throwback week

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Of the Top 4 OTs what order would you rank their college careers?

Of the Top 4 OTs what order would you rank their college careers?

In other words which had the best college careers in order. This is not about who we should take based on upside/downside or personality its who had the best college career.

My ranking (best college career):

1. Oher
    There's still a day and a half before the draft. According to Oher, the team that picks another offensive lineman is a team that's making a mistake.
    "If you do, I don't understand," he says. "I know I'm the best. I play in the best conference. Every Saturday. Every snap. All you got to do is watch film." He hasn't allowed a sack since 2007. "I just have a passion for it, shutting down that elite pass rusher," he says. "Every year, it seems like these guys are evolving into another monster. I just shut 'em down."

2. A. Smith

3. Monroe

4. J. Smith

Oddly enough my ranking of the guys with the best college careers comes out the way they were ranked in most mock draft about four months ago before all the scrutiny of player combines and personality evaluations.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-24-2009 at 06:58 PM.

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Of the Top 4 OTs what order would you rank their college careers?

The following scouting report sounds impressive.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Michael Oher, OL, Mississippi

Oher would have been a first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, but he liked Mississippi's hiring of Houston Nutt and decided to return for his senior season. The massive offensive tackle paved the way for running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis to amass 1,000 yards on the ground in both 2006 and 2007, and he helped a 2009 rushing attack amass over 2400 yards. He was a first-team All-American last season and a consensus First-Team All-SEC selection. NFL scouts love how Oher is able to control the line of scrimmage with his hulking physical frame and excellent footwork. Such a lethal combination makes it almost impossible for defensive linemen to get around his pass protection. Oher's quick feet also make him a strong run blocker (even though he is an even better pass blocker), as he is able to get to linebackers and neutralize their pursuit of the ball. He ran a 5.34 in the 40-yard-dash at the combine but knocked it down to 5.08 at Mississippi's pro day. Scouts also have to like Oher's durability; the big man has had no injury problems whatsoever at Ole Miss. He has been passed on the offensive linemen charts by Jason Smith, but Oher could be the second or third OT off the board and possibly a Top 10 selection in the 2009 draft.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-24-2009 at 07:07 PM.