RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Trade for Interior DL help?

With Little, Hall, and Adeyanju at DE I would like to see us get a big run stuffer in the middle. I am concerned as Tex pointed out in another thread about counting on a rookie coming out of the Draft helping solve our DL problems in his first year. It took Pickett a while to grow into being a decent DL. I also think our options are as some others have pointed out broke down as follows.

Okoye - Maybe same type player as Wrotten. May not turn out to be a better player. Not the true runstuffer type.

Carricker - see okoye above.

Branch - Maybe same type player as Kennedy. Same concerns as Kennedy and again may not turn out any better.

I wonder who might be available if we decided to trade our 1st or 2nd round pick. I know this may sound crazy at first but it may not be so crazy as waiting around for another DL to develop in the meantime committing nearly the same money as what it would cost for a proven or known commodity.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Trade for Interior DL help?

same money as what it would cost for a proven or known commodity
    Who do you have in mind? And what year can we get him 08?

z.nrd Guest

I doubt such a trade is even remotely possible.

Good interior line play is so important, no one is going to trade anyone worth a dang.

I mean, who would make that trade?
    Last edited by z.nrd; -04-06-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    Maybe someone that has depth along the DL looking for a good youth prospect at one of the skill positions. I don't know that there are any teams out there that would fit the bill or be willing to do such a trade. But I would consider trading a high draft pick for a DT that has already established his self as a quality starter.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I don't know that there are any teams out there that would fit the bill or be willing to do such a trade.
    I think that's the problem that z.nrd was alluding to. The idea, while good, is easier said than done in the respect that finding a team to attempt it with would be difficult.

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    I doubt such a trade is even remotely possible.

Good interior line play is so important, no one is going to trade anyone worth a dang.

Carolina is listening to offers for Jenkins and if we could get him a chnge of scene may be good for him and IF he can stay healthy (he did play all 16 games last year i think) he would improve our run defense more than any rookie would.
    :r :l :r

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    Carolina is listening to offers for Jenkins and if we could get him a chnge of scene may be good for him and IF he can stay healthy (he did play all 16 games last year i think) he would improve our run defense more than any rookie would.
    :r :l :r
    I agree with your post and we might be able to get Jenkins for a 3rd rounder. That would leave us with our 1st and 2nd rounder.

If we added Jenkins kept our 1st and 2nd and went LB and DL we could see a big improvement in the personel.

Our DL would start looking better with 3 former Pro Bowl players:
    Little
    DT? Draft07(1st or 2nd),, Kennedy, Glover, Wrotten
    Jenkins (Beast when healthy)
    Hall (Played great when healthy) Adeyanju (good backup and decent in run support)

Our LB's would also start to look better:
    Pisa
    Witherspoon
    LB? Draft07(1st or 2nd),Chillar,Chris Draft (over 100 tackles last year)

MASSIVE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I agree with your post and we might be able to get Jenkins for a 3rd rounder. That would leave us with our 1st and 2nd rounder.

If we added Jenkins kept our 1st and 2nd and went LB and DL we could see a big improvement in the personel.

Our DL would start looking better with 3 former Pro Bowl players:
    Little
    DT? Draft07(1st or 2nd),, Kennedy, Glover, Wrotten
    Jenkins (Beast when healthy)
    Hall (Played great when healthy) Adeyanju (good backup and decent in run support)

Our LB's would also start to look better:
    Pisa
    Witherspoon
    LB? Draft07(1st or 2nd),Chillar,Chris Draft (over 100 tackles last year)
    Before the option of taking Jenkins I was dead set against taking a LB in the 1st but IF we get jenkins in a trade then I would love for the Rams to select P Willis in the 1st round(IF he is still there) and try him at SLB or just to have him in case Pisa cant stay healthy, we can than move Willis inside and Witherspoon @ WLB. Another option would be a CB like Darrelle Revis. But trading for Jenkins would give the Rams so many options.
    :l