Thread: Vernon Davis

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Question Vernon Davis

With all the attention on Defensive free agent players will V D be our 1st round draft pick ?

Re: Vernon Davis

I would love to see this guy in a Rams Uniform.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I would love it but it appears that he is going to be long gone by the time we pick. Both Detroit and SF would take him to give their QBs an extra bit of help

Rip32 is offline Registered User

We had a huge debate over this and some liked him and some did'nt but after seeing him at the combine I think everyone would like to see him in Blue and Gold,Unfortunatly I think he will be gone before we pick

:clanram:

If Vernon is not available for us to draft then who will be our next choice ??? Should we be looking at free agent TEs ??

:clanram:

Its a fairly good draft class for TE we could look at Lewis,Pope,Klopfenstein,Thomas

In FA I think I heard Putzier's name mentioned

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

It's an interesting case with him because it seems like after the draft everybody was saying surely he had to be considered among the top five or six talent-wise in the draft, but because he's a tight end a number of people seem to be speculating he'll still be available. Some so-called experts are saying that the Rams are the only likely destination before Denver picks at 22, which I find a bit incredulous.

I've been keeping tabs on a site that allows fans of any team to post mock drafts and keeps statistics on who gets picked when and by whom. Since the combine, the percentage of drafts that had us picking him dipped about 2 percentage points for a couple days but is now even higher than before the combine. I figure SF, Detroit, and Arizona are all possibilities. Some people have Buffalo in there, too, but I really think they'll take Haloti Ngata. The ***** will likely have a tough choice between him and Hawk. If I were in that position, I'd take Hawk. Martz didn't really use a pass catching TE that much and he has all those other first round pick receivers, and with a defense-minded head coach Detroit may prefer a guy like Huff or one of the big three QBs if somehow one's still available. Arizona has major issues to address with its running game, but if they sign a big name RB in Free Agency, I would think that they'd be most likely of the three to draft him.

I think he's a great player, but if we don't get him, we can still find a good tight end to fill the position and use the pick on defense. Either way is good.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I heard we were interested in Putzier, I forget where I read it though, if I can find the link I will put it on here, Jeb would be great for us, he's pretty damn good, if not him, Davis would be essential for us, ya never know in the draft I guess, btw we're probably going for a CB or something, I heard Michael Huff was someone we wanted to draft, idk about him being at #11 either. It'll be interesting if Davis and Huff are at #11, what do we do then?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    if Davis and Huff are at #11, what do we do then?

I dont think we have to worry about that,2 chances of both being there when we pick Slim and None

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    I dont think we have to worry about that,2 chances of both being there when we pick Slim and None
    lol, its just a scenario, you never know lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

lilant2398 is offline Registered User

We would take davis if he is there at 11. Only way we wouldnt take him is if hawk or williams slip

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

After trading Brandon Lloyd to the Washington Redskins, the ***** are nearly a lock to take the draft's best receiver - Vernon Davis - to add talent around last year's first overall pick, Alex Smith. They spent a lot of money on Smith, and now they have to surround him with talent, especially after losing Lloyd. Whiner fans should start pre-ordering their Vernon jerseys right now.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

IF DAVIS is GONE take GREENWAY or trade down 2 make the GREENWAY pick more Reasonible. I see hawk i can't help but say ANDY K JR same school same results, i guess in 3 years we will KNOW for sure. We need Huff worse than a OSU LB.