Thread: Trading Down...

Go-Time is offline Registered User

Trading Down...

To me, trading down seems like a smart thing to do. I'm not saying for the Rams, I just mean teams in general. Getting more picks and players who are already established seems like a good idea rather than drafting somebody who "might develop".

I'm just saying, why draft a QB first overall that you can get 4-5 picks lower? Trade down and get more picks or solid starters.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Trading Down...

Welcome to Clanram

if there is a team that wants to pay the price for the #1 pick and wants to give up mid rounders we will take it.

Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't be much of a coach/owner... I would trade down every year if possible. So i could add already established players and then wind up with guys like Aaron Rodgers (QB who dropped)... Oher (tackle i wished for) and so on.... I've always been a big hater of the word "potential" in sports... I like "established" better, haha.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Go-Time View Post
    Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't be much of a coach/owner... I would trade down every year if possible. So i could add already established players and then wind up with guys like Aaron Rodgers (QB who dropped)... Oher (tackle i wished for) and so on.... I've always been a big hater of the word "potential" in sports... I like "established" better, haha.
    When you say "established" do you mean Free Agents? Why do you hate the word "potential"? Everyone would prefer an established QB to a potentially good one, but if there were a bunch of Peyton Manning's floating around he wouldn't be so special. Every established player was just "potential" at one point.

I agree with the idea of trading down and hoarding picks. I just don't think you could ever call any player in the draft established.

By "established" I mean obtaining veterans while trading down. An already solid DE or DT or CB so on. I don't know if I could ever draft a QB in the first round.