Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    20

    Trade down scenario that I would love

    Trade 1.2 to Cleveland for atleast 1.4 and 1.22

    Trade 2.1 for both of New Englands 2nd rounds.

    I havent done much research on this but I think this is about right. We prolly get another pick from the Browns.

    Even though the Pats normally trade down and stockpile, maybe they see a CB they love at 33 and are open to trades.

    Either way, four picks in the first two rounds is exactly what this team needs.

    With the amount of talent in this draft, I'd say we could make all four picks worth with some solid scouting.

    If we could fill four holes, preferably WR, OT, DT, OLB in the first two rounds, that would be HUGE.

    This would be my dream scenario.

    Any other scenarios anyone want to see happen?


  2. #2
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,927
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    My main hope is that we get the deal done w Cleveland.

  3. #3
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    My main hope is that we get the deal done w Cleveland.
    For sure. Even if we only get that deal done we still have THREE picks out of 33. Thats huge.

    My guess is, if we trade down to Cleveland we get Blackmon, an OT, and a DT that will all play key roles next year. Other options are CB and RB, depending on if team takes our options before we get there.

    No matter how it plays out, we get get rid of some key holes on the team.

    Not to mention, we can use that 66 hopefully on a OLB, which I would take before CB and RB in that position.

  4. #4
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,294
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Trade 1.2 to Cleveland for atleast 1.4 and 1.22

    Trade 2.1 for both of New Englands 2nd rounds.
    Okay, just to get it out of the way.....we're talking about two teams that don't historically trade up, and we might have to throw in our 4th pick to get NE on board, but let's just go with you've got here.

    That could easily translate into:

    1.4 - Justin Blackmon, WR
    1.22 - Fletcher Cox, DT
    2.49 - Kelechi Osemele, G/T
    2.63(64) - Sean Spence or Travis Lewis, LB

    I can't imagine anybody having a problem with those first two rounds.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  5. #5
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    The famous two spot trade. Lets take a look at that spot and teams who moved up and selected in that spot and who they took?

    1967 Minnesota N.Y. Giants Clinton Jones RB
    1970 Green Bay Chicago Mike McCoy DT
    1973 Baltimore New Orleans Bert Jones QB
    1975 Dallas N.Y. Giants Randy White DT
    1977 Dallas Seattle Tony Dorsett RB
    1980 N.Y. Jets San Francisco Johnny "Lam" Jones WR
    1983 L.A. Rams Houston Eric Dickerson RB
    1985 Atlanta Houston (through Minnesota) Bill Fralic OT
    1988 Kansas City Detroit Neil Smith DE
    1992 Indianapolis Tampa Bay Quentin Coryatt LB
    1997 Oakland New Orleans Darrell Russell DT
    1998 San Diego Arizona Ryan Leaf QB
    2000 Washington New Orleans LaVar Arrington LB


    Looks like hit and miss.


    I am not a big fan of trading out of the top 10 to acquire more picks. Lets consider the last block buster trade and how teams faired with the trade.

    I am looking at the Ricky Williams trade.

    The Saints gave up 8 picks and here are the player the Skins selected with those picks.

    QB Cade McNown
    WR D'Wayne Bates
    LB Nate Stinson
    LB Khari Samuel
    TE Desmond Clark
    WR Billy MIller
    LB Lavar Arrington (2nd overall pick)
    DB Lloyd Harrison

    That is my concern this team needs playmakers and when you move out of the top of the draft its extremely difficult to find that rare gem of a playmaker.

    Go Rams

  6. #6
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    The famous two spot trade. Lets take a look at that spot and teams who moved up and selected in that spot and who they took?

    1967 Minnesota N.Y. Giants Clinton Jones RB
    1970 Green Bay Chicago Mike McCoy DT
    1973 Baltimore New Orleans Bert Jones QB
    1975 Dallas N.Y. Giants Randy White DT
    1977 Dallas Seattle Tony Dorsett RB
    1980 N.Y. Jets San Francisco Johnny "Lam" Jones WR
    1983 L.A. Rams Houston Eric Dickerson RB
    1985 Atlanta Houston (through Minnesota) Bill Fralic OT
    1988 Kansas City Detroit Neil Smith DE
    1992 Indianapolis Tampa Bay Quentin Coryatt LB
    1997 Oakland New Orleans Darrell Russell DT
    1998 San Diego Arizona Ryan Leaf QB
    2000 Washington New Orleans LaVar Arrington LB


    Looks like hit and miss.


    I am not a big fan of trading out of the top 10 to acquire more picks. Lets consider the last block buster trade and how teams faired with the trade.

    I am looking at the Ricky Williams trade.

    The Saints gave up 8 picks and here are the player the Skins selected with those picks.

    QB Cade McNown
    WR D'Wayne Bates
    LB Nate Stinson
    LB Khari Samuel
    TE Desmond Clark
    WR Billy MIller
    LB Lavar Arrington (2nd overall pick)
    DB Lloyd Harrison

    That is my concern this team needs playmakers and when you move out of the top of the draft its extremely difficult to find that rare gem of a playmaker.

    Go Rams

    We would only be moving to the 1.4 and most likely would still land Blackmon. I dont want to trade out of the Top 10 either.

  7. #7
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    I am OK in the 4 or 6 spot. But some are looking to continue to trade down and acquire more and more picks. I say if the Browns or Skins are willing to move up and keep us in the top 10 I am all for it. But I say the Rams need talent now and lets get the BPA in this draft and hopefully get Bradford some weapons for next season.

    Go Rams

  8. #8
    KCRamFan's Avatar
    KCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Age
    40
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Some Chiefs fans want to move up to #2 so bad they are mocking trading Dorsey, Bowe (after they franchise him) and their 1st round pick. I would be open to moving down to their spot if we were able to do a trade like this. Then we can pickup a guard or OT at that spot. That would give us 3 starters on the team. Now I highly doubt the Chiefs would even think about this trade, but I would like it if they did.

    Dorsey still has 1 year left on his contract so basically the Rams can try him out for a year.

    They will have to work out a contract for Bowe before I think they would pull the trigger on a trade if he was franchised by the Chiefs.

  9. #9
    Ram Mar Ram's Avatar
    Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Apia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Double Trade down.

    trade to to Cleveland for both first rounders. trade back again from 4th to 7th (Jag's). you could end up with the following. i didnt use the draft value chart so please dont pinch my melons on that either way. Balckmon might fall to 8, Trent should be there, Claiborne. Leave the O-liners to the 2nd round.


    from 1.2, 2.33

    to 1.8, 1.22, 2.33, 2.38 + a couple of mid rounders this year or next

    Whether teams would oblige us in robbing them blind is another story.

  10. #10
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,837
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Our team has no depth, we're kinda hard up on the cap because of Long, Smith and Bradford, and as always, the draft is a crapshoot. So yes, Blackmon looks like he can't miss, and that's very well true, but who says that he will absolutely be the best receiver in this draft? There are three guys sitting on that second tier who could be selected anywhere in the first round after Blackmon in any order depending on what you're looking for. Why can't they satisfy our need for a WR while we are able to grab a second first round pick this year, maybe a second rounder, maybe a first next year. The limits are endless depending on whom we are willing to deal with.

    There are gems and busts in every round. If you get more picks, you get a better chance to find one of those gems, no?
    I believe!

  11. #11
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Agreed, trade down and stay at 4 or 6. Do not drop out of Top 10 should be the main motto. I think 4 or 6 should be good.

    What would be awesome is we trade down to 4 and get 1.22. Then we trade down to 6 with skins somehow and pick up another second rounder or so.

  12. #12
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Our team has no depth, we're kinda hard up on the cap because of Long, Smith and Bradford, and as always, the draft is a crapshoot. So yes, Blackmon looks like he can't miss, and that's very well true, but who says that he will absolutely be the best receiver in this draft? There are three guys sitting on that second tier who could be selected anywhere in the first round after Blackmon in any order depending on what you're looking for. Why can't they satisfy our need for a WR while we are able to grab a second first round pick this year, maybe a second rounder, maybe a first next year. The limits are endless depending on whom we are willing to deal with.

    There are gems and busts in every round. If you get more picks, you get a better chance to find one of those gems, no?
    Good point, but I think we should have atleast 1 pick in top 10. That way, even if its not Blackmon, we can pick another position that is a sure fire starter for years to come. Sure that can be a bust too, but the chance of that is less, especially with Fisher's staff doing the scouting.

  13. #13
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,076
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Agreed, trade down and stay at 4 or 6. Do not drop out of Top 10 should be the main motto. I think 4 or 6 should be good.

    What would be awesome is we trade down to 4 and get 1.22. Then we trade down to 6 with skins somehow and pick up another second rounder or so.
    If we trade to the 1.4 RG3 is gone. Thus, losing the Redskins interest in trading down.

  14. #14
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,837
    Rep Power
    70

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Good point, but I think we should have atleast 1 pick in top 10. That way, even if its not Blackmon, we can pick another position that is a sure fire starter for years to come. Sure that can be a bust too, but the chance of that is less, especially with Fisher's staff doing the scouting.
    Why is someone drafted at #6 or #9 suddenly a sure fire starter when someone at #14, for example, is not? People probably available in the 10-15 range will be Floyd, Jeffery, Wright, Brockers, Devon Still, Dre Kirkpatrick and a few offensive line candidates.

    The way we get down there is trading down to either 4 or 6, and then selling THAT pick for someone wanting Blackmon, Kalil, Coples, Reiff or Richardson.
    I believe!

  15. #15
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,122
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Trade down scenario that I would love

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Why is someone drafted at #6 or #9 suddenly a sure fire starter when someone at #14, for example, is not? People probably available in the 10-15 range will be Floyd, Jeffery, Wright, Brockers, Devon Still, Dre Kirkpatrick and a few offensive line candidates.

    The way we get down there is trading down to either 4 or 6, and then selling THAT pick for someone wanting Blackmon, Kalil, Coples, Reiff or Richardson.
    If we get a lot of picks and we drop out of top 10 and still get Dre Kirkpatrick. I would be all for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    If we trade to the 1.4 RG3 is gone. Thus, losing the Redskins interest in trading down.
    Yeah I didn't really think about that. True statement

Similar Threads

  1. Draft day trade scenario
    By rob6465 in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
  2. Another trade down scenario
    By clarasDK in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -04-23-2009, 04:43 PM
  3. The only trade down scenario I can see working
    By AvengerRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -04-22-2009, 02:24 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -04-20-2008, 11:18 PM
  5. Possible trade scenario??
    By MauiRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -02-10-2007, 11:23 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •