Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: UPDATED: No Franchise tag for Finnegan

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Franchise tag for Finnegan??

Finnegan will hit the FA market. Its all up to Fish to see if he wants him now.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

UPDATE: Monday, 2 p.m.
    The Tennessee Titans have extended the franchise tag to safety Michael Griffin, meaning cornerback Cortland Finnegan will become a free agent on March 13 unless he signs a new contract befpre the deadline.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by xpmar9x View Post
    He actually played 80% (rough estimate) in the slot. Titans ran a ton of 3CB sets.
    This was out of necessity, on the official team website he is the starting RCB & lines up in that position unless the teams best weapon is in the slot (rarely on the left hash). Either way, I'm happy he's not being franchised, let's go get him Fish!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    This was out of necessity, on the official team website he is the starting RCB & lines up in that position unless the teams best weapon is in the slot (rarely on the left hash). Either way, I'm happy he's not being franchised, let's go get him Fish!
    So, you're saying that Finnegan played in the slot about 80% of the time because 80% of the time, the teams that they faced had their best player playing the slot? Did 80% of the time the opposing teams send their best receiver on only 5 or 10 yard routes? Because his average depth per pass was something like 7 yards in 2011. He simply did not cover the big downfield targets this year, whcih is why his coverage numbers greatly increased. Personally I think it's because they played him in the slot against lesser receivers and that he took advantage of not having to play Andre Johnson and Manning due to injury. I'd defer to the Titans fan who watched him play, but not a lot of teams have their best player play the slot, just saying.

Yes, Finnegan is considered their starting RCB. That means absolute jack about what happens on the field. Gronkowski is listed as a TE for the Pats. He also plays flanker, split end, slot, fullback, and running back according to where he plays on the field.

I don't trust his ability to cover downfield and feel like he's going to ask for way too much money for the Rams to be able to afford him and everything else we need. I will be happy if he drives other players to lower prices for us though.
    I believe!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: UPDATED: No Franchise tag for Finnegan

No, I'm saying that he IS a RCB, I don't agree w/ the "80%" comment, as the writer stated he "estimated" that stat. I've watched them play a great deal and he is at RCB. Now in regards to him wanting so much money...so many people say this but have no facts to back it up, we honestly don't know how much money he'll ask for in FA. Lastly, he is the top CB in this FA class and a proven product, and a pro bowler. Even with that being said, I'd rather have B. Carr as I feel that he has a better upside, but since he is younger & taller; but I see him going to the Cowboys (and he won't come cheap).
    ZiaRam likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12