Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Unresolved Issues:

Looking at the Rams Roster we seem to have collected a promising collection of starters. And where we still lack we seem to have a plethora of competition.

But what puzzles me is that at some positions I see huge need. Specifically OLB and RB.

Who we got at OLB? Na'il Diggs??? Our compensation pick (Josh Hull)??? Chamberlin???

At RB we only have Darby and Ogbonnaya to back up Jackson. Is this a reflection of the Ram's faith in Ogbonnaya???
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -04-29-2010 at 01:02 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Unresolved Issues:

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post

At RB we only have Darby and Ogbonnaya to back up Jackson. Is this a reflection of the Ram's faith in Ogbonnaya???
    That could be, or it could be that they just haven't found the right fit for us yet. Perhaps the value never added up to drafting a RB over another position during the draft.

We've brought in a couple of guys so far in the off season to work out, but no offers yet. Maybe this is indicating that we must not have seen what we wanted out of these vets.

I agree that we do need an upgrade over our current solutions though.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Actually, Thanks to RebelYell for mentioning the Alex Henderson video, this kid looks very good..Of course we cant just "hope" he pans out, or "hope" Westbrook signs and let our optimism keep misleading us (well actually we can ), but I think in a heads up battle in the depth chart Henderson beats Ogbannaya. Thats not to say were not very thin at RB talent cause we are, especially at OLB and a few other positions. When your this bad, its nearly impossible to fill every hole of need, but I think were on the right foot and it wont be long before all our positions have some kind of depth or talent...

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

On Mr. Oby per Nick Wagoner chat on saintlouisrams.com:
    There are people in this building that really, really like him. I know of at least two players on the team that told me last year that he will eventually be the guy that surprises everyone and becomes a serious contributor. In fact, if my memory serves, in our chat with Donnie Avery last year in this very space, he said he thought Ogbonnaya had a chance to be special.
    Honestly, from the little I've seen of him in college and in that last game, I like this guy. He gets up the field and is a true slasher, one cut guy that doesn't dance around. His hands are excellent an can be a receiver out of the backfield on apr with Westbrook. I've said before that runningbacks are a dime a dozen. With the expected great runblocking this team should have, I like Oby as a back-up to Jackson personally and I don't see why everyone insist that we had to DRAFT one. These positions that are considered needs will address themselves in camp this year IMO, and though i share little concern for either position. I'd be more concerned over OLB than a back-up runningback.
    Last edited by Bralidore(RAMMODE); -04-29-2010 at 02:36 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think the premise of the post is correct. The reality is that when you win 5 games in three years, it is completely unrealistic to think that you can resolve all of your issues in one off season, let alone in one draft.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I've watched this guy play a ton since I live in the Austin area.

Chris Ogby is a good running back, and I think people are really underrating the kid. I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually becomes our #2 back.

TheRammer Guest

ya but do you guys think Westbrook would be a good thing?

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Well, Maybe the Rams are secretly planning to run the spread offense with Bradford if Jackson gets injured On a more realistic stand point i'd like to see a legitimate backup to keep Jackson fresh and healthy and prolong his career.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I think the premise of the post is correct. The reality is that when you win 5 games in three years, it is completely unrealistic to think that you can resolve all of your issues in one off season, let alone in one draft.
    Add to the fact that the free agency period was so weak because of the CBA dieing.

RB I'm not worried about. They will have a squad. Even with the kid from Oklahoma State. It's highly unlikely Westbrook is signed. They were commenting on it on the radio the other day and said he didn't fit the spags mold. He wants guys who can do multiple jobs and Westbrook is limited to one job - part time. If Jackson goes down for 3 weeks, is Westbrook healthy enough to carry the ball 20+ times. Doubtful. If you have doubts or can't count on him, he's not going to be added.

For LBer they have enough.

Vobora, Laurinaitis, Diggs as starters, Asiodu, Grant, Hull, Chamberlain and Douglas as backups. NFL teams typically go with 8, we have 8. Now could they use an upgrade on a few of those guys? Sure. They brought in some camp bodies as UDFAs, we'll see.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    He wants guys who can do multiple jobs and Westbrook is limited to one job - part time.
    His one job is being part time, or he will be doing one job on a part time basis?

Anyway, I don't see how he doesn't fit Spags mold. He can take a few carries and catches the ball well. How many more jobs do you need from a backup RB?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    ya but do you guys think Westbrook would be a good thing?
    1) He's a proven starter, before injuries and old age got him.

2) Being a back-up, he can stay healthier, which can prolong his productivity. When healthy, this guy is good.

3) He is a smart, very smart football player.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    1) He's a proven starter, before injuries and old age got him.

2) Being a back-up, he can stay healthier, which can prolong his productivity. When healthy, this guy is good.

3) He is a smart, very smart football player.
    I hear ya.. I agree with all of those 100%

but I'm not sure He wants to come here man lol
    Apparantly I think we want him but he left STL pondering his options which means we are maybe his very last option and maybe retirement is before us lol or closely next to us being a option..

Apparantly I think we want him but he left STL pondering his options which means we are maybe his very last option and maybe retirement is before us lol or closely next to us being a option..
    I think if he retires it's because of injuries, not because he doesn't want to play for the Rams.

But Westbrook is a high character guy. I think in the end, he's gonna be in a Rams uniform.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Perhaps he doesn't want to commit right away? Wouldn't you ponder your options before virtually signing the rest of your football career away. Why must we assume everyone hates us

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Perhaps he doesn't want to commit right away? Wouldn't you ponder your options before virtually signing the rest of your football career away. Why must we assume everyone hates us
    Bcuxz we sukz and Bradford is garbage and everyone on our team suxzzzz.

But in reality, this is true.

If I was Westbrook, I would consider the injuries that I have sustained, and weigh the options. There is no point in rushing for a deal. Still a lot of time left.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast