52. You may not vote on this poll

37 71.15%

15 28.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two scenerios

ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: Two scenerios

HOW BOUT THIS? I kno wits crazy but it would b pretty cool

PATIOTS TRADE 2010 1st round pick , 2010 2nd round pick (2 of them) , and Vince Wilfork

FOR

STL RAMS: 1st round pick and second round pick h and ( INSERT PLAYER/PICK)

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Didn't you say the trade was for TB's 1st and both their 2nd-rounders, indicating we should be drafting 3 players in the 2nd round? (I didn't even realize TB had 2 2nd-rounders, I assume that part isn't a typo.)

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

I like the idea of #2. I didn't realize TB had 2 2nd-rounders, but I had been tossing around #1 overall for #3 overall + 2nd round + 3rd round. According to the NFL draft value chart, this is VERY close to a fair trade. I realize that it's accepted wisdom that the draft value chart overstates the value of the highest picks in most years, though I think it would be a lot closer to accurate in a year such as this one with a singular elite talent like Suh, so I don't mind following it in this case.

The advantages would be that we could grab Clausen, a pick that we'll probably consider even at #1 and add a couple picks to boot. TB might go for it because I think they'd like to draft a DT, and the #1 obviously gets them Suh whereas at #3 they might lose out on both Suh and McCoy, which would be close to worst-case scenario for them. The trade really seems to make sense on a lot of levels. That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the players you have us drafting in round 2.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    HOW BOUT THIS? I kno wits crazy but it would b pretty cool

PATIOTS TRADE 2010 1st round pick , 2010 2nd round pick (2 of them) , and Vince Wilfork

FOR

STL RAMS: 1st round pick and second round pick h and ( INSERT PLAYER/PICK)
    i dont like it, nor do i think it will happen

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Don't think you could get both Tampa's second round picks...

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I voted for #1, but I also would say that it is unlikely that Cody and Dwyer would both remain in Round 2.
    I would say Dwyer more than Cody. I picked #1 just because I don't see Cody as anything more than a rotational DT in the NFL. He'll play two downs, then come off the field. I think it's very unlikely he goes in the first unless he blows people away with his workouts (which I don't see happening).

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of McCoy, I would prefer the first option because Suh/McCoy >> Clausen/Cody. If it's someone like Arthur Jones or Jared Odrick, then I could possibly change my mind.

Oh, and I should add that Jahvid Best would be a steal in the third round. He would give game-breaking speed and ability to an offense that currently lacks that. So yeah, #1 is the best option.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -01-15-2010 at 06:11 AM.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I voted for #1, but I also would say that it is unlikely that Cody and Dwyer would both remain in Round 2.
    If the number 2 scenario would be possible I would say the 2nd one but it is highly unlikely because Cody will be a late 1st round pick for sure.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I would take option 1 with Ndamukong Suh, Sean Weatherspoon, and Dan LeFevour

Buccaneers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Scenerio 1
    R1) Suh, DT, Nebraska
    R2) Colt McCoy, QB, Texas
    R3) Jahvid best, RB, California

Scenario 2
    ** Trade down with Tampa Bay for there 1st, and both 2nd Rounders **
    R1) Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    R2) Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
    R2) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
    R3) Eric Norwood, LB, South Carolina

Which one?
    Everyone can drool over the thought of getting Suh, but there is no way that Tampa trades both 2nd rounders with our #3 pick. We have too many holes on our team to dedicate our first 3 picks to 1 player. If you want Clausen you'll probably trade back with one of the other top 5 teams, but trading back too far could be risky, as another team might then trade up ahead of you. If you want to be guaranteed a good QB + extra picks you'll have to trade with Tampa, but again, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that we trade the #3, #35, and #42 picks. Pipe dream.
    Last edited by Buccaneers; -01-26-2010 at 02:07 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneers View Post
    Everyone can drool over the thought of getting Suh, but there is no way that Tampa trades both 2nd rounders with our #3 pick. We have too many holes on our team to dedicate our first 3 picks to 1 player. If you want Clausen you'll probably trade back with one of the other top 5 teams, but trading back too far could be risky, as another team might then trade up ahead of you. If you want to be guaranteed a good QB + extra picks you'll have to trade with Tampa, but again, there is ABSOLUTELY no way that we trade the #3, #35, and #42 picks. Pipe dream.
    And this is what makes trading out of the #1 spot so difficult. Yes, every team would love to have Suh........but every team would like to have all their day 1 draft picks as well.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Any scenario with SUH in it is the one I'm picking.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneers View Post
    I agree that both second rounders is pretty unlikely, because Tampa needs their picks as well. But what do you think about a trade that involves Tampa swapping firsts with the Rams for one of the Bucs' picks this year (either a second or third) and one pick for next year's draft? Or do you think three picks in any configuration is out of the question?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12