throwback week

View Poll Results: Should the Rams make an offer to Moss?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make him an offer for the last 8 games

96 83.48%
  • NO...thank you

19 16.52%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Vikings waived Moss - Should the Rams be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    In a nutshell after bagging on Childress and loving on Belicheat, NO.
    I'll stick with A.J. Green to make our future look bright. If he goes to our division rivals, expect Bartell to show off that good coverage he had against him during the preseason.
    The only way we get AJ Green is if we lose out and Carolina wins a couple (or we pay out the nose through a trade up).

Personnel decisions SHOULD NOT be predicated on the assumption that AJ Green will be wearing Rams horns next season. Because I can pretty much guarantee that barring a trade, he won't be available when the Rams pick.

/OT

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Randy Moss is available...

I've heard nothing about him being a locker room cancer. I do remember him giving words to Cullpepper during a game though. This isn't the same type of team as the Vikings then. HOFer or not, I can not imagine the guys on this team allowing anything untorid from Moss. His issues, as I see it, are that he has a big mouth, specifically in front of a microphone.

Eight games. A chance for Bradford to throw to a future HOFer. The Rams really need a reciever of his caliber, even in decline. This is a no brainer.

Moss to Bradford "you need to throw me the ball!"
    Bradford to Moss "meet Mr. Luarinaitis, Mr. Long, Mr. Brown, Mr. Jackson, Mr. Hall, Mr. Saffold, Mr. Spagnulo, Mr. Kroenke...........Mr. Field Turf"

Additionally, I do think that a guy like Fendi could learn a thing or two from Moss. I see some physical and athletic similarities there.

(On second thought, I can't imagine that Moss can pose any kind of problem to our well balanced and poised rookie QB. He could probably manage any Mossysm's quite handily himself.)
    Last edited by Richbert88; -11-01-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    Semper Fi!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

We should try and grab him.

Moss isn't like Vincent Jackson. He's not a cancer. He might not give 100% ALL the time, but maybe the environment in this city and the influence of this team will fit him. After all, he loves being a #1 WR on a competitive team with a great QB, and I know Moss knows that Bradford is going to be the next big thing.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

hmmmm he's better than T.O. and a would be a lot cheaper. Why NOT

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

If we had a normal rookie QB I would be against this. But Sam is as cool as they come. Kid never gets rattled. He is not Matt Moore, who forced it to Steve Smith because he was complaining all game long. He will hit the open man.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    If we had a normal rookie QB I would be against this. But Sam is as cool as they come. Kid never gets rattled. He is not Matt Moore, who forced it to Steve Smith because he was complaining all game long. He will hit the open man.
    Agreed. I don't really see Bradford getting negatively affected by a guy like Moss. I think it's more probably that they actually develop a positive relationship. Moss will come to know how good Bradford's accuracy really is, and he will be thrilled.

Besides, we have Steven Jackson and Jason Brown to keep Moss in check.

It feels so wrong when me and Peoria agree on something

If we are in the position to draft AJ Green come April, I feel really bad for Spags, cause the outcry for his job will be fierce. Undeservedly sure, but someone's head will roll if this team drafts in the top 5.

The NFL is a win now, what have you done for me lately league. Spags and Devaney know this, they also know a receiving corp of Gibson, Robinson, and (minus Ammendola) isn't very good.

When Avery went down they traded for Clayton, when Clayton went down they promoted DX, and when DX went down.... will they continue to step up and sign Randy Moss?

Gonna be a fun couple of days.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Picking up Moss would be an intriguing experiment, but he seems REALLY pissy these days. Getting the boot from two teams in a matter of weeks isn't a good sign of a stable attitude. Someone mentioned Shurmur's offense, and that could certainly be an issue with Moss. Bottom line, if he came in and played nice, I'd be all for it, but I'm just not sure he's able to play nice anymore.

molar_pistol Guest

this is a tough one, here's a guy who has caused enough problems in two locker rooms this year to get thrown out, but would probably come on the cheap for the rest of this year. i think he would help us on the field if he actually gave the effort, problem is he hasn't been giving really any effort this year. maybe he's ready to turn that around and if so he would be a nice pick-up, i'm going to have to trust billy d's judgment on this one.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

According to waivers, we are 13th in the order to pick up Randy Moss. We should take a chance. Spags has built character on this team and it's time to take a risk-reward situation, like the article said.

Schefter and ESPN just showed teams that would be "interested" and their order on the waiver claim list, had the Rams at 13th, in front of every other "interested" team- including Redskins, Seahawks, Raiders, and Bears.

stl7 Guest

How does the waiver wire work? The first 12 teams have the best chance to get him but he has to agree to go there? What are the obstacles of claiming a player off waivers?

Moss doesn't have any say in where he will go, other than telling the team he won't play for them. Of course if it gets down to it, and Moss doesn't want to play anywhere but NE, the Dolphins or Jets might just claim him to block the Patriots.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    I knew someone here was going to spread such lies.

Randy Moss has his faults, mainly with the media, but disrupting a locker room has never been a problem. Evidents shows just the opposite.
    Like that locker room spat between him and Brady? Like how the Vikings dumped him, then the Raiders, then the Pats, then the Vikings, despite his talent? Guys with talent and production don't get dumped unless they are causing problems off the field, i.e. the locker room. If you recall, a lot of players have come out and said how much they like T.O. but no team seems to be able to stand having him for long.

What you forget is that players very rarely will tell the media they don't like another player. Guys like Moss or T.O. will to an extent, but you won't find many quotes from players blasting one another. It's not something they do. You think all 53 guys on every team like each other? They sure don't, but they'd never say it to the media.

I say most of the evidence shows that coaches feel he is enough of a headache that they don't want to deal with him.

Also, just because some teammates like him doesn't mean he isn't undermining the coaching staff, which means he still a locker room cancer.

Please tell me why two pre-season super bowl contenders dropped him like a hot potato if it wasn't because of locker room problems. That isn't sarcasm, I just can't think of another reason.

C-Mob - I didn't get to see a lot of the game, so I didn't see the safety covering him. My guess would be the Pats knew Moss would be pumped for the game and took him out of it. He hasn't exactly been lighting it up in other games though either. It is possible that he would be motivated for the rest of the year, but I personally don't want a player who can't motivate themselves.

Edit: and whether or not physically he has a lost a step, not being able to stay motivated is the same as losing a step.
    Last edited by berg8309; -11-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.

St.Louis Ram 56 Guest

Re: Vikings waived Moss

Oh man I think moss is a bad card for our deck, We are getting into, a real nice tempo and I feel moss would only disrupt the Rams scheme......

let someone else deal with him, we need focus! And a lot of healing in this bye week