3rd as to late, 2nd seems like the perfect round IMO. Other then that its all BPA.
    Even if QB isn't close to being the BPA in the second round?

I just don't see a reason to try and force a position into a specific round. I'd like to see the Rams find a QB in the first three rounds too, but if none of them are of good value when the Rams are up, I don't think we should reach out of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Even if QB isn't close to being the BPA in the second round?

I just don't see a reason to try and force a position into a specific round. I'd like to see the Rams find a QB in the first three rounds too, but if none of them are of good value when the Rams are up, I don't think we should reach out of need.
    That is assuming that there is a qb worthy of a 2nd round pick of course. If there is a qb worthy of a 2nd round pick i think we should take him, even if he isnt the best player available. But of course if there is no 1st-2nd round qb talent when we pick in the 2nd then dont force a situation.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

I didn't want to say it but yeah, you're right he does LOOK a lot like Leonard not sure if that is why he is warranting the comparisons I hope not.