AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

UMiami Pro Day Workouts

Player

PositionGil's comments
    Roscoe Parrish
    WRThe people we talked to said Parrish did everything and more, including running routes, catching punts and speeding around as quick as two cats. He measured in at 5-9 and 170 pounds, did 10 reps, had a 10-5 long jump, a 36-inch vertical, ran 4.47 and 4.40 in his 40s (which compares favorably to his 4.43 time at the combine). He also had a 4.22 short shuttle, an 11.08 long shuttle and a 6.69 in the cone drill.
    Antrel Rolle
    CBRolle (6-0 5/8, 197) ran twice for times of 4.49 and 4.52. He had a 37-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-3 long jump, a 4.01 in the short shuttle, an 11.43 in the long shuttle, and a 6.70 in the three-cone drill. Brock BerlinQBBerlin (6-1 3/8, 215) had a 9-foot-1 long jump, a 30-inch vertical, a 4.45 in the short shuttle, and ran his 40s in 4.94 and 4.95. He did not do the three-cone drill. Kevin EverettTEEverett had a left shoulder operation on Jan. 5, 2005, so he did not work out. Frank GoreRBGore was 5-9 5/8 and 208 pounds, which was down from his playing weight of 230. He did 15 strength reps, had a 9-foot-1 long jump, a 32-inch vertical jump, a 4.13 short shuttle, an 11.33 long shuttle, a 7.78 in the three-cone drill, and did run the 40 but we do not have a time as of yet. Chris MyersOLMyers (6-4, 301) had an 8-foot-10 long jump, a 32-inch vertical jump, a 4.38 in the short shuttle, a 7.38 in the cone drill, and strained his hamstring, leaving him with just one 40 time: 5.15.

Antrell Rolle's 40 times were strong enough to solidify him as a top 10-12 pick. If, for some strange reason, he falls to the Rams, I'd be thrilled. He's going to be a playmaker in the mold of Ed Reed.

I'll be curious to see how Gore's 40 time comes out. You have to be pulling for this kid. He has had to recover from torn ACLs in both knees.

The guy who could be a sleeper pick for the Rams on the second day of the draft is Kevin Everett. He is a great physical talent who didn't get much recognition playing with guys like Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow and rising-star Greg Olson.

Re: UMiami Pro Day Workouts

Its now reported that Gore ran a 4.65 40 (on a grass surface). Not great, but probably good enough to get him selected in the 3rd or 4th round.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

The guy who could be a sleeper pick for the Rams on the second day of the draft is Kevin Everett. He is a great physical talent who didn't get much recognition playing with guys like Jeremy Shockey, Kellen Winslow and rising-star Greg Olson.
    He'll be gone in the 2nd round.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    He'll be gone in the 2nd round.
    I'm hoping he'll stick around until our 1st pick in the 3rd. I'd love to see our 1st 4 picks be:

1. Jamaal Brown (OT)
    2. Josh Bullocks (FS)
    3a. Kevin Everett (TE)
    3b. Robert McCune (ILB)

With that 1st day we could spend all of day 2 drafting Eric Crouch's sisters, and I'd call it a successful draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

I agree that a healthy Everett is a first day pick. But, given that he just had shoulder surgery, he could slip to the fourth round.

I'd grab him in a heartbeat if he does.

If not, watch that kid Olson next year in college. He's going to be special.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'm hoping he'll stick around until our 1st pick in the 3rd. I'd love to see our 1st 4 picks be:

1. Jamaal Brown (OT)
    2. Josh Bullocks (FS)
    3a. Kevin Everett (TE)
    3b. Robert McCune (ILB)

With that 1st day we could spend all of day 2 drafting Eric Crouch's sisters, and I'd call it a successful draft.
    Can't say I'd be disappointed with the looks of that first day.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Can't say I'd be disappointed with the looks of that first day.
    Depending on how hot Crouch's sisters are, the 2nd day may not look bad either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

LOL HU! Hey Avenger, how about that corner coming out of Miami? Is he any good? (The name has slipped my mind).

Antrel? Yeah, he's okay...

... okay enough to be playing in Hawaii in the February in the next few years!