Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1
    peramoure is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    239
    Rep Power
    11

    Vick to Rams Backlash

    Quite honestly, I really am perplexed about the backlash with Michael Vick around the country. I live in Texas and I hear folks "That mother effin dog killer better not ever become a 'Boy!" and now I see it on the Rams forum.

    WHY?

    He served his time! He is a reformed felon! Do you believe in second chances? First and foremost, the guy served a long sentence, forfeited tens of millions of dollars and is genuinely remorseful per Tony Dungy, numerous pastors, and even Arthur Blank. I have never seen a backlash like this in the NFL, not even with LEONARD LITTLE killing a human being! If you can't stand Vick then I want to see a petition to remove Little from the Rams. I believe in second chances.

    Moreso - and I am a little over the top and am 99% logic and 1% emotion in the way I think.. do you eat meat? I mean seriously, do you realize how inhumane our system for killing cattle, chicken, pigs, etc is? It is ludicrous to think that because we have a furry, cute dog fighting each other that this is somehow different then getting a cow, feeding it 100% corn (and giving it antibiotics so it doesn't die from infection from not eating anything else) and then killing it (and I'm not getting into details of how it is done) is somehow DRASTICALLY different than the way we kill animals we eat. And it isn't. They are slightly different but don't try to justify that the way we raise animals is ok.

    I eat meat, and a lot of it, but I think there is a emotional knee jerk to the fact that he fought dogs whereas it is imbedded in our brains that meat just comes from the grocery store with no repercussions.

    So Mike Vick served his freakin' time and gave away his life. Bring him back, and if he happens to be a Ram (and I doubt it) I'll applaud it.


  2. #2
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,051
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    I am posting in a Michael Vick thread.

  3. #3
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    im sick of this Vick crap...Billy D has sense he isnt gonna sign him,im happy with that.

  4. #4
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    There's a huge difference in the 2 cases.

    Leonard Little- accidental

    Michael Vick- intentional


    GO RAMS!!!!!!

  5. #5
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    IMO we give Vick a pre-season invite and only he he does good enough to make the team we give a 1 year contract (league minimum)


    Also even though i am a Vick supporter you don't have much logic. Yea i eat meat but i dont enjoy watching the animal die. Vick sought dogs killing each other as entertainment. Are you trying to say dogfighting should be legal?

    I really want to see what the impact of jail was for vick and if he learned his lesson.

    Again i am a Vick supporter but he is still suspended, I do think he will get reinstated, However right now he is not reinstated right now so lets stop talking about it till he does get reinstated!
    Last edited by BarronWade; -06-02-2009 at 03:56 PM.

  6. #6
    Judaxi's Avatar
    Judaxi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    I'm sorry guys but I really don't see how having Vick on our team could hurt us? We won't have to pay him a whole lot. Plus what is the worse that could happen, we only win 2 games? We can do that with the Qbs we have.

  7. #7
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,409
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    [quote=laram0;293674]There's a huge difference in the 2 cases.

    Leonard Little- accidental

    Michael Vick- intentional [quote]

    Bingo.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  8. #8
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,051
    Rep Power
    172

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    Vick just isn't a good enough player to be worth the trouble.

  9. #9
    Milan Guest

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I'm sorry guys but I really don't see how having Vick on our team could hurt us? We won't have to pay him a whole lot. Plus what is the worse that could happen, we only win 2 games? We can do that with the Qbs we have.
    Because Vick is awful. He was worse than Bulger when he played and he's worse than Bulger after missing two seasons.

    I don't want an idiot at QB, that's the one position where intelligence trumps athletic ability and that goes out the window with Vick. He only has one read and then he takes off and runs, doesn't matter who else is open, there could be a WR streaking for a 50 yard gain wide open and he'll tuck it away and run because it's not his primary receiver.

    I want a smart QB, not an athletic one.

  10. #10
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    I dont want Vick here, but the man has served his time and he does need another shot, just not here.

  11. #11
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    if he gets re-instated (which will probably be next year if atall)..lets talk about it then...it`ll be just as tedious as it is now but atleast it will have a tiny smidge of relevance,instead of constantly starting "new" threads about old already discussed topics.

  12. #12
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,093
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    Quote Originally Posted by peramoure View Post
    Quite honestly, I really am perplexed about the backlash with Michael Vick around the country. I live in Texas and I hear folks "That mother effin dog killer better not ever become a 'Boy!" and now I see it on the Rams forum.

    WHY?

    He served his time! He is a reformed felon! Do you believe in second chances? First and foremost, the guy served a long sentence, forfeited tens of millions of dollars and is genuinely remorseful per Tony Dungy, numerous pastors, and even Arthur Blank. I have never seen a backlash like this in the NFL, not even with LEONARD LITTLE killing a human being! If you can't stand Vick then I want to see a petition to remove Little from the Rams. I believe in second chances.

    Moreso - and I am a little over the top and am 99% logic and 1% emotion in the way I think.. do you eat meat? I mean seriously, do you realize how inhumane our system for killing cattle, chicken, pigs, etc is? It is ludicrous to think that because we have a furry, cute dog fighting each other that this is somehow different then getting a cow, feeding it 100% corn (and giving it antibiotics so it doesn't die from infection from not eating anything else) and then killing it (and I'm not getting into details of how it is done) is somehow DRASTICALLY different than the way we kill animals we eat. And it isn't. They are slightly different but don't try to justify that the way we raise animals is ok.

    I eat meat, and a lot of it, but I think there is a emotional knee jerk to the fact that he fought dogs whereas it is imbedded in our brains that meat just comes from the grocery store with no repercussions.

    So Mike Vick served his freakin' time and gave away his life. Bring him back, and if he happens to be a Ram (and I doubt it) I'll applaud it.
    First of all, running an illegal dog fighting ring is bad enough, but the thing that really infuriates me about Vick is the fact that he and his pals got their jollies and some kind of sick, twisted pleasure in torturing dogs that lost fights and were already ripped to shreds, then sadistically killing them by hanging, drowning, electricution and slamming thier lifeless bodies to the ground. Sounds a little different than your cow analogy, wouldn't you say?

    As far as getting a second chance, if a team want's to give it to him, fine, but it will be a huge leap of faith. The court gave him a chance to be free on bail while awaiting his sentencing and Vick repayed that trust by violating his bond agreement and testing positive for drugs. That's AFTER he begged the judge for mercy on the basis that he had learned his lesson and was a changed man. Reformed felon?? I'm just glad Billy Devaney had first hand experience with Vick and knows better than to waste one second of time on him, so hold your applause for Vick as a Ram.

    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There's a huge difference in the 2 cases.

    Leonard Little- accidental

    Michael Vick- intentional
    Thank you. Short, accurate and to the point.

  13. #13
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    I'm sorry guys but I really don't see how having Vick on our team could hurt us? We won't have to pay him a whole lot. Plus what is the worse that could happen, we only win 2 games? We can do that with the Qbs we have.
    Which is good, because all of the QBs we have are better than him. (YES, I even consider the guy we grabbed in the draft to be a better QB than him.)

    My objections to this team even giving him a veteran minimum contract are as much related to this as the large negative publicity such a move would undoubtedly generate.

    And before anyone says "Wildcat"...It's the NFL. Some defense will figure out a counter to it this year, and then everyone will adopt it, rendering it useless.

  14. #14
    npow81 Guest

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    There is also one other difference between Vick and Little
    (1) Animal
    (2) Human
    Makes a big difference, but I won't condone what Vick did in any fashion, its still awful and it does make it hard to forgive when it was in fact intentional torture.

    However, after seeing the Outside the Lines piece on Brandon Marshall the other day, its hard to see how Vick can be the biggest villian the NFL has ever seen for what he did...and wife-beaters like Marshall get away nearly scotch free in the court of public opinion.

    Needless to say...it's not going to happen, and his signing wouldn't help the franchise, so lets all just shut up about it.

  15. #15
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,093
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Vick to Rams Backlash

    Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    Needless to say...it's not going to happen, and his signing wouldn't help the franchise, so lets all just shut up about it.
    If you haven't learned it by now, let me point out that people around here don't shut up. It's about as likely as Vick becoming a Ram.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live: 12/11/07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
  2. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-07-2007, 07:55 PM
  3. Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
  4. Thomas' chat 9-4-07
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
  5. Have Fun,enjoy
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -06-21-2006, 12:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •