Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Trend of the Week -- Justin Blackmon falling out of the Top 10 in mock drafts

richtree is offline Registered User

The Trend of the Week -- Justin Blackmon falling out of the Top 10 in mock drafts

In case you haven't noticed, there have been many new mock drafts floating around various, well-respected websites.

Many of them have been updated due to the combine results, new team information, and the almost certainty of the Rams trading down.

One general trend have been common MORE SO THAN NOT.

Justin Blackmon has fallen out of the Top 5 and Out of the Top 10 in many Mocks.

Now, there is Blackmon's pro-day on MARCH 9TH -- this should evelate his stock back to the highest level. Kendell Hunter ran almost a full tenth of a second faster at OSU's fast track compared to the combine.

Obviously, Blackmon had the most to lose by actually running at the combine, and I think it was a good move not running in Indy.......

but now March 9th, if he happens to run a avg/slow time say 4.56 on a fast track, it will definatly hurt him.

Perception has narrowed the gap between Floyd, Hill, Streeter. Although Blackmon is still the clear #1 at this time, many people would rather have Floyd and an addtioal top 40 pick...than Blackmon alone....

HIs pro-day will sure make this interesting. And if the Rams aren't thrilled with Blackmon's proday, they may consider trading down (twice)...from #2 --> #4 and then #4 --->more picksville....

very interesting, and great to have all the power !

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Trend of the Week -- Justin Blackmon falling out of the Top 10 in mock drafts

You must be looking at different mocks than I am.

Re: The Trend of the Week -- Justin Blackmon falling out of the Top 10 in mock drafts

Do you have to start naming them everytime they pop up ?

Evan Silva and Josh Norris #12 pick Blackmon

Rob Rang CBS #6 Justin Blackmon

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Rob Rang CBS #6 Justin Blackmon
    Your thread title says "falling out of the Top 10," so why is that relevant?

NFL.com has a collection of 4 mocks. They have Blackmon going at #s 4, 4, 4 and 6.

Sorry, but I'm not seeing your "trend" here.
    THOLTFAN81 and Rammed like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

All the mocks that I've seen have us taking Blackmon at either 4 or 6 and the rare time we are taking Blackmon is if we're taking Claiborne because someone took Blackmon ahead of us.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Why are so many people so sensitive when it comes to Blackmon? If anyone says he might drop, or might not be an amazing WR people lose their S***.

It's very interesting, we (as fans) don't even defend our starting QB as much as a potential draft pick.
    Last edited by CanadianRamsFan; -03-02-2012 at 06:46 PM.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Ya sorry Rich don't know who those guys are... sounds like random dudes tryign to stir the pot...
    ManofGod likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I can see why he'd be dropping. I couldn't care less about the 40 yard dash at players respective pro days. Pro days are designed to make their players look better... Though the combine could go either way. To me and I know you like Floyd as well, he was never far behind. If Blackmon does not impress, I'd still take Claiborne no matter what. I'd try to trade down to #4 or preferably #6 (if Blackmon sucks) and grab tons of picks, than take BPA all draft. I'd love Claiborne there, and I'd be tempted at others like TRICH or perhaps Brockers.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    Why are so many people so sensitive when it comes to Blackmon? If anyone says he might drop, or might not be an amazing WR people lose their S***.

It's very interesting, we (as fans) don't even defend our starting QB as much as a potential draft pick.
    It's got nothing to do with sensitivity, Canada. I think it's more an issue of wanting some sort of basis to an opinion that is laid out as fact.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post

I do agree with this....many people fall in love quickly with the #1 rated skill player at WR, RB, CB, QB, etc...

look at 2009 when Crabtree Pick #10 and DHB pick #7 -----you could have easily traded down for Orakpo or clay matthews and still had a chance for one of the other 4 first round WRs taken: Britt, Maclin, Harvin, and Nicks.....

Not bad for a bunch of Wrs that were rated below Crabtree.....

Now I do think Blackmon is better than Crabtree skill wise...but I don't think people understand that the NFL draft is not as clear as talent.

IN FACT, I am sure that Floyd, Hill, Streeter, Sanu, someone will probably end up with a better first year than Blackmon....because Blackmon will probably end up on a weaker squad to start.....

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Yea i dont know what mocks your looking at but every mock done by reputable people/sources still have Blackmon in the top 10.Never have i seen him outside the top 10 not even once.

This has nothing to do with Blackmon, it has to do with accurate reporting. The thread title claims there is a trend, but I can find no evidence that any such trend exists.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

For what its worth, all of the mocks I've seen have us taking him at #4 or #6, I don't see him falling out of the top 10 (but crazier things have happen before). Bottom line if he impresses at the OSU pro day, he'll put all off this speculation to rest. The guy plays fast & is consistent, would love to have him on the team.

punahou is offline Registered User

Hill--- I cant imagine this guy going in the 1st round. He is the epitomy of Mike Mamula Syndrome. His measurables look great, but how can a team put 1st round stock in a guy that caught 28 passes last year?

I would think the brain trusts that exist nowdays would give no creedance to the huge upside/lots of potential players that have been drafted high (UNLESS they work for the past 3 Ram regimes=P)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast