Thread: Trade Idea

Country is offline Registered User

Trade Idea

What about dealing for LB Lance Briggs.

Rams send

1[13] and CB Jemetrius Butler

Bears Send

LB Lance Briggs and 2[37]

Briggs trade value has gone way down with his attacks on the Bears.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Re: Trade Idea

Of course I would do it, but no chance Chicago would.

Milan is offline Registered User

I doubt that would happen, with Butler being a 4th round talent.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Is there a LMAO emoticon I can use?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    Is there a LMAO emoticon I can use?

thats your best bet :P

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

keith m. klink Guest

why, would you do that,we would have all our money on 1 de, and 3 lb's.

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post

thats your best bet :P
    Not animated enough, but thanks for trying!

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Trade Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post

Rams send

Bears Send

Let me try to understand why we would do a trade like this, First we get no DT, DE, or Safety in the first round, but we start three WLB in our front seven. How does this help us defensively? Would we not be awful against the run again? This trade makes no sense.:x

Stone Cold Tavon Austin is offline Registered User

Cool Re: Trade Idea

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    Let me try to understand why we would do a trade like this, First we get no DT, DE, or Safety in the first round, but we start three WLB in our front seven. How does this help us defensively? Would we not be awful against the run again? This trade makes no sense.:x
    It was just an idea no need to destroy the thought he was just asking what you thought thatsa all you didnt need to get so deep u could of just said no bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by ImSorryMr.Jackson39 View Post
    It was just an idea no need to destroy the thought he was just asking what you thought thatsa all you didnt need to get so deep u could of just said no bad trade.
    Listen I never meant to "destroy" an idea, much less one of a Rams fan. It just happens that I think having three weakside LBs is a very bad idea. Yes I could have just said bad trade, but I just wanted to state my opion on the subject.

viper is offline Registered User

Well, I think the proposition was thrown out there in good faith and it deserves a valid response with arguments and he deserves a legitimate answer. Country is a valued member of the clan. For people to disrespect the concept and throw out ridiicule without a valid reponse as to why it wouldn't work is disrespectful.

My first thought was that it was a valid question. Yes, we need a DT, and I think we need another DU. If we don't find them thru F/A then we need to addresss them thru the draft. I don't think its so far fetched that we can't draft wisely at the NT and UT in the draft after the 1st round and still come out with some quality players.

The coaches have said that Witherspoon isn't moving from the MLB position. So Withherspoon isn't an OLB from their perspective. If that is the case, then Briggs isn't out of the question. If you have reasons that differ...state them...we would love to hear them. Chillar is serviceable at best at this point. An upgrade there would probably be a good thing if not a great thing.

If we lose the opportunity to get Okoye at 13, our DT chances go down until the 2nd round anyway IMO. Two second round picks in Country's scenario isn't necessarily a bad thing. The question is, does Briggs warrant a first round pick plus Butler.

Hopefully, before F/A is over we will have addressed the NT/UT to some degree and that will eat up some cap space in addition to Briggs. But, to ridiicule a fellow Clanram member without stating your reasons why is uncalled for. If you have a reason we'd love to hear it. But, get off your high horse until you have something productive to offer. We will listen. That's all he was was asking. If you'd like us to laugh at your posts without a reason why I'm sure we could accomodate you. In my opinion there is no need for that.

The question is legitimate and it is on the table. If you agree or disagree, we'd appreciate your reasons as to why or why not...period.
    Last edited by viper; -03-07-2007 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    The coaches have said that Witherspoon isn't moving from the MLB position. So Withherspoon isn't an OLB from their perspective. If that is the case, then Briggs isn't out of the question. If you have reasons that differ...state them...we would love to hear them.

I think Witherspoon needs more time as the MLB to really show what he is capable of, but it should be noted that he was a WLB with the Panthers and had his best games at that postion. Than we have Pisa who is a classic WLB. So if we trade for Briggs were does he play? Do we play him at SLB and hope he plays well there or do we move pisa over to the stongside? Can we find players in the second round for the D-line that will be as good as a player in the first round, maybe but I don't really think it is a good idea. There are some very good DE and DT in this draft, so I think we should build our Defensive line through the draft. We need better play on both lines to really make arun for the playoffs. And last but not least if somebody believes that I disrespected or ridiiculed Country then I offer my sincere apology.:l

viper is offline Registered User

Massive, I thought you stated your point well from the beginning...thank you for that. No worries man.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

We already have a guy in Chillar who can do a capable job. Yes an upgrade is possible, but the defense would improve immensely if we got a couple of decent young talents to play on the DL. Just giving Spoon and Pisa freedom to run around free of blocks would make a big difference

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post

Rams send

Bears Send

ACTUALLY, this isn't at all a bad idea. You just have to think outside the box. We do the above. Then Trade either Pisa or Chillar + 2[37] for a first rounder again. Use that to get us a good DT and walla. Whatta D we just made. And for all of you who shot this idea down so harshly. Get out of the box!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast