Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vernon Davis?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Vernon Davis?

If we draft Davis could he do what Heith Miller did last year? I mean come into the NFL and be a factor right away?

RamsFan16

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: Vernon Davis?

He could do a lot more. He's a better receiver and route runner than Heath Miller and in Linehan's offense, he fits perfectly.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

we really should pick this guy up, he's friggen incredible

sbramfan is offline Registered User

What about Collins, the TE we drafted last year? Is he still on the team? Is he expected to play this year?

I just think they need to take the best Safety or LB in the first 2 rounds, before looking at other positions.

He didn't show anything IMO. This guy is NFL ready.
    RamsFan16

general counsel is offline Registered User

I would like to have him also. I would also like to win the lottery.

What i know is this. He could be the best tight end in the history of the nfl, but if we dont improve a LOT on defense, we are not going anywhere as a team and he is not going to help us in that regard. We need major help at safety and especially at outside linebacker.

For those that want to give oj and carter a shot at safety, why do you give up so easily on manu, who has never been given a real chance to be part of the offense.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

chiguy is offline Registered User

I don't care so much what position we draft at (though I obviously want a pass rusher), as long as it's an impact player.

FWIW -- I gave up on Manu when he started dropping balls and missing pass blocks. I'll give him a pass on overall numbers, but his blocking in the pass game hasn't been good enough IMO.

general counsel is offline Registered User

On manu, from what i have read over and over from barry waller and balzer, both of whom i respect a lot, manu blocks well in tight and is not very good in space. Again, he has had drops, but also some HUGE catches for us in major traffic. Could we use better blocking at the position? Sure. That doesnt require the #11 pick. Better pass rush would sure be a critical component in improving this defense and i think a lot of that has to come from leonard little and improvement from hargrove, along with more blitzing and less of the marmie passive approach.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    He didn't show anything IMO. This guy is NFL ready.
    True that i say if there is no good linedacker by the time we pick we should sould take this guy.

He is already better than Miller and way better than any TE we got on the roster right now:moon:

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I would like to have him also. I would also like to win the lottery.

What i know is this. He could be the best tight end in the history of the nfl, but if we dont improve a LOT on defense, we are not going anywhere as a team and he is not going to help us in that regard. We need major help at safety and especially at outside linebacker.

For those that want to give oj and carter a shot at safety, why do you give up so easily on manu, who has never been given a real chance to be part of the offense.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Why give up on Manu? He can't pass or run block. He can catch a ball but he can't move anybetter than an offensive lineman and if he gets hit by a rain drop he fumbles. Thats why I gave up on him.
    RamsFan16

why do you give up so easily on manu, who has never been given a real chance to be part of the offense.
    He fumbles, cant shed tackles, cant catch the football, and cant run block or pass block. The guy has never been starter material and has just gotten worse. He's also had more than one year to prove himself. Let's compare here...

Manumaluena has had a few years to show starter material. One great grab doesnt constitute a starting job.

O.J. and Carter were rookies. They were rookies. They were rookies. There were rookies. I cant stress this enough. I expected to see more, but O.J. improved as the season progressed and Carter showed a nose for the football. Archuleta also showed that when used correctly, he is still a force. I saw some good things from Furrey as well. He's got a nose for the football and with this offseason to improve, I think he'll be much better.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    O.J. improved as the season progressed
    I'm curious if you would please explain to me how you monitored OJ's progression while he spent most of the season on the sideline, and saw significant action in only one game.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I'm curious if you would please explain to me how you monitored OJ's progression while he spent most of the season on the sideline, and saw significant action in only one game.
    Simple. He saw action in the Houston game as well. He saw more playing than most people believe. The mark of a great cover guy is to never hear his name. Atogwe wasnt tested much by other teams, and when he was tested, he answered the call. I think he was pretty solid in coverage. It was his tackling and run support that was bad. We saw an improvement on that in the houston game.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    We saw an improvement on that in the houston game.
    I don't think you understand my point. You claim we saw improvement, but improvement from WHAT? Atogwe didn't see the field until Week 12, so there's nothing prior to compare to and gauge how much he's actually improved. And if he did improve so much, why did he not play at all the next three weeks?

This is like coming home with a 90% on your math test and saying you improved, but having no previous work to improve from.

Atogwe did well in the two games he was in on defense, but I don't see how you can accurately say he improved through the season with no prior performances to compare to.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

I don't think you understand my point. You claim we saw improvement, but improvement from WHAT? Atogwe didn't see the field until Week 12, so there's nothing prior to compare to and gauge how much he's actually improved. And if he did improve so much, why did he not play at all the next three weeks?
    Improvement from his first game. The game against the Niners. I watched that game and then I watched the Houston game. The Houston game was an eye opener. When Atogwe was on the field, the defense was a lot better. Carr would not test him. The Niner's game, he displayed poor tackling and his few plays at safety were a disaster. So I compared his first game to the two games where he saw extensive playing time. He is really good in coverage, but still needs to improve on dissecting running plays a little bit better. I think he's going to be a very solid FS and he may develop into a star. The only player that I would say was a horrible safety was Hawthorne. The guy looked lost on the sideline. I didnt like the signing to begin with and I especially didnt like handing him the starting job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast