RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Uncle Howard strikes again

Recall awhile back that a rumor about Glen Dorsy's leg got started just before the Combine. Recently, several posts on ClanRam have identified the likely culprit to be none other than veteran Ram writer-Howard Balzer. I didn't pay much mind to this discussion until last week when I received a copy of the "2008 NFL DRAFT GUIDE" which is put out by Scout.com. This mag has contributions from writers of all 32 teams and they were asked to give an answer to the following question concerning their team's draft plans: Question: "Please don't pick (the following player)". Guess which player that the venerable Uncle Howie said that he did NOT want the Rams to take. That's right: Glen Dorsey.

Looks like Uncle Howie has been "outed." BTW is it the "venerable" or "execrable" Howard Balzer? What do you think?

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Re: Uncle Howard strikes again

Is it possible or out of this world to speculate that Balzer put this out because he just wants the Rams to pass on Dorsey? He probably didn't like when Dorsey was being associated with St. Louis early on in the process and would much rather have J. Long or Gholston. Stop being a hater, Howard.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Honestly, I think the idea that Balzer put the Dorsey information out there because of his own personal opinions or because he was shilling for the team and their motives is pretty ridiculous.

Anyways, here was Howard's own response on the Rampagers mailing list to that Rotoworld comment implying he may have had other motives for his role in the Dorsey medical report...

Many people have been trying to discredit the story since I wrote it. First, there were those that claimed agents were spreading the information, which, of course, ignored the fact clearly stated in my story that the information came from an NFL team doctor.

I don't believe rotoworld believes I concocted the story with the Rams to have Dorsey's stock lowered, but they are insinuating someone from the Rams gave me the story for their own purposes. Of course, that doesn't make sense because the Rams pick second. Plus, how naive are people to think that something written in the media is going to influence what a team does in this situation.

Let's assume the Rams or some other team want that out there on Dorsey. Obviously, any team interested in him is going to check out the medical information just like they do for every player. Yeah, I can imagine the Miami people gathered around and deciding they want Dorsey, but then someone pipes up, "Don't think we should do that. Balzer said there are some medical concerns."

The truth is, there are teams concerned, and they are checking out his medical stuff very carefully. Of course, they are doing it based on the medical information everyone gets at the combine, not on what somebody writes.
    IMO, there are better ways to debate the merits of the original Dorsey report than by questioning the motives of the reporter.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Honestly, I think the idea that Balzer put the Dorsey information out there because of his own personal opinions or because he was shilling for the team and their motives is pretty ridiculous.

IMO, there are better ways to debate the merits of the original Dorsey report than by questioning the motives of the reporter.
    It doesn't matter what you say - there can be no doubt as to his scurrilous motives !!

Today is April 1st isn't it?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It's April Fools but this is legit.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

"Uncle Howard Strikes Again" Does that mean he's like Darth Vader? Or is it more of a strikes back like Taco Bell does a few hours after you eat it?

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    "Uncle Howard Strikes Again" Does that mean he's like Darth Vader? Or is it more of a strikes back like Taco Bell does a few hours after you eat it?
    Depends upon your perspective: If you are a guy named Glen Dorsey its the former. BTW you must have some putrid Taco Hells out there in KY. The soft tacos here in Arkansas are not all that bad!!

WHAT SAY YE?