Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By RockinRam
  • 1 Post By Rambos
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

  1. #1
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Alton, Il. USA
    Age
    63
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    25

    Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    Of course it's all up to which underclassmen come out or stay in school, especially at the WR and QB positions when it comes to round one, but it's fairly clear already what the Rams could be looking at when they pick.

    I think they may well deal the 2nd overall, but I don't see a large deal down, not out of the top ten certainly,barring some unbelievable offer.

    I'm going to assume that Houston will take Clowney first overall. They seem to be looking at defensive head coaches, and i their division, they have the chance to right to the top, if they can put a great defense and running game on the field. They will look at the depth at QB and wait till round two, or maybe will deal into late round one to get their guy.

    The Rams are then left with Quarerbacks and Offensive tackles and a couple 3-4 OLB types if they pick anywhere from 2 to 8.

    That seems to make Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson as the best available player with their first pick as they won't go QB there and the 3-4 guys, Barr and Mack don't fit. Anything else would be a reach.

    If the Rams sign Saffold somehow, it REALLY leaves that first pick by the Rams open to any kind of move, even one to 15th or later if a huge ransom is returned.

    By the time the Rams pick around 12th, assuming they are unable to upset Seattle up there Sunday, as many as five QBs and three pass rush DE/3-4 OLB, and two OT will be off the board.

    Another name probably gone is CJ Mosley -OLB

    There is your top 11, if all the QB come out.

    If they don't, add another OT (Lewan)and another DE/OLB (Sam) to that top 11.

    Now, if this likely scenario comes to pass, it is absolutely clear that the abundance of talent with their second pick is at the wide receiver position, with their choice of first round locks Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Sammie Watkins, Davonte Adams.

    I can see the Rams going for their second Aggie in a row with the massive, reliable, tough, and talented Evans, a perfect fit for their need at the position.

    By the time the Rams pick in round two, barring adding a pick there or in late round one via trade down, the concentration of talent is at the CB and DT positions, as well as at guard. There is a slim chance a safty might get to that level by the draft.

    i don't see Fisher reaching for a safety at 12, so barring a deal down to add another #1, I don't see the Rams going there in round one, and by their rd 2 pick, the top guys may well be gone at the position the Rams need most.

    Perhaps, seeing this, the Rams will go for a veteran free safety with their small cap space.
    There is a big need for veteran stability back there, with Finnegan probably not here.

    It won't be Byrd though, as his price is too high. i don't think Mikell will leave Carolina and return here. Someone like the Steelers Ryan Clark would fit, at the right price.

    Malcolm jenkins would be another FS they might look at.

    Barry Waller

  2. #2
    RebelYell's Avatar
    RebelYell is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis ,Missouri
    Posts
    2,354
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    The draft seems to have 2 players teams might be willing to trade up to acquire. Bridgewater and Clowney.

  3. #3
    richtree's Avatar
    richtree is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,132
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    This draft will be one of the greatest WR drafts in history....so much talent . Top12 WRs are all big time players, with a few potential to be greats....I really haven't seen a class of WRs both deep and elite at the top...lots of guys will be losing jobs to the studs coming out...

    I think there will be a record on WRs taken in Round1 and definitely in the top 50 picks

  4. #4
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post

    I think there will be a record on WRs taken in Round1 and definitely in the top 50 picks
    Who?

    I personally don't see it.
    ManofGod likes this.

  5. #5
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,132
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    The draft seems to have 2 players teams might be willing to trade up to acquire. Bridgewater and Clowney.
    I agree but I bet by the time the draft is here Johnny Manziel is red hot and teams will want to move up for him as well.
    ManofGod likes this.

  6. #6
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,614
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Of course it's all up to which underclassmen come out or stay in school, especially at the WR and QB positions when it comes to round one, but it's fairly clear already what the Rams could be looking at when they pick.

    I think they may well deal the 2nd overall, but I don't see a large deal down, not out of the top ten certainly,barring some unbelievable offer.

    I'm going to assume that Houston will take Clowney first overall. They seem to be looking at defensive head coaches, and i their division, they have the chance to right to the top, if they can put a great defense and running game on the field. They will look at the depth at QB and wait till round two, or maybe will deal into late round one to get their guy.

    The Rams are then left with Quarerbacks and Offensive tackles and a couple 3-4 OLB types if they pick anywhere from 2 to 8.

    That seems to make Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson as the best available player with their first pick as they won't go QB there and the 3-4 guys, Barr and Mack don't fit. Anything else would be a reach.

    If the Rams sign Saffold somehow, it REALLY leaves that first pick by the Rams open to any kind of move, even one to 15th or later if a huge ransom is returned.

    By the time the Rams pick around 12th, assuming they are unable to upset Seattle up there Sunday, as many as five QBs and three pass rush DE/3-4 OLB, and two OT will be off the board.

    Another name probably gone is CJ Mosley -OLB

    There is your top 11, if all the QB come out.

    If they don't, add another OT (Lewan)and another DE/OLB (Sam) to that top 11.

    Now, if this likely scenario comes to pass, it is absolutely clear that the abundance of talent with their second pick is at the wide receiver position, with their choice of first round locks Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Sammie Watkins, Davonte Adams.

    I can see the Rams going for their second Aggie in a row with the massive, reliable, tough, and talented Evans, a perfect fit for their need at the position.

    By the time the Rams pick in round two, barring adding a pick there or in late round one via trade down, the concentration of talent is at the CB and DT positions, as well as at guard. There is a slim chance a safty might get to that level by the draft.

    i don't see Fisher reaching for a safety at 12, so barring a deal down to add another #1, I don't see the Rams going there in round one, and by their rd 2 pick, the top guys may well be gone at the position the Rams need most.

    Perhaps, seeing this, the Rams will go for a veteran free safety with their small cap space.
    There is a big need for veteran stability back there, with Finnegan probably not here.

    It won't be Byrd though, as his price is too high. i don't think Mikell will leave Carolina and return here. Someone like the Steelers Ryan Clark would fit, at the right price.

    Malcolm jenkins would be another FS they might look at.
    Yes... things are certainly crystal clear at this point.
    Nick and sosa39rams like this.

  7. #7
    Barry Waller is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Alton, Il. USA
    Age
    63
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Top Available Talent at 2, 12, 43 Getting Clearer

    Davonte Adams is coming out, still waiting on the other underclassmen that make or break the WR draft.
    Barry Waller

Similar Threads

  1. We need talent!!!!!!
    By BEER in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: -01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
  2. Top 40 in Draft Getting Clearer
    By Barry Waller in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -03-19-2009, 02:06 PM
  3. Chain of command becomes a lot clearer
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-06-2009, 08:44 AM
  4. Playoff Picture Becomes Clearer
    By Varg6 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -12-28-2006, 01:57 PM
  5. I want talent NOW
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -05-07-2005, 08:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •