View Poll Results: Which WR do you think will help this team the most.

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Julio Jones

10 13.70%
  • A.J. Green

55 75.34%
  • Jonathan Baldwin

4 5.48%
  • Austin Pettis

1 1.37%
  • Micheal Floyd

2 2.74%
  • James Rodgers

1 1.37%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Top WR's this year.

It seems we have no other choice then to grab us a WR in the first this year. I dont care if it is the scheme or the quality of our current wr corp or both. We need to upgrade this position. Now I dont see us picking #1 this year, but chances are still good we will be in the top 10 draft picks. Who do you like out of this years college crop.

jcook is offline Registered User

Re: Top WR's this year.

Top ten?
    Did u mean top 2?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

A.J Green baby! WELCOME TO STL!!!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    It seems we have no other choice then to grab us a WR in the first this year. I dont care if it is the scheme or the quality of our current wr corp or both. We need to upgrade this position. Now I dont see us picking #1 this year, but chances are still good we will be in the top 10 draft picks. Who do you like out of this years college crop.
    Sir I'm not sure how you do not see us drafting #1 possibly, but believe me there is a very HIGH possibility of that happening.

With that being said: bring on A.J. Green!

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Assuming there's a rookie wage scale in place - and all indication is that a new CBA would include a rookie wage scale of some sort - it will be easier to take a player at a non-premium position (ie. someone who isn't a QB, DL, or LT) with a high first round pick.

And with the Rams looking like a team that will once again pick in the Top Ten, they should have a couple of good underclassmen to choose from, if they elect to comeout. Georgia's A.J. Green, Alabama's Julio Jones, Pittsburgh's Jon Baldwin, and Notre Dame's Michael Floyd are generally considered the top four receivers eligible for this class.

I don't think any of them are the kind of prospects that Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson were, but they're right at the next tier. Most seem to give Green the edge in the group, and I can't really argue with that. There isn't much not to like in his game, where as some of the other receivers have a few concerns you'd like to see them iron out this year.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Assuming there's a rookie wage scale in place - and all indication is that a new CBA would include a rookie wage scale of some sort - it will be easier to take a player at a non-premium position (ie. someone who isn't a QB, DL, or LT) with a high first round pick.

And with the Rams looking like a team that will once again pick in the Top Ten, they should have a couple of good underclassmen to choose from, if they elect to comeout. Georgia's A.J. Green, Alabama's Julio Jones, Pittsburgh's Jon Baldwin, and Notre Dame's Michael Floyd are generally considered the top four receivers eligible for this class.

I don't think any of them are the kind of prospects that Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson were, but they're right at the next tier. Most seem to give Green the edge in the group, and I can't really argue with that. There isn't much not to like in his game, where as some of the other receivers have a few concerns you'd like to see them iron out this year.
    Since I am not a huge NCAA follower, what does A.J offer that the other receivers dont? I mean I have heard of all of them and realize that there all 6'3 (Floyd) 6'4 (Green+Jones) and 6'5(Baldwin) which is what I love... I also seen a lot of Green's film. He is a monster.

Anyway, I plan on following NCAA a lot more soon. Although when it comes to draft time all I do is analyze players, do drafts and etc.

A.J GREEN FOR PREZ!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Since I am not a huge NCAA follower, what does A.J offer that the other receivers dont? I mean I have heard of all of them and realize that there all 6'3 (Floyd) 6'4 (Green+Jones) and 6'5(Baldwin) which is what I love... I also seen a lot of Green's film. He is a monster.

Anyway, I plan on following NCAA a lot more soon. Although when it comes to draft time all I do is analyze players, do drafts and etc.

A.J GREEN FOR PREZ!
    Like I said earlier, I don't think there's much not to like in A.J.'s game. He's big, he has speed, he plays the ball very well in the air. If the biggest complaint against the guy is that he might need to bulk up a bit, then that's saying something about his other skills. I like Green's consistency more than I do Julio Jones, and I think he offers better speed than Baldwin or Floyd. It's not that the other three are bad or anything; they could all be first round picks in 2011. I just think Green is the better package and will likely be a Top 5-10 pick, towards the higher end with a rookie wage scale in place.

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Jones appears to have problems dropping the ball but is the most physically gifted of them all; Floyd has durability concerns. I'm looking forward to watching Baldwin in action tonight as the Pittsburgh Panthers take on Miami- Brandon Harris is a good CB and it'll be an informative clash between the two.

My undoubted number one, though, is Green. I only hope that he's still available when we pick next April.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Vincent Brown wide receiver from SDSU

you'll see soon enough

bluesjoc is offline Registered User

My first guess would be Ryan Broyles which isnt even on your list. He is a cross between Steve Largent/Wes Welker but faster and already rated above everyone on the list above. But whats really nice is he already has a chemistry with Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesjoc View Post
    My first guess would be Ryan Broyles which isnt even on your list. He is a cross between Steve Largent/Wes Welker but faster and already rated above everyone on the list above. But whats really nice is he already has a chemistry with Bradford.
    The list you posted is a power ranking of college football players. It's essentially ranking them simply on whom the site thinks is the best right now. It's not a list ranking players based on the kind of pro prospects they are.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Like I said earlier, I don't think there's much not to like in A.J.'s game. He's big, he has speed, he plays the ball very well in the air. If the biggest complaint against the guy is that he might need to bulk up a bit, then that's saying something about his other skills. I like Green's consistency more than I do Julio Jones, and I think he offers better speed than Baldwin or Floyd. It's not that the other three are bad or anything; they could all be first round picks in 2011. I just think Green is the better package and will likely be a Top 5-10 pick, towards the higher end with a rookie wage scale in place.
    Very well said sir, for anyone asking about A.J. Green, I would bring up Andre Johnson (WR Houston Texans) or Darrell Revis (CB N.Y. Jets). The thing that makes these guys so special (especially in Revis's case) is the way that they attack the ball when it is in the air. Now it is one thing to "catch" the ball, but it is another to "attack" it in the air & haul it in especially in traffic, both of these guys does this and so does A.J. Green; if you throw it up there, he will catch it & this skill makes any QB better especially when you are bringing along a young QB, you need this type of talent to help him develop properly.
    Look at any top flight QB (past or present): Aikman, Montana, Young....even today Manning, Brady, Rodgers, etc. you are always able to name their recievers, the 2 go hand in hand & there is a reason for it. Simply put, we need to draft a big talent at WR to help our QB & offense move forward & you have to take the best available; since I see us drafting #1 (#2 baring a tie for worst record in the league) we have to go w/ Green.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

A.J Green definitely.

Who they seem to me as:

A.J Green - Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson

Julio Jones - a less consistent and less talented version of Andre Johnson and Anquan Boldin

Michael Floyd - a more injury prone and slower version of Larry Fitzgerald

Jonathan Baldwin - Same as Floyd, but more durable

Rich86 is offline Registered User

aj green is nowhere as strong as moss or calvin johnson coming out of college. but i think his route running and catching in traffic is something the rams could use. i don't know if bradford will ever be a qb that drops bombs on his receivers, but he can most definitely make green a 100 catch receiver.

i'm not as low on julio jones as some, he has mceleroy sorry ass throwing the rock not samdog millionaire. he has great physical tools, and better hands then given credit for. i still get goosebumps watching his high school highlight tape where i felt i had never seen a more dominant receiver in my life.

julio jones reminds me of brandon marshall. he will definitely be what big mike williams was projected to be coming out of college. a freak of a nature, and is in way better condition than williams was at usc.

baldwin is the most comparable with calvin johnson to me, but in more ways than i'd like. seems he disappears a lot on the field, and for how physically gifted he is it doesn't show on the stat sheet.

i guess, my pick is julio although i think dejuan miller is definitely a steal if he comes out

DistantRam is offline Registered User

A.J. Green is getting less likely by the week! Looks as though we'll be drafting long after he's off the board at this rate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast