QRAM24 is offline Registered User

Trade senario with KC

So now that the Redskins have got McNabb I just had a thought.
    How interested do y'all think the Chiefs are in drafting a QB? If they do not want a QB this may be a good spot to trade back. Detroit, Tampa, and Washington all have they QB's for the next 5 years and Bradford would still be there at pick #5 for us.
    What this would do is save us millions, get an additional pick in the 2nd or 3rd, or maybe Glen Dorsey. We would get a QB and DT in the first round and be able to address other areas in the draft.
    What are your opinions?

If this we ever to play out it would create a perfect opportunity to trade our 2rd round pick for Brandon Marshall. I am just saying.
    Bradford Dorsey and Marshall, not a bad draft.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Trade senario with KC

They gave up too much money to Matt Cassell last offseason to get a QB this time

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Yeah KC is one of the teams on my list that are not interested in a QB especially early in the draft.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

I haven't thought about this before... but I haven't heard anything about trading the pick to the Chiefs other than here. But I would like it if this went through

viper is offline Registered User

In that scenario, the Redskins still may pull the trigger on Bradford as their QB of the future. It could be a risky proposition for us. Although talented, I don't think Marshall is the answer for the Rams. I'm not so sure about Dorsey either.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    In that scenario, the Redskins still may pull the trigger on Bradford as their QB of the future. It could be a risky proposition for us. Although talented, I don't think Marshall is the answer for the Rams. I'm not so sure about Dorsey either.
    how can you not be sure about dorsey? they were saying the same things about him as they are saying about suh.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thickandthin View Post
    how can you not be sure about dorsey? they were saying the same things about him as they are saying about suh.
    His numbers are apparently not that great since he came out. That may be because he's playing out of position or maybe not. We just don't have a decent track record to judge him by yet. That makes him an unknown up to this point. That's all I'm saying.

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

Who would the Chiefs want that they would trade up to #1? My guess is that you are expecting them to want Suh. Suh is best suited as a 4-3 DT in my opinion. In KC he would be probably moved to DE like Dorsey was. Basically they would be playing another DT out of position so I don't see how this move gives them anything other than losing a player or picks. They really need a big NT to play the 3-4.
    Last edited by KCRamFan; -04-08-2010 at 11:28 AM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KCRamFan View Post
    Who would the Chiefs want that they would trade up to #1? My guess is that you are expecting them to want Suh. Suh is best suited as a 4-3 DT in my opinion. In KC he would be probably moved to DE like Dorsey was. Basically they would be playing another DT out of position so I don't see how this move gives them anything other than losing a player or picks. They really need a big NT to play the 3-4.

You beat me to it. Why would the Chiefs want to trade up into the number 1 spot? What would they trade to get there? What would we give them? For Dorsey? This is kind of hastily put together here...

Rambow is offline Registered User

If Mt Cody is there at #33 I could see KC offering us #36 and Dorsey for #33 and Carriker. I would do it as long as Gresham was off the board which he probably will be. At #36 we still could go for Tate,Benn,BayBay maybe even a LB. (Bowman,Spoon,Hughes)

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Who would they draft at the #1 spot?

Bradford? Almost 0%.

Suh or McCoy? Maybe.

Berry? Could be a possibility, but they already have a chance to get him at #7.

The only real possibility I can see them moving up is to get Russell Okung, if they rank him far higher than Bulaga or Trent Williams.

QRAM24 is offline Registered User

yes this was banking on them wanting the top OT in the draft. It is a long shot but hey I just liked the thought of getting those 3 players in the draft.