Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Tomorrow's available

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Tomorrow's available

In light of the extra 2nd round pick, one guy I'd add to my list of possible choices in Round 3 is Ryan Broyles. Had he not been injured, I would have ranked him as the third best WR in this draft.

thillis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    In light of the extra 2nd round pick, one guy I'd add to my list of possible choices in Round 3 is Ryan Broyles. Had he not been injured, I would have ranked him as the third best WR in this draft.
    Isn't projected to play slot? I watched a fair amount of him when he was with OU, great player, just not sold on another slot guy.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    As talented as I think he is, I wouldn't touch him until round 4.

THE DREAM TEAM

todd1 is offline Registered User

No on Broyles in the 2nd. And a resounding HELL NO to Sanu. Quick aside, I'm convinced that one of you must be sanu's agent. Otherwise I have no idea why he would be so pumped up here. He provides no value that Pettis and salas don't already provide.
    sosa39rams likes this.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by todd1 View Post
    I love you guys that dismiss other fans' frustration with this team and organization. Like you forgot the 65 losses over the last 5 years and the countless draft strikeouts. Wow, you are such a great fan for fawning over this pick!! I assume you are going to bed in your les Snead pj's?

As for the picks, at least two offensive skill position players, whether it be 2 wr's, a wr/RB or wr/te, and either OG or lb. but seriously, does anyone really expect us to take 3 of the above fool-proof prospects??
    wow todd... i just noticed that you've been a member since 2006 and are only on post number 35. I know its probably a stretch here but..... coma?

as for the audacious and unending blue and gold happiness that shines from my posterior on sundays and draft day, i think the common misconception is that we're "forgetting" the losses and strikeouts. Of more particularity, i think our endearing feature is not our forgetfulness, but rather our understanding that the 2012 draft is only 1/7 completed. Of particularity, is the feeling that there's more to come. The way you sound, you would have surrendered the Desert Storm offensive in 1991 the moment the first Iraqi scud missile was sighted over the Saudi Arabian desert.

check this out. 87.5% of the Rams draft picks remain to be selected. That equals 7 picks total. Of those 7 picks, more than half of them will be tomorrow night. That equals 5 picks in the top 100. Plus, there's the extra first rounders in 2013 & 2014. That's phenomenal! You'd throw all of that away for one wr prospect?

People keep complaining that the Rams have a lot of holes to fill. Need more talent. Well you don't fill those holes by sighting one blue chip player and calling it quits if someone else grabs him. I applaud Fisher and Co., not for losing out on Blackmon, but for maximizing their selection in a way that allows the Rams to fill the most holes and more importantly, raising the overall talent meter on the team as a whole. DT was a need, and Brockers value was good at that spot even without the add'l pick.

Long story short, lots of Rams picks to come. 87.5% of them to be exact...
    Nick and MauiRam like this.

Hey koa, I've been a fan for a long time. Regardless of my amount of posts (which typically occur during draft time), I am a diehard. So where your desert storm anology fails is where you say the FIRST scud missile...it had been about 7 years of scud missiles for the rams, bro.

I realize many picks are to come, but what, other than blind blue and gold sunshine out your asshole optimism, has you convinced the rams will hit on these next 5 picks ( I think even to the 4th round there is potential for draft success)?? Hey, I hope they do well, but expecting it is far out of the realm of my realism.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Where can I get these Les Snead pjs? Are they on the Rams main website? I can't find them anywhere. I'll try ebay.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Where did he say we'd hit on every pick or did he show blatant optimism? if anything you've showed the exact opposite.

I really don't understand your anger when just yesterday you were talking about how a run stuffing DT was a massive need for us and we got one in the first round(and picked up a 2nd round pick). I wanted Blackmon also or Floyd at 14 but we can't control who other people pick and I didn't want to trade up when we have so many needs. It's not like Floyd, Wright or Blackmon are guaranteed to be better than Hill or Randle anyways. Now if we pass on HIll and Randle I will be flipping pissed.

Anywho I want

33- Hill/Randle
    39- Janoris Jenkins
    45- Lavonte David
    66- Chris Polk

That would fill our wr need, rb need, olb need and corner need.

Yeah mr. Peeper pants I also said yesterday tha we need a run stuffing DT, but why grab one early??? This is a "passing league" per the experts, right? Why drAft a 2 down lineman at 14 overall?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Apparently Janoris Jenkins is garnering a lot of interest at the top of the 2nd round. The question is, should we slide down again and possibly grab another 2nd and maybe more?

THE DREAM TEAM

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Yeah mr. Peeper pants I also said yesterday tha we need a run stuffing DT, but why grab one early??? This is a "passing league" per the experts, right? Why drAft a 2 down lineman at 14 overall?
    uhm because the 2 wide receivers we wanted got drafted a pick a head of us. How hard is that to understand? It's not like we passed on the receivers.

Unless you are suggesting a team with massive holes should trade up and sacrifice draft picks to get a player who isn't a guaranteed elite player anyways.

Btw if it's such a passing league why did we give up 152 yards rushing per game? You act like Justin Blackmon is the only talented wr in the draft. We still have the chance to get a great wide receiver.

Out of the 19 1,000 yard receivers in the NFL last year 5 were taken in the first round. Justin Blackmon is a great player but none of us have any clue if he'll be any better than Stephen HIll or Rueben Randle next year let alone in 5 years.

To me people who throw fits over the draft literally 1 hour after the first round are obviously short sighted and impatient. Especially when they suggest they know the players better than the GM does. Get a grip man.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

You guys are all missing the point.

HOW DID YOU KNOW ABOUT MY BEIBER PJ'S?!?!?

Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Apparently Janoris Jenkins is garnering a lot of interest at the top of the 2nd round. The question is, should we slide down again and possibly grab another 2nd and maybe more?
    With the fortuniners taking AJ Jenkins and Arizona taking Michael Floyd, that interest in Janoris Jenkins should come from us.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    With the fortuniners taking AJ Jenkins and Arizona taking Michael Floyd, that interest in Janoris Jenkins should come from us.
    Yesterday, I flippantly made a comment about Janoris Jenkins moving in with Aeneas Williams. But that might actually be something the Rams should look at. I believe Williams still lives in St. Louis. And I can't think of a better mentor for a young man with poor decision-making skills.

Aeneas could save that young man's career, and help the Rams all in one move.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I love you guys that dismiss other fans' frustration with this team and organization. Like you forgot the 65 losses over the last 5 years and the countless draft strikeouts. Wow, you are such a great fan for fawning over this pick!! I assume you are going to bed in your les Snead pj's?

As for the picks, at least two offensive skill position players, whether it be 2 wr's, a wr/RB or wr/te, and either OG or lb. but seriously, does anyone really expect us to take 3 of the above fool-proof prospects??
    Frustration, I understand. We all do.

It's the irrational and knee-jerk reactions displayed even BEFORE the Rams pick that makes me shake my head. But, youth.....what can you do? They'll eventually grow out of it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast