general counsel is offline Registered User

todd mcshay 2010 mock draft

I dont know how to post the link, but todd mcshays first mock draft is available. He has the rams selecting bradford with the number one overall pick. I assume that means we are unlikely to win more than a small handlful of games.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jbell15 Guest

Re: todd mcshay 2010 mock draft

Such a slap in the face.
    1st?
    shows how much the damn "experts" know
    we were WAY better than last year.
    we'll show them all.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Here's the first half of the first-round mock:

Oklahoma dominates 2010 mock draft
    Plenty of linemen on the board; two quarterbacks and one wide receiver make the cut

By Todd McShay
    Scouts Inc.

The dust has barely settled following the 2009 draft, but that doesn't mean it's too early to look ahead to 2010, and below is Scouts Inc.'s very early look at how things could unfold in the first round in 2010.

The biggest story at this point is Oklahoma's domination of the draft board. The Sooners have the No. 1 overall pick in QB Sam Bradford but also have four of the top six selections and five projected first-rounders overall. Five offensive or defensive linemen land in the top 10 along with two quarterbacks, a tight end, a safety and a linebacker.

Only players who are entering their fourth year on campus are a part of this projection, including Bradford and Penn State OLB Navorro Bowman. The order of our first round reflects Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson's revamped power rankings -- which take into account the playoffs, free agency and the 2009 draft -- in reverse.

So, with the first pick in the 2010 NFL mock draft, the St. Louis Rams select

1. St. Louis Rams -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
    College football's most accurate passer could emerge as the top overall pick in 2010. The Rams should be in position to draft their future franchise quarterback after passing on Mark Sanchez in this year's draft.

2. Cleveland Browns -- Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
    Suh is an underrated talent with quickness, power and versatility.

3. Detroit Lions -- Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
    The Lions should be in the market for a starting left tackle to protect the blind side of 2009 No. 1 overall pick Matthew Stafford.

4. Oakland Raiders -- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    Oakland drafted a wide receiver (Darrius Heyward-Bey) at No. 7 overall this year rather than solidifying its offensive line with OT Eugene Monroe. The Raiders shouldn't make the same mistake in 2010.

5. Kansas City Chiefs -- Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
    The Chiefs will have some bigger needs along the offensive and defensive lines, but Gresham projects as the premier tight end in the 2010 class. He could become the replacement for future Hall of Fame TE Tony Gonzalez, who was traded to the Falcons, providing QB Matt Cassell a legitimate pass-catching threat over the middle.

6. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver) -- Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    A year from now the Seahawks could be in the market for Matt Hasselbeck's future replacement and don't be surprised if McCoy emerges as a top-10 pick by then.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    The Jaguars need to replenish their interior defensive line and McCoy is college football's most disruptive tackle when he's healthy.

8. San Francisco ***** -- Taylor Mays, S, USC
    Offensive tackle is a big need area but Mays possesses freakish physical tools and could anchor the *****' secondary for many years. It should also be pointed out that Mays will have competition for the honor of being first safety off the 2010 draft board if Tennessee's Eric Berry leaves school early.

9. Green Bay Packers -- Adam Ulatoski, OT, Texas
    Ulatoski has good feet for his size and could develop into a top offensive tackle prospect as a senior with improved technique and consistency.

10. San Francisco ***** (from CAR) -- Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
    With the second of their two first-round selections, the ***** could look to upgrade their offensive line or pass rush. Kindle is a great fit in this scenario as an undersized end with excellent speed off the edge and fluid hips that allow him to occasionally drop into coverage.

11. Washington Redskins -- Ciron Black, OT, LSU
    Black is a bit overrated at this point, but he has the physical tools to emerge as a high first-round pick a year from now.

12. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia
    New defensive coordinator Jim Bates is looking to get bigger and stronger up front. Atkins fits the mold as a squatty, quick and strong defender. However, he needs to rebound from a somewhat disappointing 2008 season in order to emerge as a premier defensive tackle prospect in next year's class.

13. Denver Broncos (from CHI) -- Jerry Hughes, OLB, TCU
    Hughes is flying under the radar, but his initial burst and pass-rushing ability -- 15 sacks in 2008 -- could land him a spot in the middle of next year's first round.

14. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
    Offensive tackle is the only need area the Bills failed to address in the most recent draft. As a result, expect the team to be in the market for a future starter such as Young a year from now.

15. Cincinnati Bengals -- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
    Spiller's speed and versatility could land him a spot in the mid-to-late portion of Round 1.

16. Miami Dolphins -- George Selvie, DE, South Florida
    Selvie is a notch below elite in terms of physical tools, but his toughness and nonstop motor will be enticing to a team like the Dolphins.

To see where other big names land and who your favorite team might bring into the fold in 2010, become an ESPN Insider today.

To continue reading this article you must be an Insider

shower beers is offline Registered User

It sucks, but he has to start somewhere. I'm sure he just picked a team to go with. We'll be politely smiling in April though...

realchamp11 Guest

there are alot of OT goin in the first 16 picks. Maybe we should have waited tll next yr to get one n maybe got a WR or QB?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I was campaigning for Taylor Mays early this year, I would love to pick him up next year. If we are lucky he will have a bad year and a poor combine, and he slips to us in the second or even better the late first round And hey, a slide like that could happen, I was hoping to nab James L in the early first about this time two years ago...

I just PRAY that he doesn't go to a divisional rival, I don't know what I would do with myself.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11 View Post
    there are alot of OT goin in the first 16 picks. Maybe we should have waited tll next yr to get one n maybe got a WR or QB?
    Meanwhile putting Marc Bulger in a coma.

No one knows how poorly or how well we'll do this year. I have a lot of faith, personally, and although McShay's dissing us, if we do well, we can still trade up for Bradford if we really fall in love with him. A great scenario would be to have a great improved season and if our front office truly believes Bradford is a future pro bowl QB, then let's get him regardless of where we are in the draft. I know McShay is assuming we will be in the Top 10 again this year, but we can look at it either which way, can't we?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Why bother with a 2010 mock draft? Nothing but a pipe dream.

I can see ranking the college players but trying to plug in the teams and their respective selection order is nuts. Even ranking the college players is a bit of a reach.

Nobody and I mean nobody knows who the surprise teams are going to be in 2009. Not to mention the teams that are ranked high and fall down the rankings because of injuries or whatever.

To borrow a term fron tx.....

It's nothing but a "crapshoot"!

Cheers!!!!

GO RAMS!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Hey, if we finish last. So be it. Our franchise QB will be arriving.... Don't get me wrong I hope we don't but we are rebuilding....

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    Here's the first half of the first-round mock:
    hmmmm yet ANOTHER LONG LIST of.............................yep............................................................OTs.... what a surprise.

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Meanwhile putting Marc Bulger in a coma.

No one knows how poorly or how well we'll do this year. I have a lot of faith, personally, and although McShay's dissing us, if we do well, we can still trade up for Bradford if we really fall in love with him. A great scenario would be to have a great improved season and if our front office truly believes Bradford is a future pro bowl QB, then let's get him regardless of where we are in the draft. I know McShay is assuming we will be in the Top 10 again this year, but we can look at it either which way, can't we?
    This OT infatuation is really hyped up beyond belief.........have any of you ever played football past pop warner?........ WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the offensive line?.............................. its NOT LEFT OT.IT has and always will be CENTER.......the Center makes the O-line reads, calls, and adjustments.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by realchamp11 View Post
    This assumes we aren't looking to replace Alex Barron next offseason.

We need two offensive tackles, not one.

I'd rather not have a product of Stoops' system as my QB of the future...but it's better than that joker who had the Rams trading into #1 from #4 because "Detroit could not afford to pay another #1 overall pick".

dvbear55 Guest

Todd mcshay is going to feel like an idiot after this year.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    This OT infatuation is really hyped up beyond belief.........have any of you ever played football past pop warner?........ WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION on the offensive line?.............................. its NOT LEFT OT.IT has and always will be CENTER.......the Center makes the O-line reads, calls, and adjustments.
    I have no idea if your post was an attack on me or you were agreeing with me lol

But regardless, the offensive line in general is very important and having depth is also key.

And fortunately we got a great young center in the off season.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Terrance Cody NT/DT . Mamath NT to sure up middle. Get 1 of the stud QB's in 2nd round.
    Big need at DE.