Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Javaman is offline Registered User

Trade with Raiders??

I have a good friend whom is a huge Raiders fan and he seems to feel that the Raiders will work out a deal for Chris Long. He says Davis will do what it takes to bring him into the Raider fold. I know they have the 5th pick in the draft but do they have anything else to offer that would interest the Rams??

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Trade with Raiders??

In all honesty, they'll have to work something with Miami. There is a strong sense that Miami is getting Long...

I'm not sure though. I dont think there is anything from the Raiders that we want.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

I do believe the Raiders have the 4th pick, & if Al Davis is willing to give up a bunch of picks & willing to shell out top money again for another #1, It just might happen. But the Raiders need alot of help also, so to give away picks & break the bank just to get Howie's son just doesn't make sense to me. But we are talking about Al (crazy as a loon) Davis

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If the goal is to get Chris Long and if we hold the key to him, well, sure let's make a deal.

Pullin up the ol' roster here...

Well, not too many names I recognize... let's say their first, second and Michael Huff?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

If Chris Long is on the board, I don't think a trade with the Raiders would make that much sense. As far as I can tell, all the Raiders really have to trade is draft picks and maybe Huff. They franchised Asomugha, so he's not going to be for sale, and the areas that we need help are the same ones they need help--defensive line, offensive line, and wide receiver. If anything, they need more help than we do. Not saying it couldn't happen, but it just seems like it would make more sense for them to hang on to their draft picks to rebuild their team when they're still picking early enough they should get an elite prospect at a position of need.

With Warren Sapp retiring, the Raiders will have a hole at DT and two top prospects in Dorsey and Ellis most likely still on the board when they pick. Or they could think about picking up McFadden if he's still on the board. They should have appealing options at 4th overall.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Even assuming that the Raiders want to trade up for Chris Long (first time I've heard this), why would we trade out of that spot and not take him ourselves? It'd have to be one mega offer to cause us to not sit there and take a guy at a huge position of need.

In the past few days, we've had discussions about trading with the Raiders, trading with the Falcons, trading with the Dolphins, trading with the Chiefs, trading with the Cowboys, etc etc. I think we're getting a little trade happy.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

In a heart beat i would trade down with the Raiders...
    RAMS TRADE :
    NUMBER 2 OVERALL PICK
    4TH ROUND PICK
    6TH ROUND PICK

RAIDERS TRADE:
    4TH OVERALL PICK
    2ND ROUND PICK
    4TH ROUND PICK
    MICHAEL HUFF
    MICHAEL BUSH
    I THINK IT COULD WORK OUT... THEN WE CAN STILL PICK UP JAKE LONG,VERNAN GHOLSTEN, WE'RE GETTING A YOUNG SAFETY TO TEAM UP WITH OJ... I THINK IF AL DAVIS WANTS EITHER MCFADDEN OR CHRIS LONG, THIS DEAL MAKES SENSE FOR BOTH TEAMS

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Hmmm it could. There is SO much stuff we can do with this pick its crazy.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    He says Davis will do what it takes to bring him into the Raider fold.
    With the state of their OL and a young QB to develop, Davis should be doing whatever it takes to get Jake Long.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Even assuming that the Raiders want to trade up for Chris Long (first time I've heard this), why would we trade out of that spot and not take him ourselves? It'd have to be one mega offer to cause us to not sit there and take a guy at a huge position of need.

In the past few days, we've had discussions about trading with the Raiders, trading with the Falcons, trading with the Dolphins, trading with the Chiefs, trading with the Cowboys, etc etc. I think we're getting a little trade happy.
    What can we say Nick it's the offseason & were dreamin Big
    But I did read some where that there has not been a trade up to the top 7 since 2004, I believe. Most teams don't won't to give away picks & break the house to get just 1 player that hasn't proven themselves yet. The Guaranteed money now is just out of hand. So I find most of this trade talk just fantasy & a little fun sometimes

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Javaman View Post
    I have a good friend whom is a huge Raiders fan and he seems to feel that the Raiders will work out a deal for Chris Long. He says Davis will do what it takes to bring him into the Raider fold. I know they have the 5th pick in the draft but do they have anything else to offer that would interest the Rams??
    Tell you're friend to lay off the crack pipe. Do Raiders fans (who think they are going to the Superbowl EVERY year) ever have an opinion that is valid or based on logical assumptions? None that I know of do.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    to give away picks & break the bank just to get Howie's son just doesn't make sense to me.
    I think Blue has hit the point here. This trade desire seems to be born more of nostaligia and sentiment than it does football common sense. They have bigger needs than DE, and while the Howie/Chris posters in Raider colors would sell a lot of posters, the holes elsewhere would suffer.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I think Blue has hit the point here. This trade desire seems to be born more of nostaligia and sentiment than it does football common sense. They have bigger needs than DE, and while the Howie/Chris posters in Raider colors would sell a lot of posters, the holes elsewhere would suffer.
    Does it make sense, no. Does it make sense to Al "I'm rapidly becoming senile!" Davis? Possibly. Did it make sense for him to override his brand new coach and try to run him out of town?

Nick, I really doubt that we'll be trading out of the #2 slot, however, as it was mentioned before, it's fun to think about and pass the time in the slight lull between the combine and FA. Also, it's good to think about such things just in case they do come to pass. You never know what is up in Al Davis or Jerry Jones' heads.

In my opinion, with the amount of guaranteed money that will come with the #2 slot, I'd be ecstatic to trade down to 4. Yes, I've been campaigning for Chris Long for 8 months, but to get another high second, and a young, high 1st round safety to pair with OJ, I'll be happy to take Gholston at 4.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I love the offseason. Pretty soon, Paris Hilton will become part of someone's trade deal.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i hear the Cowboys are shopping Jessica Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast