Thread: Trade Idea

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Trade Idea

Just a thought...

In a recent article they described how the rams were 4-12 the season prior to winning the super bowl and made many moves. I was wondering if anyone wants to get back to the glory days(Bruce in his prime with holt). Bruce is getting older as the seasons progress...Chad Johnson apparently wants out of Cincinatti would you be willing to part with the 2,2 and the 3,2 to acquire Chad...That would definately bring the high powered offense back to St.Louis. I couldnt imagine Chad lined up next to Holt just as deadly as when Bruce was in his glory days in 1999.

Thoughts??

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Trade Idea

Looks good on paper.....really we need to focus on the trenches. As we've learned it doesn't matter how many weapons we have if we can't block and pass rush.

SWFCRAM is offline Registered User

It would only be a high powered offense if the correct play calling is used.
    I've got to say that I would be against the idea because we need the extra draft pick and we don't need Johnson's salary on the wage bill.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

This isn't going to happen, and I wouldn't like it if it did. How much money do we have tied up in receivers already? We can't keep adding $5M/year receivers to our roster. The last thing we need is another aging receiver with a huge salary.

I think the primary difference between then and now is that we were a young team then. We're not now. Trading picks for old players right now just ensures we remain mediocre for years to come. We're in a rebuilding period, I think we need to take our lumps for the next year or two and add some youth.

Just my two cents.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SWFCRAM View Post
    It would only be a high powered offense if the correct play calling is used.
    I've got to say that I would be against the idea because we need the extra draft pick and we don't need Johnson's salary on the wage bill.

True...He's only gonna cost more down the road...

ENN107 is offline Registered User

if he came to St. Louis he wouldn't be able to be ocho cinco anymore. Jack Youngblood already took that number to the hall of fame

rammiser is offline Registered User

Why would anyone want Johnson and all his stupid antics. That guy doesnt care about winning he only cares about his stats no thanks!
    Just Fix It

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Why do you think he wants out of Cincy? Because they're not winning. That's a dumb comment to make when it's pretty clear why he's trying to get out. All the trouble the Bengals have gotten in, Chad Johnson kept himself clean. Bring him in get rid of Drew, but to say he doesn't care about winning is just wrong

Drew is offline Registered User

i like chad a lot as a player and tho not all his "pranks" are funny,he is fun!

Dont think we could or should go for him tho....

i think he`ll end up in Dallas ,yes T.O and Chad on the same team would be interesting and not sure if in a good or bad way for them but you can look at them in the play-offs this year and think how much they rely on T.O being fit to tell that they aint got much else in that department where as they are strong and in the main young elsewhere..so they can afford to give up draft picks of which incidentally they have 2 first rounders!

we need our draft picks and ideally speaking we need more first day picks than we have!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think we should keep Isaac. Bruce was banged up with a few injuries. When he's healthy...he can make his stats raise alot.

I see where youre going with this though. Bruce deserves to retire as a Ram. no one else.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Why do you think he wants out of Cincy? Because they're not winning. That's a dumb comment to make when it's pretty clear why he's trying to get out. All the trouble the Bengals have gotten in, Chad Johnson kept himself clean. Bring him in get rid of Drew, but to say he doesn't care about winning is just wrong

Did you call my statement dumb, wow real classy. Maybe you havnt noticed he cares more about his endzone celebrations and his stats than anything else. You think he's trying to get out of Cincy because he wants to win, please. Clearly he and Palmer have been at odds all year. We do not need him on this team no thanks. Also since my statement was so dumb how do you think we can just get rid of Drew Bennett take a huge cap hit and then over pay for Chad Johnson? We do need a speed wr but Johnson can go play somewhere else.
    Just Fix It