Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A trade with the Redskins will cost...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

A trade with the Redskins will cost...

" How costly will it be for the Redskins to move up from 6 to 2? Flip flop 6 & 2, and give up their 2nd & 3rd this yr, plus a 1 and 2 next yr."

- Mel Kiper Jr.

Looks like a nice deal to me! I'm just skeptical because we will probably miss out on Claiborne (5) and Blackmon (4).

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: A trade with the Redskins will cost...

I would take that deal and roll the dice on who would be left at #6. There would probably still be a 50/50 chance on Blackmon, as I think Cleveland could give Trent Richardson a lot of consideration at #4.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I would take that deal and roll the dice on who would be left at #6. There would probably still be a 50/50 chance on Blackmon, as I think Cleveland could give Trent Richardson a lot of consideration at #4.
    Possibly. I think we can all agree on 1. Luck, 2. RG3, and 3. Kalil. Cleveland is where it starts to get tricky. I really hope the take TRICH, but then what stops the Bucs from taking Blackmon?

I really hope that Cleveland outdoes the trade offer and we drop to #4 for many reasons.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

There are so many ways they can go so it's a little scary. They can trade out with a team targeting Blackmon (Jacksonville) so they could select Tannehill a bit later or stay put and take one of Blackmon, Richardson, Tannehill (I don't believe they're going to seriously consider Claiborne) which would all have huge ramifications on who will be left for us at #6. This is where Snead & Co. have to be careful because if they don't want any part of Richardson, he may be the only one there for us if it went Luck-RG3-Kalil-Blackmon-Claiborne. I would much rather trade with the Redskins because I believe they'll give us the best offer, but something tells me the Rams desperately want to trade with Cleveland and may end up accepting less in order to ensure they get their man at #4 instead of risking it by trading down further.

EDIT: Yeah, sosa39rams and I pretty much think alike. We can get a scary good return, but we may not get the player we want.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -03-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Possibly. I think we can all agree on 1. Luck, 2. RG3, and 3. Kalil. Cleveland is where it starts to get tricky. I really hope the take TRICH, but then what stops the Bucs from taking Blackmon?
    Nothing, but I'd be okay with Claiborne at #6. Truth be told, I'd be okay with Richardson at No. 6. While RB is obviously not our biggest need, the idea of a Jackson/TRich combo for 2-3 years, with TRich then taking over full time duties when SJax hits the wall, is not the worst idea in the world (particularly when the Rams would have multiple high draft choices to fill other needs).

I really hope that Cleveland outdoes the trade offer and we drop to #4 for many reasons.
    Agreed.

richtree is offline Registered User

I don't think that the Browns and Bucs would both pass on Blackmon, not too mention a lot of teams will try to move up ., Jaguars, Eagles, Pats.,Jets, etc., etc..

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

One of the few times I hope this dude is right. I'd take that trade and run with it. We may not get Blackmon but someone of need will be there at 6. And the Skins stink so we may end up with the 1st pick next year
    ManofGod likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm with AV on that, I would take that deal and not even worry about if Blackmon is on the board. Claiborne would be a great pick...Richardson would be a nice pick... and yeah he could fall to six!
    And that would be so sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I'm with AV on that, I would take that deal and not even worry about if Blackmon is on the board. Claiborne would be a great pick...Richardson would be a nice pick... and yeah he could fall to six!
    And that would be so sweet!!!
    I like Claiborne more than I like Blackmon, thats the problem. I don't see him getting past 5, just as I dont see Blackmon getting past #4. That leaves us with TRICH, who is a very solid player, but its basically a luxury at this point. It'll be hard to get him and SJAX on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I like Claiborne more than I like Blackmon, thats the problem. I don't see him getting past 5, just as I dont see Blackmon getting past #4. That leaves us with TRICH, who is a very solid player, but its basically a luxury at this point. It'll be hard to get him and SJAX on the field.
    I'm not so sure about luxury pick.. as much as I respect SJAX in 8 years he has only played all 16 games twice. In the last 5 years he has missed 10 games. He has been a beast for sure but if not this year when, when will the Rams find his replacement. Fisher is going to run the ball early and often and if SJAX gets hurt in week one like he did last year it would be nice to have a stud back up. Splitting time with a legit running back would help SJAX last IMO.
    SWFCRAM and ManofGod like this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'd feel better about drafting Richardson @ 6 than I would @ 2 or 4, but I still wouldn't feel great about it. The problem is the vaule of the position. Richardson may be one of the five best prospects in this class, but he plays at a position that just isn't as valuable in today's NFL. One only has to took at the two teams in the Super Bowl this year to see how much the RB position has been devalued in today's passing league. DeCastro is in a similar situation. You could argue that the guy's a Top Ten prospect, but guards aren't valued that highly and so he's going to slip into the teens or twenties.
    Last edited by Nick; -03-09-2012 at 10:51 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

First of all, you can forget about Cleveland outdoing that deal. Cleveland still doesn't want to give up the 22nd pick which is mandatory if they want RG3. So of course we take that deal. Problem is, I don't even think Washington will give up that much.

I'd be happy with Washington's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year and just their 1st next year.

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

If we miss out on Claiborne and Blackmon, I'm not sure I'd want Richardson. Like Nick said, look the the top teams. Most don't have a great rb. Also a good line can make an average rb look great. Plus we have SJ. Who is getting up there in age though, so we do need to get a replacement soon. I just think we could get one later in a draft.

I think I'd hope we'd be able to trade back slightly and get Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    First of all, you can forget about Cleveland outdoing that deal. Cleveland still doesn't want to give up the 22nd pick which is mandatory if they want RG3. So of course we take that deal. Problem is, I don't even think Washington will give up that much.

I'd be happy with Washington's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year and just their 1st next year.
    Man then you have to be blown away with what they just gave us 3 one this years 2nd!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Man then you have to be blown away with what they just gave us 3 one this years 2nd!
    Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast