tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Trading next years number 1 draft pick, what would it get us?

If we were to trade our first rounder from next year, what is the highest valued pick you think we could get? Do we get a mid-first rounder, or just sneak into the back end of the first?

I think this is a very possible scenario for the Rams because of how many holes the team has right now.

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but i couldnt locate the question anywhere else

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Trading next years number 1 draft pick, what would it get us?

well..the example that springs to mind is when the 40whiners traded with the Pats which turned out to be a late 1st for the Whiners next years 1st round pick..as the Pats probably sussed it would be a high 1st the following year,im sure other teams would think that our pick next year would be a high one also so i could see teams being interested to make that trade with us..

personally i think we should only offer next years 1st once weve got to the stage of being a team like the Chargers etc..who seem to always be drafting late in the 1st and may just be looking for one player to get them over the hump and to the big dance.

spending future high picks to get extra picks this year is a tactic akin to launching all your best missiles on the first day of a war..only in a war you could believe that there will be no tomorrow..in the NFL there always is.

any idea Tomahawk what time the coverage of the draft will start in british time?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    any idea Tomahawk what time the coverage of the draft will start in british time?
    i think its 9 PM for us, as its 4 PM ET
    not being shown anywhere no as far as i know, so im going to be on the radio and in the clanram chat room (if that is going on this year)

ramstiles is offline Registered User

Sky are doing a highlight show sunday morning, I'm gonna watch it on the internet NFL.com is streaming NFL Network live and you might get it on MyP2P.eu

cheers dudes..

i got my girlfriend staying over for the weekend,so hopefully i can wear her out during the day and she`ll be sleeping come 9pm...cant be doing with some romcom when the draft is on..

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

There is no way I'd want the Rams to trade next years #1.
    Next year they could have rookie salarey cap and everybody would want to move up in draft. It wouldn't cost a ton of money to get one of the best players in the draft.

richtree is offline Registered User

probably get us a new GM doing something dumb like that...

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

cheers dudes..

i got my girlfriend staying over for the weekend,so hopefully i can wear her out during the day and she`ll be sleeping come 9pm...cant be doing with some romcom when the draft is on..
    Ramblin' Ram,

I thought ya'll were living in Denmark. Did you move or what?

BTW care to elaborate on what "romcom" means?

WHAT SAY YE?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Romcom, a.k.a. "romantic comedy", a.k.a. "chick flick" - a legalized form of torture and the source of John Cusack's power

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I don't really like the idea of trading our first next year. A lot of people have said this is a week class, and if we suck again this year, I want that high pick to get a QB. Hopefully we grab a good RT and give Bulger some time. If Marc has time and we still cant win, I think I will be ready to turn the page on him. Tebow anyone???

Ramblin' Ram,

I thought ya'll were living in Denmark. Did you move or what?

WHAT SAY YE?

i was in Amsterdam in the Netherlands for a while..have never been to Denmark,tho if they still have no speed limit on their roads,id like too..
    i travel quite a lot due to my job...i teach people everything they need to know about farming..(minus the slaughter)..how to look after their livestock & crops etc...

Goldenfleece sums up the Romcom better than i could...well on a family orientated website anyway..

RAMarkable is online now Registered User

i travel quite a lot due to my job...i teach people everything they need to know about farming..(minus the slaughter)..how to look after their livestock & crops etc...

Goldenfleece sums up the Romcom better than i could...well on a family orientated website anyway..

Hmmm... you really are a Ramblin' Ram aren't you?

**sarcasm switch on**Gee, can't imagine why you wouldn't want to watch a romcom/chick flick more than the NFL draft. **sarcasm switch off**

BTW who has the better "lady legs" Jason Smith or your girlfriend? Oops, forgot to turn back on the sarcasm switch!!: Oh well...

WHAT SAY YE?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    If we were to trade our first rounder from next year, what is the highest valued pick you think we could get?
    Depends on what you package with it. By itself, next year's first probably gets you into the high second round. Packaged with picks from this year, you could go higher.

-In 2008, the Carolina Panthers traded an '08 2nd and 4th round pick combined with an '09 1st rounder to get to pick #19 to take Jeff Otah.

-In 2007, Cleveland traded their '07 2nd rounder and '08 1st rounder to Dallas for the #22 pick to grab Brady Quinn.

-San Francisco also traded an '07 4th rounder and an '08 1st rounder to the Patriots to get pick #28 in order to draft Joe Staley. The pick New England got from the Whiners ended up being @ 10th overall, where they got Jerod Mayo.

So it's going to depend on what the Rams want to give up to get that one player. As you pointed out, this team has many holes. Do you really want to give up multiple picks, including a first rounder next year, in order to grab a mid to late first round prospect in this year's class? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I don't really like the idea of trading our first next year. A lot of people have said this is a week class, and if we suck again this year, I want that high pick to get a QB. Hopefully we grab a good RT and give Bulger some time. If Marc has time and we still cant win, I think I will be ready to turn the page on him. Tebow anyone???
    No, no Tebow. The QB class next year isn't that impressive either. I don't see Tebow as much of a factor in the discussion, and I'm not confident that McCoy becomes a legitimate top of the first round candidate. We're likely going to be looking at another season where two underclassmen (Bradford and Snead) are the top choices.

BTW who has the better "lady legs" Jason Smith or your girlfriend? Oops, forgot to turn back on the sarcasm switch!!: Oh well...

WHAT SAY YE?

well my G/F...(gotta say that incase she gets to read this somehow) but its a close thing considering "Lady Legs" is about 180lbs heavier,a foot taller and a future NFL OT where as Rhian is a school teacher..

oh boy do i hope its Seattle and not us who drafts Lady Legs..