Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Todd McShay has Rams taking Gerald MCCoy

If it were really that close between Suh & McCoy then I would say take Bradford or Clausen. I heard Suh compaired to players like Warren Sapp and Alan Page....Haven't heard anything like that about McCoy...

Rawr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    If it were really that close between Suh & McCoy then I would say take Bradford or Clausen. I heard Suh compaired to players like Warren Sapp and Alan Page....Haven't heard anything like that about McCoy...
    That's not to say that Suh is any worse. It's just saying that McCoy is really good. McCoy and Suh were looked at as two of the best the year before. The debate continued on most of this year, but with Suh's performance against Texas, most people decided that Suh was better. Now that that has worn off somewhat, people are beginning to see this the way it truly is. One is necessarily better than the other, they're just different. I would take Suh, but McCoy is ridiculously good. I spent a few games just watching Oklahoma's D-line. McCoy was almost unblockable. He was in the backfield every play. He didn't have as many tackles, but he was extremely disruptive. You can't stat defensive tackles. These two guys are largely responsible for two of the the top 5 defenses in college football, maybe even the top two.

TakeSuh is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    McCoy's interception was more impressive looking in my opinion.

Anyway, Suh and McCoy are mainly just different DT's. One isn't really better than the other, it just depends on what you're looking for.
    what his highlights from his junor year, suh had 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns

Rawr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    what his highlights from his junor year, suh had 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns
    I know, but Suh looked like a DT when he was returning it. McCoy dropped into pass coverage for his, and actually looked pretty good returning it. He didn't return it for a touchdown, but it was in the national championship game.

ludairv is offline Registered User

blah blah blah.... when its all said and done... the rams will be drafting sam bradford...all he is , is a medical report and pro day away...sources close to him(doctor) have said he is ahead of schedule....and its amazing to think that everyone has forgotten that he was suppost to be the number 1 pick last year, rated better then stafford and sanchez....all in all im sayin is they dont break the bank on the dline for the number one pick... all this speculation is bogus and intended for suckers to subscribe to insider... which is meaningless opinions, (that for some reason always change hmmm)

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr View Post
    I know, but Suh looked like a DT when he was returning it. McCoy dropped into pass coverage for his, and actually looked pretty good returning it. He didn't return it for a touchdown, but it was in the national championship game.
    Is there a larger point you're trying to make by discussing how each of them "looked" when making/returning their interception? For instance, are you trying to use that as an example of McCoy being more athletic or something? Just trying to figure out what you're getting at by referencing how the play "looked."

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    and its amazing to think that everyone has forgotten that he was suppost to be the number 1 pick last year, rated better then stafford and sanchez
    I don't think anyone has forgotten that; it's been brought up previously in other threads. But things change from year to year. For instance, there were some who felt that, had he declared as a junior in 2005, Matt Leinart would have been a virtual lock for the ***** and the first overall pick. He stayed in school and went tenth a year later.

I'm not suggesting that Bradford is the next Leinart, but you can't exactly put too much weight on what a guy's stock was last year. The fact that Bradford is still being talked about as a top 5-10 pick, let alone a possibility for the Rams, even after missing most of the year with injury is a testament of his talent.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    blah blah blah.... when its all said and done... the rams will be drafting sam bradford...all he is , is a medical report and pro day away...sources close to him(doctor) have said he is ahead of schedule....and its amazing to think that everyone has forgotten that he was suppost to be the number 1 pick last year, rated better then stafford and sanchez....all in all im sayin is they dont break the bank on the dline for the number one pick... all this speculation is bogus and intended for suckers to subscribe to insider... which is meaningless opinions, (that for some reason always change hmmm)
    I don't see how that changes anything. I do think that Bradford is a better quarterback prospect than Sanchez was (provided Bradford's shoulder checks out), but that doesn't mean that there aren't better players in this draft. Defensive line is right up there with offensive tackle and quarterback as the top positions teams are most likely to take in the top five. You'd have to go back to 2005 to find a draft in which a defensive lineman was not taken in the top five overall.

also suh has a faster 40 than mccoy, look it up.

npow81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TakeSuh View Post
    also suh has a faster 40 than mccoy, look it up.
    Dude, we get the point, you love Suh (not that it isn't justified) i think your name says enough.

Is it reasonable that we take someone else, perhaps, i'm with you I don't want it, but it is conceivable.

On my prior point about Suh and his interceptions, (I don't remember McCoy's int) all I was trying to demonstrate is that the media hype machine is a very strange creature and it doesn't always make sense, sure it is justified with Suh, but once it gets rolling it can distort who is better than who (but in this case it is my opinion that is not the case).

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    Dude, we get the point, you love Suh (not that it isn't justified) i think your name says enough.

Is it reasonable that we take someone else, perhaps, i'm with you I don't want it, but it is conceivable.

On my prior point about Suh and his interceptions, (I don't remember McCoy's int) all I was trying to demonstrate is that the media hype machine is a very strange creature and it doesn't always make sense, sure it is justified with Suh, but once it gets rolling it can distort who is better than who (but in this case it is my opinion that is not the case).
    crap someone found out that suh is my role model! I think my name gave it away....................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12