RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Trade down, grab Ross.

What would you guys think if we traded down in the draft, and grabbed Aaron Ross?

He's a big corner at 6'1" 193lbs and has return ability also.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...aaronross.html

Thoughts?

RamsFan16

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Trade down, grab Ross.

I would not be against it if we pick up another 2nd but it would seem like Dejavu and his 40 time was not that great.

RamsNation is offline Registered User

If we take a corner early, I want Ross. I like him more then Hall and Revis. He can return too. And as for his 40 time, just watch him play. He has plenty of speed. I also want a tackle in the 2nd if this happens. Wouldnt mind if we took D Tackle in 1st and Josh Wilson in 2nd, I am very high on him as well.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4kndps7Z7M

Video highlights off Ross.
    RamsFan16

Drew is offline Registered User

id like to see what else we would get for the trade down first....if its a second round pick and we could get jenkins for a third....then i would..we could get say charles johnson or tim crowder and stewart bradley.....

Ross,Johnson,Bradley and Jenkins for our 1st day draft picks would be sweet....then see if one of the safeties like wendling or micheal johnson falls into the 4th and our D would have a nicely spread possible/probable upgrade in talent!

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Video highlights off Ross.
    Nice video he looks like a big physical CB. He looks as though he has elusivness in the return game. He also looks as though he has good change of driection in both. He will find the NFL will have faster receivers that run better routes. He seemed to be in position to make most of the plays. However in the return game guys caught him from behind a couple of times. He don't look like he has take it to the house speed in the return game however he looks elusive enough to be a good return man. His speed will be tested in the NFL. I would not be against taking him he has good fluid change of direction and would match up well against some of the bigger receivers. But IMO Brown did not play that bad last year and I am not sure that this guy would be that much of an upgrade at CB in the next two years. With that said I think we could get a bigger impact to the team at DT or LB.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -04-21-2007 at 09:30 PM.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Take Ross? Freakin yes man. Physical corner that fits in Hasletts defense, and can return. With the bigger receivers in the division, as good as Tye Hill might be he's still short. Grab the big guy that's gonna ruff um up. Then trade a second to Carolina for Jenkins, and take an end if we do get a second for trading down. If we don't, trade a third and whatever else need be to move up in the second to get a pass rusher. I support Ross at Thirteen, but that's crazy.