Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: UPDATED - Official Clanram Draft Board (Post-Combine) - Comment Here

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Did others show up at the Combine out of shape, to the point they refused to work out? Did they remain out of shape for their Pro Day?

No, he hasn't been arrested for anything. But neither was Jimmy Kennedy. Smith has a maturity issue that may or may not be overcome. And yes, he beat up on college kids the past couple of years (w/ exception of Robert Ayers, who ate his lunch). But he will have to step up his game at the next level, which will require a step up in preparation, work ethic, determination, and maturity. Will he? I don't know, but do the Rams want to take that chance when there are others of equal level with less risk?
    He went up against the best the SEC had to offer. To me, the SEC is the minor leagues for the NFL. If he can be an All-American in the SEC that means something. More to me than what he would have run at the combine.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

The Rams have to go OT in the 1st this year. Pace gone and Barrons last year under contract. Take J. Smith or E. Monroe and they can play RT they're Rookie season. If Barron doesn't sign next year or the Rams don't want him. The Rams have a player to take his spot.
    The NT/DT position will be heavy with star players in the 2010 draft.
    If Rams win 6 games next season they might not be able to get the Star Left OT in draft. I know it's all a crapshoot or flip of a cion who best OT is but you have your pick.
    With 6 wins the Rams pick would probally be around the 10th pick . They could get the star LB , NT/DT or DE in Draft. And if Barron wants out of town,then draft OT again.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You bring up Urlacher, but before Curry even plays a down of NFL football, he'll be signed to a contract that surpasses Brian's. And again, that's simply not a position where NFL teams want to break the banks. QB, RB, WR, OT, CB, DE, yes. LB? Not so much.
    This is exactly what some people fail to realize. When Vernon Davis was selected 6th overall in 2006, he immediately became the highest paid tight end in the NFL. Three years later, how is that looking? As much as a team would love to take Curry high, he would surpass the salaries of players much better than him (in fairness, they have proven they can play in the NFL). Lance Briggs, a SLB, signed last offseason for 6 years, $36 mil. If we take Curry, he will command $50+ mil and almost 3/4 of Briggs' salary guaranteed alone!

I'm starting to believe it will be OT or WR at #2. If Detroit takes our top rated OT, and Crabtree is sitting there with a wide gap on our #2 OT, we will take him. The way Billy has been gushing over Maclin just gives me the feeling that he is doing so to disguise his love for Crabtree. Since he gets a lot of interviews from the Mizzou area, Maclin will obviously come up and he gets the opportunity to gush over Maclin rather than Crabtree. I see this as a semi-smokescreen because game tape is all you need for Crabtree to realize he will be a phenomenal WR at this level. However, if Detroit goes Stafford, I could very well see us grabbing the top OT if the grades are even. We'll just have to wait and see.

I can see it now...Spags has got Crabs!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

As much as a team would love to take Curry high, he would surpass the salaries of players much better than him (in fairness, they have proven they can play in the NFL).
    That's just the draft, bald. And it will continue to be the way business is done until a rookie salary cap is instituted.

But regardless, Curry will be a top 3 pick this year. Maybe he's a Ram, maybe he's not; but some team will select him in the top 3.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    That's just the draft, bald. And it will continue to be the way business is done until a rookie salary cap is instituted.

But regardless, Curry will be a top 3 pick this year. Maybe he's a Ram, maybe he's not; but some team will select him in the top 3.
    I'd say Top 5, since there is a chance KC could conceivably help their record-breaking (in a bad way) pass rush. He won't get by Cleveland that is for sure. Then again, Pat Kirwan has him slipping to #9, although I figure he has been smoking some serious stuff.

And yes, there needs to be a rookie cap. That is why I thought there would be such a big turn out for prospects this year, but I was surprised with the lot that went back. We'll see.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234