Rambos is offline Registered User

Trade on draft day for Taylor

Trade on draft day for Taylor; (Only after the Phins have taken Chris Long) I donít know the value canít be that much as he will only be around a few years at best. With the second pick over all take Jake Long. Second round take a young fast WR. Third round add LB or SS.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Trade on draft day for Taylor

ESPN is reporting that Parcells is saying Taylor is staying in Miami next season, unless he retires of course.

ESPN is reporting that Parcells is saying Taylor is staying in Miami next season, unless he retires of course.
    If that is the case maybe they don't take Chris Long. I don't think Parcells is going to tip his hand.

Three sources close to the Dolphins organization said this week that Taylor and the team he has been part of for 11 years have graciously agreed to part ways between now and the NFL draft April 26. Thereís no animosity between Taylor and new Dolphins guru Bill Parcells or coach Tony Sparano.

Wolf is offline Registered User

What would we give for Taylor. Basically from what I read, you say trade for Taylor...but we still get to keep our picks from round 1-3 from what I read?

What would we give for Taylor. Basically from what I read, you say trade for Taylor...but we still get to keep our picks from round 1-3 from what I read?
    Like I said not sure of the value on Taylor, I would not give up a lot, he will only be in the NFL for a few years at best.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

We need to get younger and faster. We don't need a cast member from Dancing with the stars. His main focus obviously isn't football at this point

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I would never give any picks for Taylor. I'm sorry, its time to start building new, I think DE is where we need to start from. Draft Gholston (since it seems like Miami is going after Long) and build from there. We can add older depth players, but not go crazy on starters.

Wolf is offline Registered User

Gholston is the best DE I think. Nothing to notch on Chris Long...but he's not as athletic.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I would never give any picks for Taylor. I'm sorry, its time to start building new, I think DE is where we need to start from. Draft Gholston (since it seems like Miami is going after Long) and build from there. We can add older depth players, but not go crazy on starters.
    Jason Taylor......NAAAAAAAHHHHHH. Moose is right we need to start with the new, Not the possible limb losing players.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

11,13.5,12,9,13,18 these are his sack count for the last 7 years. I know he is not the long term answer. But he would provide a much needed pass rush in the short term. I would take Jake Long if Chris is off the board. Not sure we will find another pass rusher and still get Jake. We could upgrade both lines in 08.

Just bored,I have been sick for about a week, its starting to get too me.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-02-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Dolphins | J. Taylor will not be traded
    Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:53:08 -0800

Harvey Fialkov, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports Miami Dolphins DE Jason Taylor will not be traded before the 2008 NFL Draft, according to vice president of football operations Bill Parcells. A report on Yahoo.com said Taylor and the team "have graciously agreed to part ways between now and the NFL draft April 26." Parcells told ESPN Sunday, March 2, that "the latest report is just another example of journalistic irresponsibility."

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

We talk about getting new but we are very new on D and could really use a vocal leader to pull the defence together, when I think jason taylor.. I think captin on D that is going rally the young players and get them going in the drills and practice and maybe we can actually develop some players for once.. with that said if he is thinking big money it's not worth it

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

the dolphins announced today that they will not release taylor or trade him, he either plays for the fins or retires

got this from espn
    Built RAM tough

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    We talk about getting new but we are very new on D and could really use a vocal leader to pull the defence together, when I think jason taylor.. I think captin on D that is going rally the young players and get them going in the drills and practice and maybe we can actually develop some players for once.. with that said if he is thinking big money it's not worth it
    We have players like Leonard Little and Witherspoon to be captains for the defense.

Either way I'm glad Jason Taylor isnt getting traded. I'm afraid our front office would go for him. We need someone with his leadership and skill yes, we dont need that high of an age.