Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3STL9 is offline Registered User

Tony Pike Second Round?

I think we should trade downo ur first round pick. Get Terrence Cody....Unless he is expected to go Top 5. And try to get Pike second round..

Too early to talk draft, but just seeing what rams nation thinks we should do with that pick..

TheRammer Guest

Re: Tony Pike Second Round?

get clausen or suh....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 3STL9 View Post
    I think we should trade downo ur first round pick.
    The likelihood of trading out of the top three in this year's draft is slim to none, and slim is booking his vacation right now. Fans would be wise to abandon the "trade down" strategy when talking about such a high pick.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The likelihood of trading out of the top three in this year's draft is slim to none, and slim is booking his vacation right now. Fans would be wise to abandon the "trade down" strategy when talking about such a high pick.
    I agree.

I think the more likely trade scenario would be one in which the Rams take a guy like Suh in Round 1, and then trade up from their second round pick to a late first rounder to grab a QB they think might be gone by the end of the first round (i.e. Colt McCoy).

richtree is offline Registered User

I think it is more important that maybe we could trade "UP".

Maybe use our 3th and 4th round picks to get into a spot to draft a falling talent.

I think there will be good talent available from picks 20 - 40. I think we need to get a 3rd pick before pick 40-45.

That way we can get 3 impact players and hopefully 3 free agents to sign.

5 or 6 new starters can help turn a team around in a second.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If Suh isn't available, go with McCoy from OU. Or, I would shock the world and get the best playmaker in the draft. This team needs playmakers on offense badly.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Let's assume the Rams draft 3rd behind Tampa and Cleveland.

Cleveland takes Clausen
    Tampa takes Suh.

Is it really impossible to think Washington wouldn't exchange positions to wrap up Bradford if it cost them a 2nd round pick?

Or imagine if Tampa took a Spiller or Berry. Nobody would be interested in trading up to get Suh?

general counsel is offline Registered User

TX, i am thrilled that you have converted your view and now have SUH ahead of mccoy. Talk about a force of nature!

Ramming speed to Kong SUH, future ram. By the way, Pike in round 2 would be fine with me.

general counsel

GolfnRAMFAN is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Let's assume the Rams draft 3rd behind Tampa and Cleveland.

Cleveland takes Clausen
    Tampa takes Suh.

Is it really impossible to think Washington wouldn't exchange positions to wrap up Bradford if it cost them a 2nd round pick?

Or imagine if Tampa took a Spiller or Berry. Nobody would be interested in trading up to get Suh?
    I'm quite sure nobody wants to trade into the top 3 picks anymore because the money is so high.

And I'm still not convinced that Cleveland will take a QB first. Quinn has been doing a little better, plus, how many Notre Dame QB's do they need?

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

I really want Ndamukong Suh, even if we have to draft him first overall. He could be a great player. Good players make you good, great players make you great... He is the best player avaible in the draft hands down.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    I'm quite sure nobody wants to trade into the top 3 picks anymore because the money is so high.
    Personally I find that excuse to be a joke. If you want the #1 QB in the draft or the #1 DT, you trying to tell me you wouldn't pay a little more to get that kid you think will turn your franchise around?

general counsel is offline Registered User

THe problem Rebel, is that it isnt "a little more" its a TON more, both in terms of money, and picks to get to the very top. Its about putting all your eggs in one basket, both from a cap and a prospect point of view and is magnified by the crap out percentage in the draft.

What i find amazing is how highly draft picks are valued vs proven talent at the nfl level.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

mtah6245 is offline Registered User

I say target drafting Suh with the first pick and hope that Pike some how falls lower enough in the draft to pick him with the second pick or trade up to take him.

Would someone please explain how they have come to determine Pike is going to be a quality NFL QB? The freshman played extremely well in his absence and during the final game the announcers kept wondering if they would pull Pike for him. How is not primarily a system QB? He has extremely weak arm strength and has never run out of anything except the shotgun.

I'd personally hope for Ryan Mallett to declare.

Anyone notice Jake Locker is asking for a review of where they think he'll be drafted before declaring? That's NOT a good sign for the kid. If you don't think you are an obvious top 10 pick, you don't go through the review. Bradford didn't, Clausen didn't.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Anyone notice Jake Locker is asking for a review of where they think he'll be drafted before declaring? That's NOT a good sign for the kid. If you don't think you are an obvious top 10 pick, you don't go through the review. Bradford didn't, Clausen didn't.
    Why is that not a good sign? Plenty of underclassmen ask for reviews from the draft panel as to where they think they'll go. Bradford (injury) and Clausen (new coaching staff) probably didn't have much reason to ask, because they wouldn't have much to gain by staying. Locker, on the other hand, could be 2011's top prospect after another year in Steve Sarkisian's offense. But if he's already viewed as a top prospect, then maybe the risk in staying is too great and it helps him decide to come out.

I guess I'm confused as to why seeking as much information as possible in the decision making process is viewed as a bad thing in Locker's case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast